Scarlet night 2 chapter 5
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mikael, as usual, sat thoughtfully on the throne, recalling the events of the previous evening.
.
.
.
Mikael walked around the entire hall where the banquet was held. A large number of glances were directed at him. Someone looked at him with a kind of admiration, and someone with a sense of fear. Soon Mikael noticed Melissa's main maid, Anna, and approached her.

"You're the queen's head maid, aren't you?"

"Oh, greetings, Emperor.

Anna bowed, and then continued.

"Yes, I am Her Majesty's head maid, Anna.

- OK. Then tell me, where is your queen now?

- Um, well, you're a little late. Their majesties are on their wedding night...

Anna answered a little embarrassed.
Mikael's face expressed obvious displeasure and he answered quietly.

- I see.

After that, Mikael left the palace.
.
.
.
- Rene!

The chief counselor entered the office.

- Yes, the Emperor?

- My mother is coming soon, we need to prepare everything for her arrival.

"Very well, Your Majesty. And the queen also said that she would not come alone...

- And with whom?

- With Her Holiness.

Mikael raised his eyebrows a little and grinned.

- They have already managed to become friends.

- As I know, they have known each other since the saint's childhood.

- Hmm, I see.

In the Liberani Palace.
Melissa was going for a walk when there was a knock on the door and Anna came into the room.

- Your Majesty, here is a gift for you from the Emperor Michael.

Melissa didn 't even pay attention and said indifferently:

- Put it with the other gifts.

- Oh, well, as you command.

Anna was about to leave when she stopped.

"Don't be impertinent, but may I ask if you're going somewhere?"

- yes. For a walk.

- But... Have you asked permission from His Majesty Robert?

- no.

Melissa turned to the maid and smiled. But that smile didn't bode well.

- Is it necessary?

- There are certain rules of the Liberani royal family. And one of them is that no one can leave here without His Majesty's permission.

- Ha, ha, ha. Funny. But I don't care if I want to get out of here, I will...

- But...!

"And I don't need anyone's permission. I am the queen and I have the same rights as the king. Is that clear to you?

The head maid looked with frightened eyes at her mistress and either did not know what to answer, or did not dare, but she clearly did not like Melissa's answer and the queen calmly left the chambers.

- Arrogant creature...

Anna whispered to herself and also left her mistress's chambers. Melissa approached the butler, Adelson.

"Mistress, why did you call me?"

"You will accompany me, Adelson.

Adelson was surprised and repeated his words with gestures.

- Yya!? Accompany!? You!?

- Stop fooling around and let's go out.

"All right, my queen, but does King Robert know about this?"

- no.

- Well, then we need to report to him urgently.

- Anna will take care of it, so that's it, don't panic.

And Melissa and Adelson left the palace. They got into the carriage and the queen pointed the way.

- Adelson, do you know what day it is today?

The butler looked at the Queen in silence.

- No, of course you don't.

Melissa instantly turned to the window and looked at the clear, boundless sky.

- Adelson, today is the day my parents died.

"May they rest in peace, mistress.
"But I think we should have asked the king's permission."
- This time it may be all right, but next time it's better not to risk it.
- Our king may only seem so soft, but in fact he is quite a demanding ruler, especially to traditions...

- I know what he's like. I know everything.
- He is the ruler for YOU, you will obey him, but not me.

The butler and the queen pierced each other with fiery glances, but the coachman developed this eerie aura.

- We have arrived, Your Majesty.

Melissa and the butler got out of the carriage. There was a "huge clearing of beautiful, azure-colored flowers" around.

"E-that's it...

- Yes, Adelson, this is a jade forest lying on the border between the empire of Arctarganir, to which it now belongs, and the former, now abandoned kingdom of Honshu...

King Robert was angered by the act of his queen and sent
three kings after her.

"How dare she! The red-haired beast! No shame, no conscience! And yesterday she was so tempting... She decided that after she satisfied me, she could do whatever she wanted!?

"You are right, my king! She thinks too much of herself by marrying you.

- Nothing. She will get her punishment for such audacity.

The flowers were as beautiful as they were then, that day, that vindictive and hateful day. Melissa plucked one flower and a tear rolled down her cheek, overflowing with sorrow and sadness. Adelson, noticing this, handed her a handkerchief.

- My mother loved these flowers very much, I want to collect them for her.

"All right, Queen, I'll help you.

And Melissa, together with Adelson, began to collect flowers. After they had collected them, Adelson retired to put them in the carriage, and the queen sat down.

- Hello, Queen.

Melissa immediately turned around and saw Mikael in front of her. He came up to her and sat down too. Next, he handed her a gift, a small box.

- What is it?

Mikael wiped a tear that was on Melissa's cheek and answered.

- This is my wedding present for you.
- There is a very valuable thing for me there.

The emperor and the queen looked at each other with tenderness, softness in their eyes, there was no contempt or lies, but only sincere feelings. Then, Melissa accepted the gift.

"You can open it now, Melissa.

So she did. When she opened the box, she couldn't believe her eyes.

- What?! Impossible! This is... this...

- Yes, it's your pendant. You gave it to me as a child and told me to give it back to you when we meet again.

Melissa remembered. The little girl took Mikael by the palm and put it to her rosy cheeks, caressing her. After that, she took off the ruby pendant that resembled the eyes of this young princess.

- Take it.

- Why do I need it?

Blushing, Mikael asked the princess.

- Now we will have to part anyway, so I'm giving you my pendant to remind you of me, and when we meet again, you will give it to me.

- What!?
....

Melissa looked at the pendant and squeezed it in her hand.

- The pendant... Mikael... you...

- Yes, I kept it to return. Even when I thought you were dead, I kept it with me...

- Mikael, you, you!

Melissa began to beat Mikael's chest with her fists and bitter tears, full of despair and pain, poured out like a waterfall.

"Gee...

From under the carriage, the curious Adelson cautiously peeked out.
His state of shock was indescribable.

- Melissa...

Mikael did not resist Melissa, he looked at her with a heavy, pitiful look. But after Melissa fell unconscious.

- Melissa!? Hey, wake up! Melissa...

- Your Majesty the Queen, what's wrong with you!?

The butler immediately ran up.

- Guards, quickly, take the queen to the carriage! And we are going as fast as possible through the palace!
"I'm sorry, Emperor Mikael.

The butler bowed. Mikael nodded understandingly.

- Can I come with you?

- I'm sorry, but I don't think it's worth it, Your Majesty.

- Okay...

The carriage sped away from here, and Mikael watched her go.
In the infirmary, Melissa was thoroughly examined, and soon she woke up.

- Oh, you're awake.

- yes...

- I want to please you, Queen, you are in a position.

There was definitely no surprise on Melissa's face, rather determination and joy, since this was what she knew and was waiting for.

- That's how. Fine. We need to please King Robert.

"He's just waiting for you at his place, Queen.

Smiling, the head maid said and Melissa stood up.

"Your Majesty, you should rest a little longer.

- No, I'm fine.

- But the queen...

- I said that everything is fine with me, what else don't you understand?!

The healer guiltily lowered her head down and Melissa left the infirmary.
The butler was passing by.

- Butler Adelson, where is the king now?

"He's in his chambers, waiting for you, Queen.

Melissa nodded. The butler approached her ear.

"He's not in a very good mood, Queen.

Melissa exchanged a glance with him and
left. When she reached the king's chambers, she did not hesitate and immediately entered. She looked around, but saw no one.

- The King? Robert?

After a few seconds, she felt someone's hands on her shoulders, which turned her sharply. There was a loud and sharp bang.

- Ah!

It was a strong blow that knocked the queen off her feet. She clutched her sore cheek and looked up. The king was standing right in front of her. His face exuded savage malice.

- * Did he really get so angry when I left the palace*

- Robert!

Melissa got up from the floor and looked at her husband with no less anger.

- What the hell are you doing!?
- Who gave you the right to beat me?

- And who gave you the right to leave the palace at will?
- Tell me, Melissa.

- I gave it to myself. I'm the queen, can't I do what I want?

"You can't, Queen, you can't.
- You, like everyone else, obey me! You are my slave, Melissa, remember this on your nose!

There was another less strong clap, but this time from Melissa.

"How dare you call me a slave?"

The king did not seem to feel Melissa's blow, but his eyes burned with a fierce fire.

- * What's wrong with me? Why am I so weak? Is it really because she is pregnant... This is bad*

The king grabbed Melissa by the throat, pressed her against the wall and began to strangle her.

- Gkh... Ah.... Rob.. rt
- I... ha... ha... be... hre... on

- What, I'm sorry? I didn't hear you, Melissa.

- Kh... kh... kh

- However, I'm not interested.

After these words, the king threw Melissa on the bed.

"If I kill you now, I won't get any pleasure from it.

The king approached Melissa, who was recovering from a long lack of air, and hovered over her.

"Consider yourself lucky, my slave.
- Now you should be quiet and submissive, not like last time, and if I like everything, I will forgive you.

0