4: It’s a Goblin Chief!
135 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I honestly was thinking that we may just make it in one piece.

But the horrible monstrous thing before us, was another matter entirely.

 

Text: Goblin Chief level (15)

 

It was a five level difference compared to my own level.

As for the others, they weren't quite there yet.

"So this must be the boss that we have to defeat." Li Mo says with a slight tremor.

He was a fast castor, so having him on the team was very important.

 

Stats

Name: Li Mo

Class: Healer

Level: 4

 

"You just need to stay back and let us warriors take that down."  Zu Wan says pointing to his chest.

 

Stats

Name: Zu Wan

Class: Warrior

Level: 6

 

The other warrior was Zu Wan's sister Tao Wan, but that's beside the point.

"It hasn't even been a complete day yet, and we're already running into the boss?" Xiang Tian asked wiping sweat from his brow while clenching his bow tightly.

 

Stats

Name: Xiang Tian

Class: Archer

Level: 5

 

Now that I think about it, this is a pretty convenient team.

Was this predetermined? Perhaps I'm overthinking things.

Either way, we have to get pass that Goblin Chief to get down to the bottom floor.

"I don't know why, but I feel as though this guy isn't the boss." Shi Ju says.

 

Stats

Name: Shi Ju

Class: Assassin

Level: 4

 

"I also think so. It's just way too easy. We still have four more floors to go. There's no way that guy is the boss." Yu Ling agrees with a nod.

I guess that does make sense in some way.

And if that's true than we will be running into even worst monsters going down.

I'm also guessing that the levels of the monsters won't be so easy anymore after this.

"So how are we going to fight this thing?" Kim Sung asked.

To think that we would have to go through the cafeteria just to get to the stairs that led down.

If not, I would say to go around.

The college really did take on a whole new look.

"We'll have to rush it." I mutter.

If anything I wouldn't risk such a bold move, but we didn't have the luxury to just wait around like this.

It's only a matter of time before we drew the attention of the nearby goblins and hob-goblins that were inside the cafeteria.

"Rush it? What kind of half-baked idea is that?" Xiang Tian asked with a frown.

He swallowed once Yu Ling pointed a daggar at his throat.

"Watch the way you speak to the boss." She warns coldly.

"It may seem half-baked. But it should work. We have a variety of classes and our levels are decent. I say it should work." Kim Sung says.

That's right, even if I'm the only level 10 here. We have the advantage of winning.

If coordinated correctly, we'd be able to rush it without any causalties.

"I guess that means the assassins will be the decoys." Shi Ju says.

I smiled which gave the two assassins a scare.

"Well since you volunteered." I say to them.

"Are you sure about this boss?" Yu Ling asked.

I thoughtfully rubbed my chin.

"It could work. But on the bright side, if it doesn't work we could just replace them, right?" I asked pointing up matter of factly.

They all looked at me in terror.

Alright, I didn't actually mean that. If they died I'd really would care, but I'm not exactly the type to say so out loud.

"That's really harsh." Shi Ju says.

"Well, that's how the world is. Just try not to die and you would still be useful to me." I tell her.

After a long silence, I made a plan that should get things done quick.

"You're not honest at all. You know that, Boss?" Kim Sung asked once the two assassins drew attention to all the goblins.

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked as innocently as possible.

"Could it be that the boss is a tsundere type?" Kim Sung asked.

"Let's not focus on the non important things. For now it's about our turn to enter." I said avoiding his questions.

I wouldn't dare to admit to any of the things he mentioned. A tsundere, me? There's no way, right?

"Looks like they managaed to take down the goblins using backstab. It's the warriors turn to enter." I say.

This next part handles the Hob-goblins, once they are taken care of we will all rush the Goblin Chief.

I watched quietly as the two warriars easily took them down, while also staying out of the Goblin Chief strike range.

The rest of us came rushing in.

With me having my followers surround the Goblin Chief.

This method will keep it busy.

"Tank!' I called out.

At the right time, Kim Sung rushed towards the Goblin Chief with his shield raised.

He clashed directly with the chief passing through my followers.

If he use enough force he'll be able to knock the Goblin chief over.

The sound and trembling of the ground as the Goblin Chief was successfully knocked over meant it was my turn.

With my dagger I rushed over and climbed on top of the Goblin Chief's head.

Without hesitation I wedged the dagger into the brain of the Goblin Chief several times until it's roar of pain was no more.

Just like that it's body withered and a gem was dropped.

 

                                

 

6