6: Strategy
112 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large brownish red Goblin that had more muscles than fat.

It stood to at least seven feet tall.

Besides it's freakishly strange skin color; it had other features that set it apart from a Goblin Chief.

Like strange hook tusk entruding from it's mouth on either side.

"It sure is ugly." Kim Sung says.

"Forget it's horrid appearance, that monster is huge!" Ying Lue breathed looking way up while having her daggers raised in attacking position.

I was more worried about the level difference.

How the hell will this team take that thing down without getting killed?

Not only am I the only one who's reached level 15, I'm the only one who has a fighting chance.

Sure, I guess if Li Mo stayed back then she may live.

I'm going by real life statistics here, we're fucked if we don't find a way to kill that boss using brains and our skills. 

"Boss, that thing looks as though it's getting ready for something. What do we do with something that is three times our levels?" Xiang Tian asked.

I frown.

Looks like this won't be easy as I thought.

We'd be lucky if we even make it out of this building in a day let alone 2.

I watched silently as the others kept attacking the Gonlin Berserker and getting knocked back.

None of us had health potions, and if we're not careful none of us will need to worry about it.

(Since we'll be dead.)

"Hey, I think it's best that you guys pull back so we can plan out this fight." I tell the others.

We were not ready for theis boss.

"Yes, Boss!" The others chorused falling back.

We exited the boss room and loitered outside the door in the hall.

"So what do we do now?" Shi Ju asked.

"Just give me a minute to think of a stratedgy. We can't just go in there blind right?" I asked.

I leaned against the wall.

"Can I just say that all my life of playing games, just walking out of a boss room is still blowing my marbles." Kim Sung says.

I get what he means.

Since in a real RPG game, once one entered a boss room, there was no escape. 

One would have to defeat the boss in order for the next level to appear.

Well, the next level hasn't appeared, but being able to exit is mind blowing on it's own.

Right now though, getting out of this school with my life in tact is the only thing that matters.

And I guess the others too, since they are useful to me.

Yeah, it's not like I care about them or anything.

I'll just think of a plan that can not only kill the boss but have us all raise our levels a bit in the process.

Something clicked inside my brain.

It's almost hard to believe that I didn't think about using my necromancy skills to distract that Goblin Berserker.

"I think I have a plan in mind." I tell the others.

They all faced me as I hashed out the stratedgy that I had set out.

"Oh, that's pretty great!" Ying Lue was excited.

Perhaps it's because her Assasin skill is the key to everything.

Well her and Shi Ju will have to work hard for all of this to work.

"ALright, remember the plan. Death is not an option." I say.

"I see, so you really do care." Kim Sung says with a grin.

I scowl, I'll just ignore him.

And the others who pretended not to laugh while getting their weapons or equipment ready for this battle.

"Let's just get this over with." I told them. 

I should probably just leave them all out to die.

I never really cared for people to begin with, so why should I try so hard to keep these ones alive?

Is what I'm thinking, but deep down.....deeeep down, I guess I kind of find these guys bearable.

We re-entered the Boss room, and that Goblin Berserker was in the same place we left him.

The battle of survival has resumed.

"Alright, Tank and Archer get into position, you guys are our defense. The Healer needs to stay behind and enhance everyone's abilities. The Warrior is our arggo, you'll distract the Goblin Berserker and I'll use my Hob-Goblin followers to distract it. If this all goes as planned then the two assassins will use Backstab on him and try to at least bring it to it's knees. We'll think of something to finish it off after that." I say.

I used my skill to realease three Hob-Goblins. I'm sure they were glad to be of some help in this situation.

"Alright you three, just like last time. Distract the boss, cause damage, do something to keep it's attention, understood?" I asked them.

The three Hob-Goblins nodded before making their way over to the boss.

"That's still awesome no matter how many times I see it." Li Mo says while he stayed back.

Now as for me, I should think of a finishing move that will take that Goblin Berserker down for good.

I don't plan to be a hands off type of Necromancer after all.

 

 

5