Chapter 54 – Plans
136 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soma Nathan used his Static step skill to teleport into Admiral Radford's office, inside of which a 70-inch holo-screen played the video shared by the extremist Tamer group from Canada. The Admiral's coffee and breakfast lay on his desk, untouched and cold. Next to them are three stacks of documents that were still waiting to receive his signature of approval and beside them is a box containing several new uniforms that looked like it was meant for the non-tamer armed forces.

The Admiral turned around and acknowledged Soma's presence before pointing to the chair to have a seat. He then turned off the display and stared hard at the Indian in front of him.

Admiral. "Do you have any idea how pissed off I am?"

Soma. "I guess on a scale of 1 to 10, you are at an 8."

Admiral. "Right, now care to explain how we lost Canada to these extremists that popped out of nowhere?"

Soma. "We had them on our radar for a week now. Our Communications Wing even contacted a few of their leaders directly, but they didn't seem interested in joining the war or serving under the flag of the UGP. We assumed they didn't want to put their lives in danger or work under a foreign power. None of us imagined they are Tamer supremacists who were building their own army to take over Canada."

Admiral. "I see... do you think all those people in that video are Tamers?"

Soma."I think their leader was pretty clear how much they all hate Non-Tamers. I doubt he would have asked them to wear the uniforms to mislead us about their strength."

Admiral. "That is a good point, but I can't get over how they managed to come up with five thousand already."

Soma. "I am sure there must be some appeal to their group other than the fancy uniforms and hatred for Non-Tamers. We just have to find out what that is and destroy it."

Admiral. "You think they might be being brainwashed by a Tamer?"

Soma. "It certainly is a possibility, but it could also be the work of a Chimera with a mind manipulation ability."

Admiral. "I miss the good old days when we called that Social Media. They do possess an intimidating force, but I wonder how many of them have special skills like some of our best."

Soma. "Even after gathering over four hundred tamers in Seward, very few can rival Dale, Zao, and the Benjamin. Even if these Ex-Canadians had them, it would only be a small portion of their army just like ours since those with special skills to fight on the front lines are rare."

Admiral. "We can't prepare for a war just based on assumptions alone. Therefore I want you to personally lead a team to investigate their true strength and report back to me in 48 hours."

Soma. "Admiral, I don't mind leading a team, but this kind of mission needs veteran front-line Tamers who are good at stealth and reconnaissance."

Admiral. "I am sure you have already had some people in mind."

Soma. "Of course, I want to bring in Major General Travis Fjord again on this mission. He is the best recon specialist we have and shouldn't be wasted on more recruitment videos."

Admiral. "Don't mock those vids. These stacks of paper on my table are all the Tamers who were convinced to sign up, there are about five hundred of them so far, and the pile keeps rising every hour. But I agree that Travis has to be on this mission, but we will give him bodyguards."

Soma. "I think Angel and Braian will work well with him. Not to mention since he is a Harpy Eagle, Angel can link him to her network."

Admiral. "You might want to share her past with him to avoid any misunderstandings."

Soma. "Ah... noted! Have you heard about the commotion Lang Chi caused in the forest near the Tamer Arena?"

Admiral. "Who hasn't? Why bring him up?"

Soma. "Let me show you a few clips from his battle."

Soma mirrored his phone's screen onto the huge holo-screen. Soon Lang Chi's battle against Viren and the other three wolf tamers, which Sevire recorded. Soma paused the video to let the Admiral study each of their skill sheets before the

Admiral asked Soma to resume the video. Finally, after thirty minutes, the video ended with Lang Chi being declared the Alpha of all the Wolf Tamers.

Admiral. "You want all of them on the mission as well?"

Soma. "A wolf who can turn into a ghost and another who can literally melt into shadows are a must-have for RECON. The twins who mastered the art of poison and ice are perfect for crowd control. Finally, a wolf who can turn the forest into an army of beasts will be invaluable in the dense forests of Canada."

Admiral. "Their skills do seem ideal for it... Fine! Send them out with the flyers when it gets dark."

Soma. "Got it! But there is another matter that I wanted to bring to your attention. It's about the church of Asher and the new Divine Tamer Order."

Admiral. "You wonder why I haven't done anything to stop him from creating it?"

Soma. "I suspect it has to do with Sergei?"

The Admiral winked before continuing. It was probably wise for him to not say it out loud.

Admiral. "Asher is making sure the unhappy factions in Seward have led down the path of peaceful coexistence with the UGP albeit aggressively."

Soma. "I see... actually, I brought it up because Asher has made it clear that Tamers should not use their power to subjugate Non-Tamers which directly opposes the views of the extremists."

He paused for the Admiral to connect the dots presented to him.

Admiral. "Are you saying that we encourage a holy war between them?"

Soma. "Even if we don't directly suggest it to Asher, I am sure he will come to the same conclusion once he sees their video."

The Admiral chuckled before he scratched his chin in deep thought.

Admiral. "Hmm... I will have a chat with the lad and give him my blessing to do what he must to protect the innocents of Seward from the followers of Fluffals."

Soma. "We should also address the issue of building some fortifications around Seward and getting the regular forces ready before the extremists launch their attack."

Admiral. "I suggest you let Admiral Selvaria handle that."

Soma. "The Tamer from the Moon? Should you really put your trust in her?"

Admiral. "She is an Admiral, so I suggest you address her with her proper rank regardless of her affiliation to Vector."

Soma. "Alright, I will get the Tamer Support Wings to listen to her regarding the setup for the defenses."

Admiral. "I understand that you don't want to trust people from Vector, but this might be the only way for her to share Vector tech with us."

Soma. "If that is your angle, I will follow those orders without complaint. By the way, I noticed Bison is waiting outside. Do you have a meeting with him now?"

Admiral. "Ah, he wants me to officially approve the creation of a Tamer Police force. He will fill its ranks with the Tamers we brought back from Texas."

Soma. "So they will be focused on hunting rogue Tamers?"

Admiral. "Those who harm Non-Tamers... oh! I see what you are trying to get at."

Soma. "We can have them go after those already within Seward."

Admiral. "Are you saying that we have already been infiltrated?"

Soma. "If they were capable of overthrowing the Canadian government, then I am sure that they have already sent some spies. In fact, the recent uptick in tamers who hate our guts could be attributed to their influence."

Admiral. "We need to hunt them down before they leak any intel and sabotage us."

Soma. "Hold on! I have a suggestion. If the spies had been here for a while, they wouldn't suspect Bison and his people are hunting them since they only arrived here last night. So let's fill in Bison on the mission and see if he is willing to go undercover for us. If he manages to get the spies to reveal their plans, then we can launch a crackdown operation on all their members without having to hunt them down one by one."

9