Chapter Thirteen
349 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jae Hyun hit Wu Yong on his head making the women gasp. He smiled at Chushan mischievously and bowed.

Chushan couldn't do anything since Jae Hyun was just being protective of her. She waved her servants over and told them to get Wu Yong back to Dong Woo before he came looking for the prince causing troubles for them.

Her two new servants, Minghao and Bai An along with Yu Na looked for Dong Woo in the streets. The minute Yu Na spotted him, she told Bai An and Minghao. 

She disappeared waiting for them back at the tea house. They called Dong Woo over and he was apprehensive since he didn't know them nor how they knew the Crown Prince but when he saw Wu Yong laying on the bed in an inn he felt his heart tighten because he didn't know what happened to his best friend.

He thanked the two of them and tried offering them money for taking care of Wu Yong but they refused. They left returning to the tea house after taking many detours in case they were being followed.

Dong Woo carried Wu Yong back to the inn where their horses were and put him on his horse and travelled back to the imperial palace since going back to the Wang residence was not a good choice right now.

After a few hours, Wu Yong woke up with a throbbing headache and very confused. He looked at Dong Woo who looked at him disapprovingly. After recalling the events that took place, his eyes widened thinking back to seeing Chushan but now that he was with Dong Woo, he wasn't sure.

"How'd you find me?" he asked. Dong Woo told him and this lead him to being even more confused than he already was. It took them a day to return to the imperial palace while everyone was still at the Wang residence.

He sat behind his desk balling his eyes out at the loss of his unborn child and Chushan… he realized only now that she truly meant something to him as the past thoughts flashed through his mind. He treated her badly and there was no way he could now make up for all of his wrong doings.

*--*-*-*-*-*-*

Two months later…

Chushan was bored of sitting in her room above the tea house which was blooming with business. She left the store with Ji Min in charge while Yu Na, Hye Jeong, Bai An and Minghao helped her customers.

Her store was really doing well for itself and she wanted to expand to the other kingdoms but thought against her idea because if there was only this one store, then all the high end customers would come from far away to seek her treats and tea.

She hired a musician, dancers both male and female and singers to perform for the guests since the place was big and could accommodate it all and they played all the music she composed to it was unique in its own way.

She walked down the streets of Guguryeo with a four month belly that complimented her. She didn't hide her face because no one knew who she was nor where she came from. This wasn't her first time walking about but it was her first time without her vail.

Jae Hyun trailed her from a well off distance where he could keep an eye out for her and keep her safe. She finally felt free and decided that this was something she would do often when she could.

As she was minding her business and looking at the accessories at a stall; she her a child's cry. She looked around and spotted the boy between the crowds of commoners. She walked up to the boy and knelt down in front of him. She pulled him in to a hug and patted his back.

"It's okay, it's okay, stop crying now," she cooed him.

The boy pulled away his hands from his face and grabbed her tunic. He took a good look at her and saw on her face that she was trustworthy. That and also the round belly between them spoke for her.

"I – I – I c-can't f-find m-my p-papa," he said to her and started wailing again. She rubbed her hand up and down his back to calm him down. She left him to cry his heart out and when he finally calmed down she said, "How about you and I look for you father together? How does that sound?" she asked him and he nodded.

She took his hand in hers and walked about asking the child to look out for his father while she asked the people passing by her if they knew who he was. 

"I'm Chushan but you can call me aunty," she said to him. He smiled up at her saying, "I'm Qinghe aunty."

"Oh what a beautiful name for such a handsome boy, how old are you Qinghe?" she asked him while rubbing her belly as she looked around.

"I'm five turning six soon," he stated proudly making her laugh.

Chushan found herself conversing with Qinghe an enjoyed it so much. He made her look forward to having her own child which she could converse with. Right now, she hoped that his father didn't show up so that she could take him home with her and keep him so that her unborn child has an older sibling to rely on.

"QINGHE!!!" someone yelled from behind them. They both turned around to find a man running towards them with a relieved expression on his face. He stopped in front of them and knelt down, pulling his son into his arms and hugging him.

Qinghe giggle and pulled his father's hair as he was picked up. He kissed his son many times with a smile on his face. Chushan looked on at the father and son feeling a squeeze at her heart knowing that her decisions that brought her here made her child lose their father.

But then again, the royals and nobles weren't so overly affectionate with their children but just the thought of her son being called a bastard and not having a father was truly heart breaking.

Pushing the negative thoughts away she cleared her throat and folded her arms across her chest. "tsk tsk tsk. I can't believe that a man who cherishes his son to the point of kissing him to death would lose him so easily."

The man's head snapped her way with a frown but it smoothed out when he saw how beautiful she was but he sighed inwardly when he noticed the bump she was carrying.

He looked at his son and smiled, "I don't know how it happened, one minute he was there and the next he wasn't."

Turning to Chushan he smiled gratefully at her, "Thank you for taking care of him in my absence."

She waved him off and came closer. The man's eyes widened when he saw Qinghe climb over to her when she held her hands out and picked him out of his arms and hugged him, "It wasn't a hassle at all, I actually enjoyed his company to the point of wishing you'd never come looking for him, I wanted to keep so that I could have someone protecting me and the little one growing inside me."

She spun slowly in a circle and planted kisses on Qinghe's cheek. Qinghe's father stared at the two feeling his heart tighten. Qinghe didn't know what it felt like to have a mother and seeing him so happy with Chushan made idea's pop into his head as he saw the future ahead of them but Chushan had a child growing inside her which meant that she had a husband waiting for her at home.

He forced a smile as he pushed the heart breaking thoughts away and introduced himself, "I'm Rong Yifan, it's a pleasure to meet you benefactor." He said humbly.

Chushan paused her actions when she saw him bow slightly and immediately asked him to not bow to her, "It's nice to meet you Yifan, I'm Wang Chushan."

He raised a brow at her because her name, he'd heard it somewhere before but couldn't place his mind on where. "Can I repay you with a meal?" he asked her. Her eyes sparkled since she was craving chicken and nodded. She put Qinghe down in between them and started walking.

Qinghe held onto both of their hands and swung about. From afar Jae Hyun smiled while shaking his head. He saw the conflicting emotions on both Chushan and Yifan's face meaning that they both had the same thoughts and from where he was standing, the four of them looked like a family.

2