Chapter Sixteen
305 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their wedding was set. With a beautiful wedding was held in A Thousand Lanterns; the citizens weren't too happy that the tea house was closed for the day but they were curious as to who was getting married.

People gathered around to await the arrival of the bride but no one came; the red lanterns aligned the place weren't up for no reason. Inside the tea house, the groom watched his pregnant bride walked up to him. He had the most ridiculous smile on his face betraying the seriousness of today's event.

To the side, his adorable son Qinghe had an equally ridiculous smile on his face with a jump in his step. Poor Qinghe was being held down by Jae Hyun who was annoyed that he was babysitting whereas he could be at the brothel watching the girls dance, imagining himself dancing for Dong Wook.

The ceremony went by smoothly, Chushan met Yifan's closest friends and his parents. She was surprised when Yifan introduced her to his late wife's sister and parents.

They were sad but somewhat happy seeing that Qinghe was going to have a mother, other than his aunt who was to be married soon and his two grandmothers. They were more than happy to ease their cautiousness towards Chushan when they saw how Qinghe was the centre of attention and Chushan's tender care for him.

What made them all curious was how Yifan and Chushan got together and the mere fact that Chushan was already pregnant.

Things settled down towards the end of the day as the wedding guests left. The workers cleared up while the newlyweds took their yawning so up to his room and put him to bed.

"I don't want to sleep," Qinghe protested.

Chuckling, Yifan took off his wedding robe and lied beside his son and yawned as well.

Chushan rolled her eyes at her husband's actions. She climbed on the bed too. Resting her back against Yifan's chest after he sat up and motioned for her to sit between his legs.

She stroked Qinghe's long hair and sang, "A child begins with one single step and walks a million miles.

And though these wings are not ready yet, I will try to fly.

My eyes can't see, my arms can't reach, I need strength when I'm weak,

I need your faith in me.

Don't walk in front of me, I was not born to follow.

Don't walk behind me, we were all born to lead.

Don't walk without me, I might need you tomorrow.

Walk right beside me, be the real friend I need.

If you take small stones one at a time you will move that whole mountain.

If you climb each rainbow its gold that you'll find and shelter from the rain.

My ears can't hear, my heart can't feel, I need strength when I'm weak,

I need your faith in me.

Don't walk in front of me, I was not born to follow.

Don't walk behind me, we were all born to lead.

Don't walk without me, I might need you tomorrow.

Walk right beside me, be the real friend I need.

Don't walk in front of me, I was not born to follow.

Don't walk behind me, we were all born to lead.

Don't walk without me, I might need you tomorrow.

Walk right beside me, be the real friend I need.

Walk right beside me, be the real friend I need."

She leaned down and kissed her son's forehead, "Sweet dreams my sweetheart," she whispered against his forehead.

Yifan looked at his wife frowning, if he left her to continue, she'd fall asleep beside his son. He forced her to follow him back to their room.

He stripped her naked and took off his clothes and climbed into bed; the bed shook as they moaned in harmony.

Slumping down beside his wife, Yifan wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her in for a hug. Chushan lied with her back against him heaving heavily.

Yifan made her work tonight unlike the night she was taken by Wu Yong. Kissing the back of her head, "You were excellent wife!" he exclaimed satisfied.

"Mmm," she moaned. Yifan chuckled, "I haven't sslept with anyone other than Rucheng," he said sadly.

Chushan's brows knitted. She turned around and looked at her husband, "Rucheng?" she asked.

Yifan raised a brow, "Yes, that's her name or was her name."

Humming she turned around laying her head on his arm, "When Wuqing comes out, we should try for a little Rucheng."

Yifan stared at his wife strangely, "You'd be willing to name our daughter after my late wife?"

"Yes," she nodded. "If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have met you and Qinghhe which I'm thankful for," she added.

Yifan felt his heart tightened and his eyes sting. Blinking back his tears, he hugged her, "What did I do to deserve you?" he asked himself out loud.

"Sleep, you're thinking too much," she hushed him. He felt the need to roll his eyes and closed them, soon falling asleep.

∘━✧━∘
Chushan's stomach grew bigger as the days went by, she wasn't in anyway fit to be working and Yifan wasn't going to let her work in her condition.

"So what do you want me to do?" she glared at her husband.

Yifan sighed exasperated, "I don't want my son getting hurt because you're stubborn. Just stay home and let your ladies take care of things."

"Then what should I do to keep myself busy," she complained while her eyes began to water.

Yifan's heart ached. Ever since he married this woman, he'd suffer due to her manipulation with her puppy dog appearance she was displaying before him right now, "Make clothes and blankets for our son and relax my dear, if you really want to do something, then how about I work in you place and we'll work on it together after the working day," he suggested.

Chushan's eyes sparkled, "Okay but I want you to find dancers and a musician, I want to expand the business."

Yifan frowned, "Okay but why does it seem like I just fell into a trap?"

Chushan clapped her hands excitedly, "Because my handsome husband, I don't see myself watching women dance, but I know it's something you could enjoy a gift from your loving wife."

"More like manipulative, if you ask me," he commented. Chushan smirked, folding her arms, she nodded her head, "How observant of you my dear."

Yifan ran his hands over his face in frustration, "I'd prefer it if you were the one dance and if you danced naked in front of me."

Chushan rubbed her hands over her big stomach. Looking down at it with a smile, "Not with this big stomach of mine but I promise, I will."

Yifan sat down beside his wife and hugged her from behind, "I've been thinking, Wuqing isn't a good name for him after all."

Chushan nodded her head in agreement, "Then what do you have in mind dear?"

"How about Chang Ling. Chang from Changkuai and Ling from Linghun?" he asked her staring down into her beautiful eyes.

She thought for a moment, "Why?" she questioned curiously.

Shrugging, he pulled her closer, he rested his chin on her left shoulder, resting his hands on her stomach and rubbed his hands over her dome, "Since he is technically a prince who will be growing up without his crown. We'll name him thus, I want him to be a good son to both of us and honour us, so when he is old enough, you have to tell him who his father is."

"I will get Jae Hyun tell him," she dismissed.

Yifan sighed heavily, it really was hard being Chushan's husband. This woman was out of hand, unrestraint and there was no way or a way he could think of that could tame her. What the Crown Prince did to her must have messed her up in so many ways.

Chushan scoffed hearing no answer from her husband, humming she sang, "My young love said to me my mother won't mind and my father once liked you for your lack of kind and she step away from me and this she did say, it will not be long love till our wedding day.

She stepped away from me and she moved through the fair

And fondly I watched her move here and move there

And she made her way over with one star awake as the swan in the evening moves over the lake.

Last night she came to me she came softly here

So softly she came that her feet made no deed

And she laid her hand on me and this she did say

It will not be long love till our wedding day."

Song's Celtic Woman - Walk Beside Me & As She Moved Through The Fair

2