Chapter 30: The S stands for sadism apparently
1.9k 12 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey all, I mentioned this in a post on my profile, but wanted to mention it here for those who didnt see it there. I got writers block and was struggling to make this chapter. That struggle lead to me procrastinating. I decided to just put myself on the grind and get at least something down regardless of quality, to try and power through it. Sorry if this chapter feels all over the place.

Making gunpowder was surprisingly easy. Granted, its merely black powder, however we don't know how to make more advanced explosive materials. The explosive material in modern guns is often called smokeless powder to differentiate between the two. According to Sky, black powder is inferior to smokeless powder because it doesn't have as much power, produces lots of smoke, smells bad, and leaves behind some solid material that can cause jams. For now we can only really make muskets and flintlock pistols as if we want to make something that can fire continously without being an absolute disaster, we'll need smokeless powder. Granted smokeless powder also has its downsides, like being way more dangerous to transport because of its explosive strength, but if we want absolute domination on the battlefield we'll need the superior stuff.

We decided to call it quits after making what we had. Unfortunately winter was approaching and we needed to prepare. Underground is consistently cool so heating solutions weren't the problem. The problem is food. We are consuming their stores living her. While I was fine because I was Mi'ara's fiance, Sky and the others needed to earn their keep. That meant going out hunting. Sky decided to bring their new musket to the hunt and is bringing back quite a lot. Livia also has been quite successful because of their aimbot. We tried to give Livia a gun but she declined saying her bow was good enough. I personally think she's over relying on the tracking. Maybe we should try enchanting the musket with bow enchantments at some point.

While the others were hunting, I decided to finally try picking up a martial weapon, specifically the sword. I learned the hard way with that Cornelius fight that I get owned when someone is packing anti-magic metal and decent cqc combat techniques. I figured I'd pick up a weapon other than the spear so that our little party of Me, Mi'ara, Livia, and Sky would have more weapon diversity. Thankfully there was a sword teacher willing to train me.

My new sword coach is named Sha'kala. Apparently the Sha family has always been prominent because of their skill with a sword and Sha'kala is no different. She apparently went out to a human settlement and practiced in some dojo or something. Said dojo gave out ranks and she was classified as S teir, meaning she's the best of the best. 

Training has been going exactly as I expected. It is Spartan. Constant rigorous exercise occurs everyday. At first I was assigned 100 overhead sword swings after 50 laps around the whole village. Of course I cheated and just casted body strengthening to make it super easy. It not like I'm not going to gain muscle with body strengthening, hell my body is pretty fit for an eleven year old just from the journey here. Thus I did it all without complaining, however Sha'kala looked kinda disappointed at the end of the lesson. 

The next day she ended up doubling the required swings and laps. Of course this is still very easy with my body strengthening so I did it without complaint. This trend ended up continuing until I had to start using the dragon magic variant of body strengthening. Each day Sha'kala's mood seemed to get worse. What was originally disappointment soon turned to annoyance, and finally into frustration. By that point she decided to just start doing mock fights with wooden swords. She hadn't even really taught me any techniques, just made me exercise. Of course I won by making the ground swallow her tail, then bonking her on the head with an overhead swing. It was the only thing she's taught after all. 

After that little bit of passive-aggressive back and forth we agreed to stop using magic in future mock battles and that she would actually start showing techniques and forms. Apparently she experiences pleasure from making eager disciples realize how harsh swordsmanship and complain about it. She started to get irritated when I went through it without experiencing any kind of difficulty. I'm still not complaining though because I knew what I was getting myself into.

One day after I finished my training, the village became really noisy. Apparently Sky had came back after slaying a Damascus goat with her bare hands. A Damascus goat is a monster that looks like a Damascus goat from earth, but made out of Damascus steel. They're a real bitch to take down due to a ridiculously high defense and very territorial. While upon first glance they may look to be made completely out of metal, in reality only their skin an wool are. The developers got real creative with this one. Back on topic though, the villagers are hailing Sky as a hero. With the goat gone, not only will we be able to reclaim a big portion of abandoned land, we'll also get lots of meat because the Damascus goat is HUGE. We had a fun party but because I was a little sore from training, I went to bed a bit early.

----------

Before me stands a large being. It has has seven wings and seven eyes, but the head of a lamb. It speaks thusly,

"I am Baxtor, creator of this world and the one who has brought you here. Fear not, I bring no harm, but rather a gift. While I'm unsure of how she got here, Your friend's enginuity has given me inspiration. I see you've taken to Vil'anth's manner of reality manipulation so I shall give you a tool in their style. You'll likely need it."

As the being melts into my body, knowledge rammed into my mind engraving itself into my soul. With the knowledge I've gotten a new spell. [Shoot down the heavens]

----------------------------------------------

A certain Goddess's PoV

In my hand lies two souls of the recently deceased. The first while looking brutish or of poor character, lead many down the right path. Her lessons brought many a good life. My evaluation is quite high. I decided to lead her to the best spot for the afterlife, Heaven. The second soul was that of a teenager. Unfortunately they were unable to live out their life to a point where I could pass judgment. As such, I'll default her into Meh Heaven. As I was about to place the souls on their respective shelves, I accidentally tripped and dropped them into the all consuming void in the corner of my room and of course the Seinfeld theme started playing. Those damned devils snuck in a device that plays that miserable tune every time I blunder. Its been installed for a decade at this point but I don't know how to remove it. Hahhhhh, well I'm not sure where that void leads but its probably fine. Even if its a terrible place, a measly two mortals have fallen in.

Announcement
Damascus goat: https://youtu.be/4wIBZziPfCc

Seinfeld theme: https://youtu.be/_V2sBURgUBI

82