Chapter 38: OH GOD OH FUCK
1.1k 0 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SHIT FUCK DAMMIT DAMMIT 

Alright, alright... I need to to think. Lets review the properties of the sword when it gets a host. First off, the sword will obviously take over the hosts body. This gives the body a slew of benefits ranging from very strong health and mana regen, to improved strength and durability. The sword also allows the host to have great aptitude for all elements of magic. Aptitude towards dragon magic is unkown, but unlikely. 

The second property is that the sword grows. When something is slain by Lavalivarus, the sword will feed off its life essence and become stronger. The longer Lavalivarus is actively hunting, the stronger it'll become. Preparing and acting quickly will be essential because at max strength Lavalivarus and the host by extension will be able easily solo Garn.

Third is the two ways to undo the possession. The first method is to use clear mind, but in this case that won't work considering the host. At the very end of the route, Alford undos the curse, however Sky uses the opportunity that opens up once his guard goes down and kills him. Sky actively wants to commit genocide in the cursed sword route. This method also wouldn't sever the connection between the sword and user, meaning the user would still have all the benefits. The second method of undoing the curse is to cut off the hand the sword is in, thus severing the connection. There is a caveat to this method though, that being the body has to actively be in two or more pieces, this seems pretty inconsequential when you're cutting off the hosts hand, but is surprisingly important. In the boss fight against the chunni mage, he uses a fire spell so strong it immediately vaporized Sky's body and Lavalivarus with it, however because the connection was still there Sky was able to completely regenerate sword and all. This means that I can't nuke the pair from orbit like last time.

There is always the option of dissuading the duo, but more eloquent people have tried and failed. My best option is to fight and sever the connection then finish off Sky. But how am I gonna do that alone? Finding and convincing Mi'ara to help would be difficult, Livia likely died seven years ago due to the goblin's poison, Sky is the person I'm fighting, Vil'anth would still be in slumber, and because Vil'anth is in slumber that means I'd have to kite falongasaurs solo to free Garn. Hell I still haven't confirmed if I can still use dragon magic, even if I do free him. All my allies are unavailable to me. I could maybe try the capture targets but all of them except maybe Bram would ignore a plea from Bernadette. They wouldn't act until there were large amounts of casualties and even then, they would try to spare Sky at the end of the day...

"A...are you feeling alright, Bern? You look quite pale..."

Ah right Cornelius is still here. Actually. . . I could use him. A meat sheild with free substitute effigies would fill in the gap left by Mi'ara's absence and be quite the boon. While I hate them, I Guess I'll have to work with the organization for now.  Enemy of my enemy and all that jazz. Besides Its not like I'll be in this trial forever. Hehehe, that could work. It's all coming together now.

"Cornelius, we need to move. Sky's actions will lead to the complete annihilation of all life on Esu and possibly the world."

"WHAT? How so? Where are you getting this information?"

"In the left region where Sky is staying for vacation, there is a cursed sword. It wants to slay and consume all life so it can grow stronger and Sky fits all the criteria to be its user."

"Even if your information is valid, how does Sky fit these supposed criteria exactly? From reports, she seems rather peaceful. Hardly the type to become the wielder of a sword hell bent on destroying life itself."

"It's all a farce. She's hiding anger under that kind smile. Anger fueled by the death of her parents. Need I remind you that their death is on OUR organization's hands? If we leave her be all our heads will be free from the confines of our shoulders."

"I- ah- how- You know what? Fine. We just need to make sure she doesn't get the sword right? We can just send some agents to hamper her movements and we'll be fine."

"No that won't work, by the time they get there, she'll likely already have it. And they'll quickly be slain."

"Alright then. We'll raise an army and then we'll subjugate her like a strong monster."

"That won't work either. The sword grows stronger with every kill. We'd basically just be preparing a feast for them."

"THEN WHAT DO YOU SUPPOSE WE DO EXACTLY? I- Haaaaa... I'm sorry for yelling at you, Bern. Its just that if we cant stop them before getting the sword and fighting the sword is useless, there seems to be very little we can do."

"Oh we can do something alright. We prepare a small group of elites and cut the bud early before it starts to bloom. I have just the people in mind, prepare a carriage to the left region. There's a certain cave and maybe a village we'll need to check."

"Very well, I'll prepare one right away."

"Oh yeah, one more thing."

[Larceny]

"H-Huh, my helmet!"

Yeah seems like I don't need to worry about dragon magic.

33