Chapter 47: a flower in each arm
781 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Is it just me or is the gap before the ad pops up at the bottom of the page larger than usual last chapter?

Also sorry if there's more typosthis chapter than usual, I got a minor eye infection and my eyes are little irritated. It made it a bit difficult to focus.

"Wait wait wait. When did you get a physical form Vil'anth?"

"A bout a week or so after you passed out. As for the why I know you'll be asking, it was a long term play. Either way I couldn't do much to help you, so I decided to focus my available resources into getting more followers."

"And to do so you finished your vessel you were already working on to get more followers directly, am I right."

"You pick up on things fast, Darling. How do you like the form by the way? I had to change the initial design a bit to save power, including getting rid of most of the pigment."

Her look is definitely different from when I first saw her in progress form. Her bottom half is a snake just like Mi'ara now, however its fluffy. They have white fur and scales to contrast Mi'ara's black. There's also one other key difference. An anomaly really. Something exceptionally rare on Esu. Cat ears. The elusive nekomimi.

THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE BABBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYY! 

"Mi'ara honey, I know this is a strange question, but can you have someone make a maid uniform?"

"Um . . . Alright?"

Mi'ara moves out of the room we're in while giving me a strange look.

"S-sam? You're gaze is kinda scary..."

"Ehem. . . I think I quite like the new look. Just one question though, how did you get the fur and ears? I thought you could only do scales."

"Truth be told, I couldn't make this physical form on my own. That is to say, I got some help from a particularly annoying fellow from my past. He let me borrow some power, and as such some more beast like traits popped up."

"Wait the other gods aren't in slumber or something?"

"They might as well be. All they've been doing is sitting around and mourning. Vergoth got quite the earful from me about that."

"I presume Vergoth is the one who helped you."

"Yep, the lion guy. Used to be a real pain to fight. The creatures he created always seemed to have really think skin and fur, so poison didn't really work on them. Fire did though."

"I thought only you and Baxtor could create though?"

"Yeah but the other gods could create using us via proxy. The creatures made would come out differently depending on who was used. Usually meaning that all the creatures either had wool or scales comined with the god who made them's features."

"So Vergoth's creatures would have fur, consith's would be aquatic, Sadnint would have feath-"

"Actually the only constant Sadnint's creatures had would be their chitin. I'm actually the one responsible for feathers."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but I generally prefer scales. I like the smoothness."

"Huh."

Just then Mi'ara returns with a maid uniform used in the N'esk tribe. Of course Vil'anth has no say in this matter. I'll have my cat girl maid.

 ---------------

After Vil'anth got forced convinced to put on the uniform, we noticed a few items poof out of nowhere. Pretty much all of them were familiar to me. There is a blank book, a bow, and some fur. 

"Hey can I see that book real quick?" 

Vil'anth takes interest in the book while Mi'ara examines the bow.

"There seems to be a soul trapped in here..."

"Hey isn't this Livia's bow? Wait. . . Why doesn't this have any mana on it?"

Next a slip of paper gently floats down, which I catch. It has,

You dropped this

Written on it. Seems like Lasakata decided to give me my stuff I acquired when dealing with Karakata's game. What's this fur though? Vil'anth soon answers that question 

"This fur came from a lesser god! I suppose it was harvested from that usurper."

"Lesser god? Usurper? What are you talking about?" Mi'ara is left confused as it seems Vil'anth didn't fill everyone in.

"The reason Sam was put in a coma. Some god's familiar got greedy for power and started stealing souls. Sam being one."

"I see." I briefly see a look I'm unfamiliar with flash in Mi'ara's eyes.

Vil'anth noticing the look smirks, "Well considering we got this fur, we won't need to be worrying about them in the future."

Mi'ara meets that smile with one of her own, "Good."

"Back on topic, I suggest you give the fur to a tailor and book to me, Darling. The fur will make for quite a powerful artifact when made into decent clothing. This book on the other hand can become a nice mana battery."

"Mana battery?" Mi'ara asks.

"The soul in the book contains quite a bit of mana in it. With the proper runes you can siphon said mana out of it. The book's loss mana will then slowly regenerate. Overuse will destroy the soul though."

I think I know why Karakata wanted that monster gone now... 

----------

Our catching up was eventually interrupted due to the growling of my stomach. I suppose that makes sense considering I've been in a coma for a month. Wait, how the fuck am I alive then? Shouldn't I have starved to death or died to dehydration?

"Hey, ah quick question."

""Yeah?""

"How the fuck am I still alive?"

"What do you mean?" Vil'anth asks

"I haven't eaten anything in like a month. Shouldn't I have starved to death or something?"

Mi'ara answers this question, "No silly, it usually takes two months without food to starve to death."

Vil'anth follows up with, "I actually looked you over because I was worried about the same thing. It seems that the poison Baxtor used diring the war attaches to water and provides an incredible amount of nutritional to humans and the snake tribe."

"But how did I get water then?"

Mi'ara shrugs, "Vil'anth was in charge of that."

I look at Vil'anth and she blushes.

"Well? How did I get my water?"

"M..mouth to mouth of course."

Figures.

After that we made some stake out of the meat put in the dry aging room and enjoyed a lovely dinner. It was probably the best meal I've had since coming here. All in all, I'd consider today a nice reunion.

Announcement
Vil'anth's new look is based off the bunyip from the monster girl encyclopedia by the way, if you want some visual to get an idea of what a fluffy lamia looks like.

23