Chapter 49: Academy bound
587 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I like to think that if you're writing a character who is meant to be OP, that you should give them at least a few chances to stomp. Constant battles with equivalent or stronger foes can make the reader forget the power level of the average Joe IMO and make the protagonist feel more average in strength. Threat and uncertainty is important for tension, but I think its ok to let the heros have an overwhelming victory or two.

I sit up in bed and stretch my arms in the air feeling refreshed. Two naked women are wrapped around me. Yesterday was both my 18th birthday and wedding ceremony. Of course I was marrying both Mi'ara and Vil'anth. 

Marriage with the next head of a powerful family and a being of worship has officially cemented me as the ruler of the N'esk tribe. The majority seemed fine with my rise due to the rapid advancements my arrival has brought. 

Food acquisition and variety has reached an all time high thanks to the seeds brought by Garnitharist and the other flying dragons and the implementation of guns making hunting easier. This coupled with additional housing Sky's parents have been building has resulted in a population boom and according to the yearly survey we implemented, the population will only get higher.

With the budding education system we set up, about 60% of the population can read and write now up from a meager 5%. There are also roughly 30% more mages in the population now. With the help of the new mages and dragons the N'esk tribe's territory has expanded quite a bit. We have truly mastered this mountain. My nickname has changed from the colorful witch, tho the colorful queen.

It seems that me sitting up has woken up Vil'anth because my left breast is being groped. Speaking of my breasts, even if they've grown, they're still pretty small. Apparently Vil'anth believes medium is premium.

"Good morning, want to go for another round?"

"We can't. We gotta get ready to set out. C'mon Mi'ara we gotta get up."

"zzz so rough zzzz- HWUH!"

"C'mon untangle so I can get dressed please."

"Y-yes! Sorry about that..."

Mi'ara quickly seperates, but Vil'anth on the other hand

"Hmmm, I don't think I will"

"If you want to play that way, then fine."

I roll out of the bed and cast a wind spell so I land on my feet. Using my greatly improved strength I pull up Vil'anth's tail so its at about my waist.

"If you don't want me to get dressed we'll just have to go out naked!"

"W-wait WAIT! I'll unwrap so please don't bring the both of us out without clothes!"

With that we got dressed and finished up packing.

--------

My wives and me meet up with the rest of the convoy at the gate. There Sky is saying goodbye to their parents. 

I appointed Sky as the general to our military. Her triumphs during hunts has earned their men's respect. Of course these days Sky rarely goes on hunts. She spends most of her time teaching new recruits hand to hand combat and proper firearm use. In her off time, she managed to recreate her motorcycle. She even has a leather jacket and aviator sunglasses to go with it.

Mi'ara's grandfather walks up to us after seeing we've arrived.

"I'm still shocked that you're leaving so soon after getting married. Are you sure you want to go already?"

"Well we've gotten to a point where if we want to expand our territory farther we'll need to reopen relations with the rest of Esu. With how rapidly the population is growing we'll run out of space in a decade or two."

"This trip is important, yes, but does it need to be on the day after your wedding?"

"Grandpa, it's fine. In human culture they have a tradition called a waxmoon where the couple travel together after marriage. Just consider this trip our waxmoon.

"Uh I don't think that's the right-"

"Well I can't go about denying Sam's culture... just be safe out there."

Mi'ara smiles and responds, 

"Don't worry grandpa, we will."

After saying all our goodbyes we set out.

-----

Along the way to the capital we noticed a distinct lack of monsters. At first we assumed it was just Big G's presence doing its thing, but then we noticed the wild monsters' behavior from afar. They're grouping up and watching us

Then it clicked for me, this is something that happens chronologically right before the game starts and acts as a roadblock in front of the late game north region. A large monster swarm gathered using the special power of the organization member Cecile. When you finally put him down around mid game the swarm starts to disapate and you can enter the north region.

 My optimism regarding this trip is going down. The organization might not be fully crushed yet. Perhaps this is some desperate measure to fight back? The mob seems like its quite bigger than the estimations in game. Well I suppose I'll lend Alford a hand and foil the organization's plans. Of course he'll owe me one for this.

I look at Sky. She nods her head and smiles back. Raising her newly made sawed-off shot gun into the air she shouts,

"AT ARMS MEN! WE'LL ROUTE THE ENEMY!"

With that shout, like a flip has been switched, the monsters become hostile and start charging us. Considering the monsters are coming to us we decided to hold our ground. Most of us dismount from our land dragon steeds and get into position 

"FRONTLINE TAKE A KNEE!"

Hold it

"TAKE AIM!"

Almost

"FIRE AT WILL!"

BANG BANG BANG

Our weapons roar. The many fangs of the hunks sink into the monster's tender meat. Apex predator after apex predator reduced to a hole filled lump of flesh. The hunks' hunger is deep, but the hoard's population is deeper. Life after life is devoured, but another comes to fill the gap and more ground is covered.  Soon close combat is initiated. Sword and revolver in hand I jump into the fray.

I sidestep a beast with a body of a panther but a head of a goat and rake Lavalivarus through its side, crushing its ribs in the process. A now familiar intoxicating feeling of power flows into me as the monster dies. I dont have much time to revel in the feeling as another creature attempts to launch a glob of toxic fluid at me from the air. A single shot from my revolver ends the attempt.

[Oi, new master, the left flank looks like it has a lot of pressure on it!]

"Yeah yeah I'm on it"

[Become tempest]

I turn my self into lightning and chain unto the soldiers stray bullets.

[Steal]

Returning to normal above the  biggest monster I use magic to grab the weapons I couldn't carry with me. As I land I angle Lavalivarus and decapitate whale with lion paws to the cheers of the snakefolk I just helped.

Overhead Garnitharist flys by. Six of his heads sing an aria in unison, while the seventh releases a blue beam that burns anything in its wake.

[You got this side Big G?]

[Of course. Please return to my master's side.]

Well Garn says that but I think Vil'anth and Mi'ara are doing fine. Vil'anth casually teleports from monster to monster. With a simple touch the beasts collapse like they've had their strings cut. Occasionally you'll see a monster just poof out of existence or absorb right into Vil'anth. Mi'ara is just doing their thing with the lava which means the monsters can't even get close without being horribly burned.

Let's see about Livia... well looks like they don't need much help either. Their movements are elegant as they narrowly dance around sharp claws and fangs firing arrows in retaliation. Of course they always hit their mark.

That just leaves Sky who seems to have the most monsters on them, or more like Sky's on the monsters. She rushes up on them on her bike and force feeds the monsters shotgun shells. If they're lucky they only get their face punched in or ran over.

[Man at this rate it looks like everyone else is going to steal all the kills.]

[We can't have that now can we?]

I should hop right back in the middle of the hoard. I have the most to gain from getting kills after all.

------

"I found the last one! I kept it alive just like you asked."

Livia brings the last monster left. Its a horned rabbit, a monster not native to Esu. I grab it by the throat, look it in the eyes and smile.

"You know? I think I'd quite like to put up a cat boy's head up on my mantelpiece. Know where I can find one?"

The creature trembles in my hand.

"Consider this an act of war, Cecile. I'm coming after each and every one of you organization fucks until I can live on Esu in peace. Enjoy the time you have now, it's limited."

With that I crush it's throat killing it instantly. 

24