Chapter 3- FARANDIER
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Phantoms and Otherworldly Beings

Chapter 3

FARANDIER

After some discussion, the two girls agreed to hold the feast in one week. That week, whenever they weren’t training their Higher Space Manipulation, was spent planning out which ingredients they will use and what kinds of food they will cook for their Teacher. As the day passed, though, they had to dial it down due to their relative lack of experience in cooking. In the end, they decided to buy most of the food at Farandier City instead, with the homemade cooking being reduced to simple meals like omelets.

Then, on the day of the feast, they went to Farandier City to buy the various cuisines that can be found there.

“Just thinking about all that food makes my stomach churn in delight,” Henrietta cheered as she and Ishva walked along a clear path in the Frontier Woods, “Nothing better happen on the way and back.”

“Indeed. I will personally punt away anyone who dares get in the way of our dinner,” Ishva agreed.

As they made their way through the forest, they saw a cloaked figure approach from the other side of the path.

When the girls and the cloaked figure crossed paths, they glanced at each other’s faces. And it was then that the cloaked man can be seen glaring at Ishva with a look of barely concealed disdain. One could also swear that they heard him grumble out a word that should not be said. Naturally, this rubbed Ishva the wrong way.

“...What’s his problem?” Ishva started after the cloaked figure is far away enough. “It feels as though he has a bone to pick with me.”

“Forget him, we probably won’t see that shitter again...hopefully,” Henrietta assured her partner, “Let’s pick up the pace; nothing brightens up the mood like some good food.”

Let’s put that behind and move on to the city.

The city of Farandier is well known for the various cultures that gathered after the fall of the old country, Collisia. Eager to make the most of the freedom that emerged after the five Prophets razed the old country to the ground, the various cultures mingled and unified, creating the diverse and thriving community that serves as the pride of the new country, Monterra.

In order to cheer Ishva up, the two girls decided to have lunch at a Jangalan restaurant.

“Ah...nothing like a bit of soup to warm you up,” Ishva commented after taking a sip, “How is it, Henrietta? Personally, I’m quite proud of the cuisine from my country.”

“It’s quite strong in flavor,” Henrietta replied, “Not that it’s bad. I like it, in fact! I wouldn’t mind having more of this.”

The two smiled at each other, and continued savoring the food from Ishva’s home country.

During their meal, they would pay attention to the TV, which is currently displaying news of a murder.

“Last night, Mr. Joshua Abara was attacked by three unidentified figures, and passed away from blood loss before he arrived at the hospital,” the reporter started, “According to eyewitnesses, the three attackers kept shouting slurs at him as they stabbed him in various spots. The attackers are said to be wearing white cloaks, supposedly to conceal their identity...”

“Those white robes seem...familiar...” Ishva commented, recalling the cloaked man they passed by earlier.

“They better not target you next,” Henrietta said, “because we’ll be the one picking bones in such a case.”

“That’s right...Anyway, I think we should order the food now,” Ishva decided, “I’ve had enough news for the day.”

After ordering takeouts at this Jangalan restaurant, the two girls then went to a Monterran store to buy some delicacies. Then, they went to the supermarket to procure some eggs and groceries before departing from Farandier.

On the way back, Henrietta laid a comforting hand over Ishva’s shoulder. On the way, a bunch of small fries approached, but Ishva personally punted them away.

And then, it’s dinner time!

<Wow!> Helen exclaimed in wonder as she gazed upon the feast before her. <What’s the special occasion?>

“Well, it’s been a whole year an all...” Henrietta started.

“And we, uh, we wanted to, well, throw you a feast, since you’ve been an amazing teacher,” Ishva finished.

And then, the two apprentices bowed their heads towards their teacher and said “Thank you for the training!”

<Aww, you girls...> Helen was absolutely moved by the act of gratitude. <I’m so lucky to have you as students>

“Anyway, why don’t you enjoy the meal before it gets cold?” Henrietta suggested. “We’ve got some Jangalan cuisine from Ishva, some Monterran delicacies from your truly, and some simple home-cooked meals!”

<Alright then! Here I go>

Helen picked up a piece of samosa, and gave it a taste. <Mmm! So tasty!>

Another bite, this time from a savory beef pie, <Ahh, so good...Anyway, since you girls seem like you want in on the meal this whole time, why don’t you have some too? Let’s enjoy this feast together>

“Yes! Woo!” the two girls cheered, and gleefully helped themselves to the feast.

<You were intending to join in from the very start, huh...>

And so the teacher and her two apprentices had a wonderful feast.

Later that night, Henrietta was in her bedroom, getting ready to sleep, when Ishva knocked the door and came in.

“...Do you mind if we share a bed tonight?” that was her request.

“You really are worried...here, get on,” Henrietta allowed the Jangalan girl to sleep with her. Ishva nervously obliged, and climbed onto the bed, under the bedsheet with Henrietta.

“Sorry about this. I know I’m way stronger than them, but...”

“It’s okay. It’s good to be worried,” Henrietta reassured her as she cuddled up with Ishva, “Something tells me...that we’re gonna see that shitter again. And he’ll probably be doing more than just glare at you.”

“Can I rely on you to watch my back?”

“No problem. We stick together in times like this.”

And so the two girls slowly fell asleep next to each other.

0