Chapter 6- MESSENGER
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Phantoms and Otherworldly Beings

Chapter 6

MESSENGER

<HUMAN. AN OFFERING OF SACRIFICES, TO THE GREAT PROGENITOR, MOTHER OF CHAOS>

That was what the Bringer of Madness, the Causer of Chaos, the Sower of Discord (and many other titles that they went with) began their communications with, a basket of common fruits in their hand.

“Your request has been received,” the brown haired clerk at the counter responded, “Will you be using the Manual or the High Speed delivery method this time?”

<HIGH SPEED. SEND WITH HASTE>

“Very well, that will be...”

After the equivalent exchange was performed, the Bringer of Madness, the Causer of Chaos, the Sower of Discord (and many other titles that they went with) was as though they were never there.

<I am back> Rodney announced as he emerged back into the post office <I assume the Bringer of Madness, the Causer of Chaos, the Sower of Discord, and many other titles has made their monthly delivery request?>

“Yes, Rodney,” the clerk said, as though she did not just come face-to-face with an indescribable horror that was horrifying enough to be called the Bringer of Madness, the Causer of Chaos, the Sower of Discord and many other titles, “We’ll be counting on you for the High Speed delivery, as usual. Oh, and hold down the fort while I call over the next clerk.”

<Of course, leave it to me.>

After handing the basket of very common fruits to Rodney, the brown-haired clerk promptly retreated to the designated room for anyone who just came face-to-face with an indescribable horror like that which was horrifying enough to be called the Bringer of Madness, the Causer of Chaos, the Sower of Discord, and many other titles.

“Oho! So this is where Mr. Rodney works.” Henrietta and her partner Ishva walked in.

<Hello, Henrrietta and Ishva> Rodney said, <I assume Helen has something to deliver again?>

“Nah, we just came to check things out. Didn’t realize you really were working at a post office!”

<It is more common than one would think> Rodney explained <There are a handful of us who are interested in mimicking human life>

“So there are more of you out there,” Ishva assumed, “Uh, what’s with that basket of very, very common fruits?”

<This basket of very, very, very common fruits is a delivery package> Rodney then casually placed the basket in front of the Great Progenitor, Mother of Chaos who Births the Bringer of Madness, the Causer of Chaos, the Sower of Discord, and many other titles <...and it has just been delivered!>

“Fast!” the girls exclaimed, “As expected of an expert on Higher Space!”

<Thank you> Rodney said <As you have seen, we at Anywhere Express can handle all your message and delivery needs with very little downtime. Feel free to come by when you need our services!>

Henrietta and Ishva both clapped at the impressively professional self-promotion.

“Well then, we’ll be off now, see ya!”

<...So they really did come here for no discernible reason> the cyclops commented as the two proteges of Helen left just as spontaneously as they came <Helen’s whimsy is rubbing off on them...>

He then shrugged it off and went to attend the next person to walk in.

<Hmm?> He recognized the person in front of him <If it isn’t the head security guard of the Library. Did something happen?>

“I’m afraid so,” Haven Guitarou, the head guard of Farandier’s library, said, “The book of Kyrsus has been stolen.”

<Oh dear.>

The book of Kyrsus, also known by its title ‘Calling Out the Devil’, is a forbidden tome hidden deep inside the Farandier library due to its contents detailing how to summon the demonic being that had devoured entire cities in the olden times. Anyone who would dare get their hands on the book probably doesn’t have the most benevolent intentions in mind, so any case of thievery is a cause for alarm.

<I assume you want me to take it back?>

“Naturally,” Haven requested, “And, if possible, catch some, if not all, of them for us.”

<No problem. Here I go>

Rodney then spent ten seconds spreading his Higher Space throughout Farandier and the surrounding ecosystem. Upon detecting the book, he placed an arm towards the book, intending to yank it out of the thieves’ lair…

<Uh oh> He said when he was suddenly met with resistance <It seems our little...cultists have teamed up with a troublesome monster>

“Well, shit.” Not only are they dealing with a cult, but a monster is in cahoots with them? This case just got a lot more dangerous...mostly because of the monster. That is always bad news. “Can you take that guy out from here?”

<Sorry, but they’re really focused right now. And they’ve become aware of my presence,> Rodney said <I’ll have to wait for them to let their guard down before I can go in for the kill>

“I see...Well, I’d like you to keep n eye on them. I’ll increase the security around the warehouse, since that’s most likely where the cultists will invade next.”

<Good choice> Rodney said, while Haven left the post office <Troublesome times ahead, huh...>

Later at night, while everyone was sleeping…

It had been the usual day for Helen and her apprentices. They had a nice dinner, then Henrietta and Ishva went back to their quarters to sleep. Helen, on the other hand, was wide awake as she watched the night sky. The reason she was still awake was because of the presence that appeared up there.

<Something interesting is gonna happen soon...> She mused as she gazed at the night sky <I hope the damages won’t be too severe>

Her sights were locked on to a twinkling star.

0