Chapter 027 General Ross
2.7k 3 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 027

In a military helicopter, General Ross was furiously trying to talk to one of his soldiers down on the street. He had just gotten a confusing piece of information which was making him anxious as he felt like another threat was upon them.

“What do you mean, young man? How can the Hulk be down there? Have you lost your mind?”

He shouted as he looked at the man beside him.

With black hair and an average looking face, the man looked insignificant but his identity was of Dr. Robert Bruce Banner, one of the leading scientists in America, especially on the subject of Gamma radiation but the monster inside of him was something that General Ross feared.

Due to an experiment gone wrong, Bruce had turned into a ferocious, primitive creature that had been on the run for several months. They had finally managed to capture it in the end and he was gonna spend the rest of his life being experimented on.

When General Ross had finally taken a sigh of relief, his soldiers had reported that the Hulk had attacked them

“Soldier, the Hulk can’t be there! What are you talking about?” General Ross asked.

“There’s a monster that attacked us, Sir. Two of our soldiers lost their lives and currently, he’s moving through the streets, destroying everything in his path!” A voice that was relatively young and filled with panic came out.

“What’s going on?” Bruce stood up from his seat and asked, having heard the entire conversation.

“Nothing.” General Ross grunted and ignored him. “Tell me your coordinates and turn on your body cams. Let me see what’s going on there, damnit!”

“121st street. Heading North to Brodway!”

“Turn around.”

The soldier told his coordinates and the pilot turned the helicopter towards them on General Ross's orders. Then, the old general, the other soldiers and Betty Ross – Bruce's lover and General Ross's daughter looked at the screen where the footage from the soldier's body cam was displayed.

On the screen, a screen straight out of hell was playing out.

A green, ugly monster was throwing cars around and destroying everything in his way. Betty's eyes filled with despair as she saw the monster kill innocent people and laugh as the monster threw the dead bodies around.

Then, he picked up a burning car and threw it on top of a group of running people, killing all of them in the process.

The police tried to fire at him but the bullets seemed to bounce back after hitting the monster's body. It was like a simple bullet can not even scratch him.

The monster killed most of the policemen by taking a big slab of concrete and throwing it on them. General Ross's men saw it and realised that bullets won’t do anything on him.

So, they took out the rocket launcher, prepared it and aimed at the monster. The rocket striked, but it merely caused a small explosion which didn’t seem to even hurt him. 

But the rocket did shift the monster’s attention to General Ross’s men. He grinned at them and began to sprint towards them, destroying the road and pushing out the people in front of him.

The army men saw him coming their way and tried to run away but it turned out to be nothing but a mere fantasy. The monster picked up a taxi and slammed it down on the men, killing both the taxi driver and General Ross’s men.

The last thing that they heard before the screen blanked out was, “Bring me a worthy opponent!”

“What… What is that thing?” Betty put a hand on her face as she looked at her father. “Do you know who he is?”

“Is he one of your men?” Bruce also pitched in, still horrified by what he had just seen. “Do you know what you have done?! One monster is enough for this world. Why are you creating more of them?”

“Emil Blonsky. One of my best soldiers.”

“And now, a monster destroying Harlem.” 

General Ross didn’t say anything in argument as he simply looked away from Bruce and his daughter and gave out an order.

“Tell all the units to move to Harlem. We need to destroy him or he will burn down the whole city.”

Before the soldiers could even act on their orders, Bruce stopped them and said, “Stop! More soldiers won’t work. He’s burning the whole city and your soldiers will just become ash alongside the city.”

“Then, what should I do? Run away?” General Ross grunted back.

“No, let me, let me handle this.” Bruce said, getting a worried reaction from Betty.

“Bruce, what are you saying? You don’t mean–“

“I mean that. No one other than what’s inside of me can fight off that… Abomination.”

“But you don’t even know if that… thing inside of you will help you. You said you… cured it. You are just gonna die… like this.” She said, her voice cracking.

“I won’t. The Hulk won't let me die.”

He looked at her and squeezed her hands, reassuring her. They both kissed. Then, he raised his head at General Ross who looked unsure of his idea.

“Are you sure you can do this? You can’t even control that thing. I certainly don’t want two monsters destroying the city. You have already killed a lot of people in that form!”

“No, trust me. It will work. I can’t control it but I can aim it. Aim it at that monster. Please trust me.”

General Ross took a second before looking at the pilot. He wasn’t sure of Bruce’s idea but if it worked, it was way better than what they have.

They were running out of time and it seemed like the best idea.

“Open the back door!”

The back door opened as Bruce walked towards it. Facing Betty, he nodded his head at her and opened his mouth.

“I will be back.”

“Just be okay.”

Then, he jumped out of the helicopter.

90