Chapter 032 Modifications
2.5k 7 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 032

"Finally here."

Alex entered his room through his window and sighed. He glanced at the clock and it was already 3 AM in the morning. The duel of Harlem was over and he can finally get some rest now.

By the time he had managed to subdue Abomination to the ground, Shield and the rest of the military had finally arrived. As always, they came when everything was already over.

Their whole focus was on Hulk and Abomination so he had sneaked out, too tired to deal with Shield or the military.

'I just want to sleep now.'

He laid down on his bed thinking that.

A lot of notifications about how much HP he had received and his skills levelling up appeared in his view, but he shrugged them off, deciding to look at them tomorrow.

He closed his eyes, wanting to give them a rest.

But soon, weird theories related to the fight started going around in his head. Why was Abomination so much stronger? Why didn't it go like the Hulk events? Was he the variant causing a change of events?

These types of questions roamed his head as he struggled to sleep.

One of his useful hidden abilities was his information about characters and future events and he felt like he was losing this knowledge too soon.

Although he thought and thought, there was no clear answer to all of this. His brain just wasn't working due to being too tired and stressed.

His injuries were hurting but he didn't want to move to heal them.

That was the level of exhaustion he was feeling.

Finally, after a while, his eyes closed.

In between a lot of thoughts and exhaustion, he drifted into dreams.

* * *

[Your wolf's proficiency has increased.]

[Your wolf's proficiency has increased.]

[Your wolf has levelled up.]

[Bullet time proficiency has increased.]

[Bullet time proficiency has increased.]

[Bullet time has levelled up.]

"Ah, now I'm even waking up to my system notifications…"

Alex rubbed his eyes as he pulled his body out of the blankets. While doing so, he felt pain and remembered the events that had happened last night.

Walking up to the mirror, he took out his shirt and saw marks all over his body. There were red marks everywhere and Alex winced in pain when he touched one of them.

"I don't think the lowest level healing ointment can heal it."

He muttered as he frowned.

He mostly used low level healing ointment from the hero shop to heal himself but with injuries like this, he needed to buy higher level ones. And those were too pricey.

Alex had already used a lot of HP last night, so he was unsure whether he would be able to buy a higher level healing potion or ointment.

Honestly, his best chance here was to just hope for a miracle.

'I hope I got a lot of HP.'

He wore his shirt again, in case his mom walked in and sat down on the bed before finally checking through all his system notifications.

With just a thought, all the unchecked system notifications came into his view.

There were those that he had already glanced at once before like the notifications that he had woken up to. His wolf aka his soul companion was level 5 now and his bullet time has increased his level to 4.

This was welcome news for Alex as it just showed that he was slowly improving.

He hadn't thought that he would level up so soon but thanks to Abomination, he was able to power level.

The other notifications were also simple enough so Alex just went past them without giving a second thought. He was looking for the notifications about his HP.

'I hope I at least got over 1000.'

As Duel of Harlem was one of the major early MCU events, Alex has high expectations of it. He had depleted over 500 HP last night in just stick bombs, so he was running low on it.

He needed a lot of it to heal himself, so he was fairly hopeful and after going through a lot of notifications, he finally found the one he was looking for.

[You have received 1578 HP due to your heroic efforts.]

"It's enough to heal myself."

Alex rejoiced as he saw the amount of HP he had received. But soon, he thought of the advancement serum that he desperately needed and his shoulders sunk down.

He would be able to heal himself but he was back to square one in his journey to buy the advancement serum.

As he was thinking that, suddenly, there was a streak of system notification.

Alex raised his head to look at it and was stunned to read what was written there.

[A major checkpoint has been cleared.]

[The total amount of HP earned through the heroic deeds has exceeded a certain point.]

[Appropriate rewards have been generated.]

[The hero shop has gone through a modification. The hero system has gone through a slight modification. All injuries are healed.]

[The user has been granted bonus stat points.]

Alex stood shell shocked as a white light shone down on him. It gave him a warm, fuzzy feeling and in an instant, all his injuries were gone like they never existed.

He quickly opened up his status screen and checked.

___

Alex Krown 

Current HP (Hero points): 1815

[Stats]

Strength: 12. 646 (+10)

Vitality: 14. 235 (+10)

Speed: 15. 789 (+10)

Stamina: 13. 134 (+10)

Perception: 16. 457 (+10)

Intelligence: 12. 577 (+10)

___

There was an additional +5 bonus points, which meant Alex was now even more stronger than two adults combined.

It was a nice bonus but the thing he was more interested in was the changes in the Hero shop. After all, the shop was one that had helped him in defeating Abomination.

He opened it, wondering what sorts of changes would have happened and hoping they would be something that would be useful to him.

"I can't believe it!"

He muttered in excitement as he saw the item displayed on the first page of the hero shop.

82