Chapter 039 End of the Russians (Part 3)
2.1k 2 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 039

Matt and Alex walked through the stairs, trying to watch out for any members of the Russian gang coming down.

The place was eerily quiet and what was more eerie to Alex was Matt. Although he knew that Matt was skilled, it was a completely different experience seeing it up close. Not only was he a skilled fighter, he acted like a professional assassin with his steps not making even a single sound.

To follow him, Alex also wrapped a layer of his shadow wolf on his body. It didn't make him disappear from his surroundings but it did help him not make any sound while walking.

Surprisingly, Matt noticed it when he did that, giving him a look but not saying anything.

The building was not old but it definitely has an abandoned feel to it. From what Alex can gather from the internet, it used to be the office of a mid-sized corporation before it got involved in a few scandals.

It had been a few years since then and the Russian gang was now using it as their hideout.

Well, a temporary hideout.

"They have people in all the six floors and all of them are armed. It seems like they were expecting our arrival, so they are prepared." Matt muttered without looking back at Alex.

"Or they were expecting Kingpin to attack them." Alex replied. "Either way, we need to fight our way through. Can you sense the drugs?"

Matt nodded. "Top floor. The two enhanced are protecting the heroin. I don't think the leader of the Russian gang, Vladmir, is in the building." 

"Tough luck."

Alex said as they faced a door, leading to the first floor. Both of them looked at each other as Alex took a deep breath, calming down his nervousness. He hadn't been in building fights before and now, he was facing the entire Russian mob with a blind lawyer.

It felt a little crazy to him but he was prepared. He could feel it.

"I have not asked yet but can you deal with the bullets?" Matt gave him a final look before they went inside. "It's hard to dodge them in closed space."

"Don't worry." Alex smiled. "It would have been a problem before but not now."

With a nod of his head, Matt kicked the door, revealing 9 Russian guys aiming their gun at them. It seemed like they were notified that they were coming. Alex wondered how but he didn't have the time to think about it.

The sound of bullets getting shot and a baton hitting a man rang out as Alex twisted out of the way of a bullet.

'I should really think of getting a weapon. At least a gun.'

He thought as he moved, dodging bullets and throwing a piece of wood that was on the floor at the guy standing closest to him. Then, he turned around and focused the energy inside of him to release at three Russians trying to aim a bullet in his head.

The wolf managed to scare all the other Russians inside the floor aside from knocking the three Russian's consciousness which gave Matt enough time to clear the floor.

He slammed one of them in the head with his baton, then threw it at another guy.

Then, he sprinted towards one who tried shooting at him but like he was in the bullet time, Matt easily dodged the bullets and punched the man in the face, the force behind it slamming him into the ground with some of his teeths broken.

The rest two of them were taken care of by Alex as they tried to get a shot at him. When he easily ducked and blocked the bullets, one of them threw his gun away and rushed at him, overestimating his strength.

The Russian guy punched but it only touched air as Alex side stepped and grabbed his arm. He twisted it and the man cried out in intense pain.

The last Russian tried to again fire at him, not caring about his gang member but Alex threw the man at him, knocking both of them out.

With that, the floor was clear.

"Are they all out?" He looked at Matt and asked.

Matt took a while as he sensed the knocked out gang members before shaking his head. He suddenly walked up to one of the fallen guys who was trying to reach for his gun and kicked him in the stomach, then he picked him up by the collar and smashed him into the table.

"Now they are all out."

"Good." Alex muttered, feeling amazed and thankful for Matt's senses. "I'm pretty sure the people on the upper floors would have heard the commotion. They would be coming at us."

"Yeah." Matt raised his head to look at the ceiling. "They are rushing down the stairs. If we keep going, we will encounter twelve of them on the stairs. Some on the upper floors are prepared to shoot at the sight of us."

"It will be a pretty rough evening."

"Seems so."

They moved up the stairs, not worrying about the gangsters. Although there were a lot of them, both Alex and Matt had enough powers to deal with them.

'I would have never been able to stand a chance without my improved stats.'

Alex thought as he moved.

He had already taken the advancement serum a few days ago and it was almost miraculous. Improving his stats to a point where he never thought was possible. All of his physical stats have improved, making him more agile and strong. 

Sadly, it was still not to the point of Captain America or Spiderman but with his wolf, he was pretty sure he stood a chance against them.

"They are coming." Matt suddenly said, taking a step on the stairs. "Be prepared."

"Okay."

Alex said as he focused. The energy inside of him started rotating, taking a form. This time, with much more strength.

The wolf understood his master's intentions as at the first sight of the Russian gangsters, it leaped out of his body as his claws came out and attacked the man who were too shocked to even use their gun.

It moved through them, destroying their weapons and slashing their skins. In just a minute, all the men were on the ground and Alex could only grin at the prowess of his wolf.

87