Chapter 040 End of the Russians (Part 4)
2.1k 13 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 040

'So this is what those secret agents in spy thrillers feel like.'

Alex thought as he hid behind a table with a barrage of gunshots being fired at them.

They were currently on the fifth floor and it was the floor with the largest number of men and the worst part was that they were all equipped with assault rifles.

They were currently taking cover behind a table but the situation was really dire for them. Alex was a little exhausted after fighting so many gangsters and Matt's condition was even worse than him.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked as he looked at Matt. He groaned in response and put a hand on his side, which was bleeding due to a surprise attack.

"Give me a minute." Matt said, taking ragged breaths. "I will get used to the pain but we seem to be in a bit of a tricky situation even without those enhanced interfering."

"Yeah, they really seem to be going out with everything they have." Alex muttered as he took a peek. There were thirteen men in the room and they all seemed to be notable members of the gang with their skills being above the rest

"They are using assault rifles and even have grenades. It would be hard to deal with them." He said, turning to Matt.

"AKS-74U… I recognize the smell. Those are hard to deal with."

"And you can't fight like this."

"I can. I have gone through worse situations with even worse wounds." Matt replied but Alex wasn't convinced.

The problem wasn't the Russians. 

Alex can still think of ways to defeat them but they needed to preserve their power for the enhanced guys. And like this, he was certain that Matt won't be able to stand a chance when the real fight will start.

'Looks like I don't have any option.'

He thought, taking a final look at Matt's wounds before pulling out an elven healing potion from his inventory. 

Matt was surprised when he felt the vibrations in the air change suddenly in front of Alex.

"Did you do something? I sensed you pulling out something straight out of nowhere?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah, just drink this." He handed him a vial filled with red, blood liquid. "You will be fine after drinking. Just don't be too shocked."

"What is this exactly?" Matt asked. "I have never smelled this scent before."

"Hard to explain with all those Russian guys wanting to blow our brains. Just trust me and drink it." He insisted, then took another peek at the men. "I will deal with all of them till then."

Alex didn't give Matt a chance to respond and jumped in front, surprising the Russians. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment.

'I wanted to save my precious 3 minutes but I guess, it's true it never goes the way you want.'

He thought and opened his eyes, the world changing in front of him as he saw bullets leaving the metallic machines in slow motion. 

1 minute.

That was the time he wanted to end it in.

Alex picked up a table and threw it at three Russians on the side, bullets making holes in it in the air. Then, he sprinted towards another guy, ducking as the bullets flew above his head and punched him in the face.

Then, he twisted his arm.

As the sound of bone cracking came off, he kicked him. Then he turned around and kicked another guy in the gut with a punch in his throat.

The Russians were humans, so unlike Abomination, they weren't able to react at all. It was almost like Alex was Quicksilver (From x men universe) for three minutes.

He punched, kicked, slammed and stabbed all the Russians, repeating his actions again and again until he was sure they wouldn't be able to move back up.

It was kind of tiring but fun at the same time.

"I guess this is enough." He muttered as he slammed a man directly into the wall.

Feeling like he can end it now, he stopped his bullet time and as his perception of time slowed down, the effects took place almost instantly.

"Aghhhhh"

"Fuck my arm."

Shouts of agony and pain came out as the Russians fell to the ground. 

The man whose bone he had broken fainted instantly while the guy he had stabbed with his dagger at various places cried as sharp pain overcame him.

One by one, every one of the Russians fell.

'It took only 1 minute 4 seconds.'

Alex looked at the time left in his bullet time skill and smiled before sighing. He had defeated the Russians in a good enough time but he had a feeling he would need as much bullet time as he could get.

"How exactly did you do this?" Matt asked, walking up to him and looking around at the bodies.

"Just a skill." Alex said, panting a little due to the after effects of the skill. 

"Start with it next time. You can finish all the gangsters without me." Matt said.

"I can't." Alex groaned. "It has a timer. I can't use it for a long time. How's your injury now?" He looked at his side which was not bleeding anymore.

"I can feel my wound fixing itself. It's almost like… magic." Matt said, still in a little shock about the effectiveness of the potion. "Where did you get it from?"

"I can't tell you that. It's something to be only used in an emergency."

Matt nodded his head, thinking to ask about it in detail later. For him, Alex was getting more and more mysterious with time.

From his unusual strength to his wolf to his weird skills and now, his magical potion. As he was thinking about looking into his information again later, he felt something.

"Someone coming."

Alex immediately went on guard hearing that, fixing his eyes on the door that led to the stairs.

"Is it those enhanced guys?"

"Probably."

He took his stance and gathered his strength, preparing himself. 

Suddenly, the door bursted and a man with a metallic body, like he was carved out of steel walked out.

78