Chapter 052 Desperation
2.6k 5 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 052

"So, you have had these powers for a while?"

Alex asked as he and Peter sat on the edge of a roof, talking about stuff and getting to know each other.

At this moment, he was thankful that his suit has a function of making his voice seem different.

Otherwise, he was sure Peter would have gotten suspicion.

"Yeah, I got these a while back during some strange events. Didn't know what to do with them as I was mostly normal all my life." Peter said, thinking back to the field trip to Oscorp. "Didn't really know what to do with it until someone explained something that I was thinking about for a while."

Alex stopped himself from chuckling hearing that and continued to listen.

"After that, I just made these web shooters from old watches." Peter showed him his web shooters. "But I hesitated a lot, thinking it would ruin my normal life until the…"

He trailed off and Alex completed his words.

"Expo."

"Those drones suddenly went berserk. Felt like one of those sci-fi movies I watched back in childhood. But I saw someone die right before my eyes and something snapped inside of me."

He took a breath before looking up at him. 

"I realised I won't be able to live with a good conscience if I don't stop those drones when I can." 

"You were a lot of help that day."

"Thanks. What about you?" He asked, curious about how one of the most famous vigilantes in New York came to existence.

"Just a lot of crazy stuff. I don't even know how to explain."

Alex sighed, unsure if someone will even believe his transmigration story.

"I can understand that. A werewolf didn't bite you, right?" He suddenly asked, making a speculative story of werewolves.

"No, I don't think I got bitten by anything. And werewolves don't exist. At least I never heard of one. Are you watching too many teen fantasy movies?"

"No, no, I am not." Peter shook his head and Alex just sighed.

"Yeah. Well, I need to go now. Have to get somewhere." Alex said, checking up the time in his system.

He was seriously running late now and although talking to Peter or rather Spiderman was nice, he didn't want to get his mother's wrath upon him.

"Oh, okay." Peter said as he stood up. "Then, is there a way I can contact you or something? Or like, do you have any advice for me?"

Alex smiled at him and took out one of the comm links he had bought from his system. They were the best devices for contacting each other without someone spying on their conversation.

Peter yelped and took a step back in surprise as Alex took the comm link out of nowhere.

"Think of it as magic. Here, take it!" He threw the ear bud looking device to Peter. "Just double tap it and it will connect to me. Not always. Just when you need my help in something… big."

'Like dealing with a lizard monster.'

He thought but didn't say it out loud. Peter examined the comm link as he nodded his head.

"Okay, you can contact me too if you ever need help." He said, then hesitated a bit before saying. "If you want to. I'm pretty sure you can handle most things yourself, Mr. Lycan."

"Drop the mister. And I will contact you if I need help. By the way, how about getting a better costume?"

He looked down at his attire which was nowhere near Spiderman's iconic look. 

"I have been thinking about it actually. Do you think a spandex would be nice?"

"If it's not too tight, I guess."

Alex chuckled as he said that.

* * *

At the same time, Dr. Connors was talking with his colleague Dr. Rajit Ratha, an Indian origin scientist and someone he had worked with for a long time.

"What do you mean the results were disappointing?"

Dr. Ratha asked, clearly displeased with Connors. His research had been stuck for years and their time was ending.

"It means what it means. Dead end. It's the decay rate algorithm. It's hard to get it right but I'm getting there. I got an assistant and I'm pretty sure–"

"I don't care. Norman Osborn's illness is getting worse. He's been missing his meetings and getting… angrier. We both are gonna lose our necks soon."

Dr. Ratha cut him off and slammed his desk. He had just come back from a meeting with Norman Osborn and he wasn't joking when he said that they will lose their necks.

He knew very well what Osborn was capable of.

"I know the project has been delayed too long but I'm finally close to something." Dr. Connors insisted.

"Do it fast. Norman has been taking out his anger on his son these days but it won't be long before it will be us." 

Dr. Ratha frowned, thinking about the billionaire that had started Oscorp with a dream to achieve scientific breakthroughs but had fallen into greed and was now using science to achieve his selfish desires.

"I know, Ratha. This project is equally important for me."

Dr. Connors glanced at his arm. This project was all about healing things never thought possible. He wanted to use cross species genetics to change the lives of millions. Including his.

Until everything stopped.

But now, his project was finally back on track, thanks to Peter.

"Look, I know you are trying your best. But I have heard the word 'disappointing' enough. I'm sick of it." Dr. Ratha frowned, shaking his head. "Get me results in two weeks. That's the most I can get Osborn to wait."

Dr. Connors looked at him for a while before nodding his head.

"Okay, I understand."

"Good. I hope when I come back next time, you have something to show to me."

He said and strode away, not wanting to waste more of his time in Connors lab. 

Dr. Connors sighed as he picked up a paper containing some numbers as he started to work again.

There was not enough time and he was getting more desperate.

***

Up to 15 advanced chapters are available on Pat reon if you don't want to wait for the next update https://www.pat reon.com/extra26

Editors: Cyeven and leo

71