Chapter 2
326 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end she decided to bring the man to the village. With her FF- in strength she could only carry him on her back, and it still took her a lot of effort. It wasn’t a perfect solution, but it was certainly better than leaving him to die. She could go alone and ask somebody for help, but she didn’t know how the villagers would react seeing her waltzing in, covered in blood, not to mention that her only attire was a single cloak, she borrowed from the wounded man.

The cloak itself wasn’t warm, it was thin and served more as a camouflage than a proper clothing so in Erin’s mind she was the one that needed it the most.

Due to additional weight, reaching the village took Erin almost an hour. She decided to approach a man that was currently working the field. It certainly seemed better than letting the whole village see her in this state.

Halfway through the villager in question noticed her as well, seeing unconscious man on her back, he hurriedly rushed towards her.

“What happened to Nathan?” The villager asked.

 

“He’s wounded, I provided the first aid, but he really needs to see a doctor.” Erin replied as she committed the name to her memory.

“First let me help you taking him off your back.” the villager said while trying (and failing miserably) to avert his gaze from her body.

Damn this stupid body. Erin cursed inside. Feeling this kind of attention from a man was certainly a weird experience.

With the help of a villager, she laid Nathan safely on the ground. Having an opportunity to look at the man’s injuries again, she realized that his face was paler than when she first saw him in the forest, but fortunately he was still breathing, and it seems that her bandages had worked because his wound was no longer bleeding.

“Okay, now stay here, while I go get some help.” The villager explained and dashed towards the village.

Should I leave him here and hide? she asked herself while looking at the unconscious man, whose name was apparently Nathan.

No, this might be my only chance on getting clothes legally and if I’m lucky, a temporary accommodation as well. She thought that if she played her cards right might use his gratitude for her own benefit. While many people may think that it isn’t right to use people like that, for Erin this was certainly better than other alternatives.

After few minutes the man returned with two additional people. A hooded man, and a woman. Apparently, the hooded man was some sort of a doctor, though his current attire made him look more like a quack than a professional.

“Nathan! Are you okay!?” The woman asked with a shaky voice.

Seeing that he didn’t reply she rushed to him and kneeled next to his body. She leaned over his face to check if he’s still breathing. Just by looking at this scene you could easily see she cared about him deeply.

“I told you not to go alone, why you never listen to me!” Cried woman.

She hugged his unconscious body and rested her head on his chest for a moment, as if wanting to hear his heart. While this was happening, the doctor crouched on the other side of the unconscious man and started examining his body. Apparently looks can really be deceiving, because judging by how quick and precise his movement was it wasn’t the first time, he did this.

“Vitali, is he going to be alright?” she asked, brushing away her dishevelled hair.

“Don’t worry Erica, it’s nothing serious. He only lost some blood.” Doctor continued. “I will apply some herbs to a wound, give him a blood replenishing potion, and in one week he should be good as new.”

“Thank you, thank you!” She repeated, relief now apparent in her voice.

“No need to thank me, really.” The man explained. “You should thank the person who applied these bandages instead, without them he’d bleed to death.”

It was at this moment that the woman has finally noticed Erin, who was standing a bit further from the group. Although it only lasted a few seconds, woman’s face showed so many different emotions in quick succession. First, you could see she looked grateful, but when she noticed Nathan’s cloak on her it switched to confusion, then a tinge of rage appeared for a split second, only to turn into a cold stare at the end.

“Thank you for saving my Husband.” Woman replied, clearly stressing the word ‘husband.’

“Uhm… I was just passing by.” Erin replied awkwardly, not knowing what to think about what just happened.

“Just passing by? Nothing else?” Erica asked, her gaze firmly locked on Erin, as if she wanted to catch every bit of movement.

“Yes, I swear!” Erin replied. “I was walking through the forest when I saw him bleeding out.”

“How am I to believe you when you act like a comm…”

“Girls, please stop. This is certainly a misunderstanding.” Doctor interrupted Erica

“How can you say that!? Just look at her! She’s even wearing his cloak!” Erica screamed loudly.

Erin stood there stupefied, not knowing what to say. It turns out that Erica thought that Nathan cheated on her with Erin.

“As a doctor I can tell that he already lost a considerable amount of blood before somebody applied the bandages.” Doctor tried to reason with Erica.

Erica looked as if she was about to blow out once more, but then her gaze rested on her husband one more time, and instead of erupting like a volcano she managed to calm down.

“Fine! After all I should trust my husband.” She replied and then looked at Erin “But tell me why you aren’t wearing any clothes.”

Since the question was asked, Erin thought it’d be better to tell the truth, well at least a partial truth. She skipped the part about a system and the part where she was a guy, instead she just told them that she suddenly appeared on a field with no recollection on how she got there, and the only the last thing she remembers was walking down the street of her hometown.

“Okay, let’s say I believe you. This story just seems too stupid to be false.” Said Erica.

“Thank you?” Erin replied uncertain whether she should be grateful or not. “Anyways I’ve got to find some clothes, and a place to rest for a few days.”

“If you want, you can stay with me. I’ve got enough room for two people.” Villager who brought the duo exclaimed.

Erin was about to accept the offer, but then she noticed lecherous glint in his eye, which made her shudder with a disgust.

Damn me and this fucking body. She cursed in her mind.

“Jake, you idiot! Do you even have any spare women’s clothes?” Erica exclaimed, before Erin could even decline.

“Uhm… No, but I’ll…” He was interrupted by Erica “No buts, she’s coming with me.”

“Let it be your way then, but my doors will be open if she ever decides to visit me.” He replied before slowly heading back to the village.

Once again Erin found herself standing there flabbergasted. Just a few minutes ago Erica wanted to rip her heart out, and now she fights over her. Was it work of her stats? She wondered.

“I know we haven’t started on exactly good terms, but I’m really grateful that you saved my husband” Erica continued. “How about living with us for a while?”

“Really? If you don’t mind, I will gladly accept the offer. I would rather share a house with an angry woman than a horny male.” Erin answered truthfully.

“Hey! I’m not that angry.” Erica replied. “Anyways, since we’ll be living together how should we call each other? I’m Erica by the way.”

“You can call me John.” Erin introduced herself.

Oh shit!

9