Chapter 3
413 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wait! I mean, John is not my name! It was slip of a tongue.” Erin screamed while flailing her arms in panic.

“So, what should I call you if not Erinellys?” Erica replied.

Wait! What did she call me? Erin was genuinely confused. It was the name that the system gave her. But Erin was certain she said ‘John’

“Well, my name is JohnErinellys, but I think It’d be better if you just called me…” A silence fell for a second, before she added “…Erin.”

This time Erin carefully listened to the words that left her mouth, to spot if there is something weird going on. What she heard was that not only that her name was replaced with Erinellys, but also that she was speaking in entirely different language, a language which she perfectly understood!

“Ha, so you just don’t like when people call you using your full name.” Erica’s commented.

“Y-Yes, that’s what I meant.” Erin stuttered. “It feels weird when you call me JohnErinellys.”

Now thinking about it, she realized that her additional linguistic knowledge didn’t end on one language, in fact she knew two additional languages. How was that possible? She couldn’t tell, but somehow her brain subconsciously hid this fact from her.

Was there something more to the system? She wondered.

“Erica, I hope you don’t mind if I bring your husband to my workshop. I still have to give him some medicine.” Vitali used the moment of silence to address Erica.

“Just make sure, he’s back before dinner.” She replied.

Hearing the answer Vitali let out a laugh. “Hahaha. I’ll see what I can do, but no promises.”

He approached Nathan and made a several weird hand gestures in the air. Apparently, it was some sort of a spell, because Nathan’s body slowly rose into air, as if there were some invisible arms lifting him up.

Although it wasn’t as shocking as Erin’s sudden transmigration, it still left her stunned for a second. She wondered if she could learn magic one day. Maybe it would allow her to return home.

“Quite impressive, huh?” Erica brushed away her fire red hair approached Erin. “Is it your first-time seeing magic?”

“Yeah. I’ve never seen anything similar before.” Erin explained truthfully.

The response clearly surprised Erica. “Really? I thought elves used magic for almost everything.”

“Umm… How do I explain this?” Erin paused for a second, as she thought of an answer. “I lived in a human city, and the parents who raised me were both human. Back there, we used machines instead of magic.”

Erica scratched her head and paused for a second. “So, you’re from the Vilencia Republic, huh? No wonder you don’t like your elvish name.”

It was the first time Erin heard of that country, but she decided against resolving this misunderstanding, she didn’t know much about this world yet, and telling them that she’s from another world might bring more trouble than staying quiet.

“Okay, let’s go. I believe Erinellys would like to get some new clothes before sunset.” Vitali addressed the women.

“Yeah! You’re right.” Erica turned towards Erin. “Let’s get you some clothes, unless you want to stay dressed like this.”

“Don’t even joke about this! Just lead the way.” Erin replied.

 

A woman brushed away her silver hair to prevent it from falling into a cup. She was sipping an herbal drink, it was similar to a tea, but not quite as bitter. The woman herself was pondering a message which was currently displayed in front of her.

Name: Erinellys

Sex: Female

Race: Half-Elf?

Level: 0 -> 1

Exp: 100.2/100

Health: Healthy

Stamina: Energetic

Mana: None

STR: FF- AGI: B- DEX: B+ CON: C- INT: C+ WILL: D+ CHA: AA+

Class: Seductress

Skills: Goal Prioritizing

 

She was wondering why her experience rose by 100 points. She doesn’t remember doing anything that could give her experience. Unless the system treated something she did as a seduction.

Anyways she had to figure out how to level up first, because no matter how much experience she gains, without an ability to level up she won’t be able to reach any heights, and from what Erica told her, most people stay around 15th level.

System How do I level up! She directed her thoughts at the system.

Complete system integration now?

Warning!

During integration, user’s motor functions will be disabled.

Estimated completion time: 1m30s

Yes

No

It didn’t exactly say level up, but since she couldn’t move while doing this ‘integration’ she figured out that it was some sort of a safety mechanism, so she won’t die due to it happening in an inappropriate time.

In the end Erin chose ‘Yes’ she didn’t have any better ideas on how to level up and Erica was still looking for as she phrased it “appropriate clothes.”

Just as the system warned, her body froze in place she could only use her eyes to look around, but wherever she looked a system prompt blocked her vision. She could only wait until the system is done with the integration.

Integration in progress…

User permissions updated.

Unlocking additional system functionality…

System VI installed.

Performing a Deep Scan…

Mana Core detected.

Mana Core integrated.

Spell-like ability Charm Person detected.

User profile updated.

Completed.

Hello World, 😊

 

Level Up!

Seductress Lv. 0/15 => Lv. 1/15

Adjusting stats…

1 Skill Point Acquired.

Along with the last message the force that blocked her movement disappeared. Wow! That was something different.

She didn’t waste her time and brought up her profile again, she was curious on what has changed, since the system said that it changed something to her profile.

Name: Erinellys (Erin)

Sex: Female

Race: Half-Elf

Level: 1

Exp: 0.2/200

Health: Healthy

Stamina: Energetic

Mana Core: 100%

STR: FF- AGI: B DEX: B+ CON: C- INT: C+ WILL: D+ CHA: AA+

Class: Seductress

Available Skill Points: 1

Skills: Goal Prioritizing

Abilities: Charm Person

As she looked through her profile, she noticed few minor changes, but most of them weren’t that notable, except of a new section.

What’s the difference between Skills and Abilities? She wondered.

Skills are passive, abilities have to be activated.

She tilted her head confused Wait, did the system just reply?

Correct. During the integration system deemed that additional assistance would be necessary, thus this program was installed.

Erin was genuinely surprised, since the system never spoke to her directly, and now she heard it in her head. It spoke in this in an uncannily monotone voice, as if devoid of any emotions. You couldn’t even tell the voice’s gender since it sounded perfectly androgynous.

She couldn’t stop herself from imagining the system’s voice in a form of message prompts, but perhaps the way she perceived it was the work of system itself.

Does everybody have a similar AI in their system? Erin inquired.

This program is only given to the users who weren’t introduced to the system at birth. The program will self-terminate after the system deems that assistance is no longer necessary.

Hearing this explanation Erin was slightly relieved. She wasn’t really fond of everybody having an AI helper. It would mean she ended up in a world full of potential Anime Protagonists.

Now all that’s left for her was to use the skill point she got. She hoped that there would at least one skill that’d allow her to defend herself. With the body like that an ability to defend herself would be great.

How should I spend it? She wondered.

You can spend Skill Points at Skill Shop to acquire new abilities or spend them on your existing skills to rank them up.

Hearing that there was a Skill Shop was all the encouragement Erin needed. She immediately opened the Skill Shop window.

Skill Shop

Skill Name:

Cost:

Description:

Desire Sense

1 SP

You can sense other people’s desires.

Novice Lover

1 SP

With the right technique you can increase the pleasure for you and your partner.

Widow’s Kiss

1 SP

By kissing your target, you can choose to paralyze them. The longer the kiss the stronger the effect.

Bedroom Vampirism

1 SP

Skill based on succubus’ ability to absorb Life Force from their partners.

Despite their similarities, it’s not as effective and will never lead to partner’s death.

Objective Beauty

1 SP

While healthy, you will be always considered at least moderately attractive.

Disease Resistance

1 SP

Boosts your immune system. Reducing likelihood of contracting a disease. Additionally reduces their severity.

Initially happy that she’ll finally be able to get some useful skills she started browsing through the shop menu, but with each entry she read her facial expression sunk bit by bit, until she finally snapped at system. Is this really everything I can get!?

Skill Shop by default only shows skills that are recommended for your current class & level. For all available skills, please use the filter function.

“Then tell me that earlier!” She exploded at system.

“Erin!? Is there something wrong. I heard you screaming.” Erica’s muffled voice came from the other side of the house.

“It’s nothing!” Erin replied trying not to sound too agitated. “Don’t worry about it!”

She was still a bit annoyed, but since these were not the only skills available,

“If you say so. Anyway, I think I’ve found the right clothes. Just give me one more minute.” The voice replied.

Using this last moment of tranquillity Erin decided to ask system another question. If the answer was favourable, maybe she could save herself a lot of trouble.

System is there a way to change my class? She asked.

Class change is only available once you reach the maximum level of your current class, or through the use of a class change gem.

Damn! She cursed.

Erin wanted to inquire about the gem, but before she could ask another question, a redheaded figure appeared in a doorframe. A big smile was plastered on her face.

“Erin! Try these on!” Erica entered the room with a small bundle of clothes in her arms.

The bundle certainly contained clothes that she’d never thought she would wear one day, but she couldn’t complain. After all it was still better than staying naked and she didn’t want to seem weird by asking for men’s clothes.

Steeling herself Erin exclaimed. “Great, let me see them.”

Erica handled the bundle to Erin, which she ‘eagerly’ received. Since she was still a bit hesitant to wear women’s clothes, she took her time checking them piece by piece.

Surprisingly the clothes were actually quite well made. They were made out of material that was similar in feel to cotton, but a bit different. Erin was also grateful that the clothes Erica brought weren’t revealing, in fact they were even more modest than she expected them to be. A long-sleeved top and an ankle long skirt.

“I tried avoiding tighter clothes since…” She looked at Erin’s chest then at her own. “…you’ve certainly bigger than me, but I think these should fit you perfectly.”

Erin repeated the motion Erica did before realizing what she meant. It made her blush in embarrassment as she looked away.

“Y-yes, you’re right.” Erin stuttered a bit, not knowing how to reply.

“Thank you.” She quickly added.

Putting the clothes on was a quite challenge to her since she never wore this kind of clothes before, but fortunately, despite Erin’s initial protests Erica was there to help her. Thanks to that entire dressing process only took few minutes.

“Wow.” Erica commented. “If I were a guy, I’d be probably smitten by you.”

The comment made Erin cringe a little, but she unfortunately knew that Erica wasn’t wrong. Even though the clothes were completely modest and non-revealing, she still looked incredibly attractive and if there was ever a doubt if someone can look sexy and modest at the same time, she was now a standing proof of that possibility.

Her only hope of getting out of this mess was to either reach level 15 or find the class change gem, so she can change that cursed class, but that had to be postponed until she learns more about this world.

8