Cycle 4 (2)
110 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

I did not get enough sleep last night. And in a moment of insamity i decided to go al the way lo Flor 30

So I did. 

Its hekin late.

I cant rember if I had dimner.

Probabl

I'm not the type of person who forgets to skips meals.

So lm at

Where

Oh. Inn. Floof 30. Thatswhere.

I didit

Sleepy slep time now

Gnight, Dun

 

*****

 

Lily woke up as light came through her cabin window. During the night other players had arrived, and the cabin was now full.

She focused on her three roommates, and their names appeared. Hashbrowns, Ringo, and NoobKiller420.

Lily made a mental note to avoid that last person.

She lightly dropped from the top bunk to the floor and went outside. A few players were eating breakfast around the campfire. After debating a few seconds, she sat on an empty log and pulled coffee and a granola bar out of her inventory.

"Hey."

Lily jumped slightly, turning to see who spoke.

"Sorry," Hashbrowns laughed, and held out a hand. "I'm Hash. Admin 5's group."

Lilly shook the orange catgirl's hand. "Lily. Admin 6."

Hash sat down next to her. "I've seen you around. The guy in your group with earth magic is your boyfriend, right?"

"He is," Lily said, not sure where this was going.

Hash pulled a can of coffee out of her inventory. "Cool. That's a random question… See, my boyfriend thinks that at some point the Director is going to have us all make teams with people not in our group. If that happens, and we happen to have to make teams of four, want to join with us?"

Lily watched her thoughtfully for a few seconds. "If that happens, I would be happy to. But I suspect at some point we'll have to fight each other. If that happens, would you agree to a truce?"

"Sure." Hash smiled, opening a message screen. "What's your number?"

 

*****

 

Mika walked out of her cabin, smelling food. Someone at the campfire was using a shield like a pan, frying thick strips of bacon.

Sadly, that person was not Nikki, meaning Mika probably wouldn't get any.

She focused on the person, and a word appeared above him. "Bacon".

"Yep, that's my name," he called to her, grinning. "Decided to call myself something with good vibes."

"Good unless you're vegan," Mika said, walking over.

"Are you vegan?" Bacon asked.

"Nope."

"Then we're good."

She smiled. "I guess. You selling any of that?"

"No, but I'll let you have some for the joy of your company through breakfast," he said, smiling winningly.

"I don't swing that way, dude," Mika told him.

He shrugged, turning the bacon with a pair of long chopsticks. "Not a dealbreaker for me."

A fresh wave of bacon smell reached her nose. "Ok, you have my company for breakfast."

"Wonderful."

 

*****

 

Avi floated slowly through space. Eventually he'd hit something. Probably.

In the meantime, he was… relaxed.

There was no one here to judge him.

There was no one to see him fail.

There was no one to yell.

And there was absolutely no way he could make himself go faster.

He was just floating across an empty patch of space.

Sure, the first five hours or so had been stressful, but once he'd given up getting to the exit before dark all the stress had melted away.

It was now morning, and he was still probably two hours away from the nearest wall.

He let himself fall back asleep.

11