Cycle 24 (13)
1.8k 5 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Apparently our floor has become a respawn point for players. The respawn point was a couple levles above us before. They respawn in the… So, our shops are arranged in a circle, around a little plaza thing. The players respawn into the center of the plaza.

Aya and Mika put a chair in the exact middle, and a player respawned on top of it. And then fell off and broke his arm. Mika and Lilly thought that was hilarious. I moved the chair.

It’s kind of weird to think about people having trouble getting through the levels. I mean, we can get down to the kobolds in like twenty minutes now. We barely even notice the sharks, and the slimes are little more than an annoyance. In the back of my mind I know they used to be a big deal, like the bats and tigers are now. But they aren’t any more, which makes Aya and Lilly wonder how strong we are compared to the players.

Staab came down this morning so we could finish the marble races. He got bronze in the championship. I didn’t get any medal. But just when we finished a player came through the entrance, and we had to run back to our shops before she saw the track and Staab. As far as I know, Staab is still hiding in Lilly’s room.

Mika and I got the track back into her place while the player was at Kimi’s shop.

Ox was one of the people who’s respawned here. Apparently when players are in a group, they can cast a spell and instantly travel to wherever a group member is. So when he died in the slime maze, three of his four teammates came back and had lunch before they went down to attack the kobolds.

I almost asked if they could take some pizza dough down to Nat, but then realized they’d have to just leave it somewhere on the floor, since they’re going to kill all the kobolds. And Lewis. Actually, I wonder if they know what the spiders are guarding. If they do, they can tell Aya. Solo players don’t clear levels, but groups usually try to, so they might know. If one of them dies on the bug or yeti level I’ll ask if they know.

Oh, one of the things the players have are magical rocks that basically act like phones. Kimi is super hoping to get those in her inventory next cycle, so she can leave one with Y. And I’ll leave one with Nat. And Lilly will leave one with Staab, if he ever leaves. Aaaand Mika can leave one with her band, and I guess Aya can leave one with the ants? Not sure if that would work, though, since all they do is buzz.

A group of players just came into my restaurant, so I have to go.

Goodnight, dungeon!

104