Cycle 28 (5)
1.6k 4 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

We’re going back to our floor tomorrow night. Most of today was spent getting ready for the going-away party we’ll have all day tomorrow.

I have to admit, as fun as this has been, I’ve missed our floor. I miss my house, my kitchen, my diner. I’m glad we all live together here, because if we didn’t I’d never see the girls. Mika and Via are always doing band things, Aya spends her days with the ants, Kimi and Y argue about arithmetic, and I don’t even know what Lilly and Staab do because I’ve been spending fifteen hours a day in Nat’s kitchen.

It’s been super fun, and I love Nat to pieces, but I’m ready to just hang out with the girls again. I’m ready to relax.

We didn’t even have a marble championship this cycle.

The wolves will stay here until the first players get to our floor. Then we’ll tell the kobolds, who will have to kill them to get them back to Floor 94. It’ll be hard, but necessary.

I think Mika is ready to get back to our floor, too. She’s pretty social, but she’s creative. In a number of ways. And here all she’s been doing is music stuff. She can’t make things out of metal here, and she doesn’t even really have time to draw. She looks ready for a break from music.

Actually… I never thought about it, but I never really heard Via talk about her siren friends. On the floor where she lived before. I mean, she mentioned them, but I don’t know any of their names. I’m pretty sure if I got sent to a different floor, I’d never shut up about the girls here. We’re basically family, and I know I’d see an ant and talk for an hour about Aya and how she’s friends with ants. Or if someone was drawing, I’d tell them about Mika. Or any time something happened with fire, I’d talk about Kimi. I’d miss them, and talk about them. But Via doesn’t talk about them.

I might ask her about that. Maybe she wasn’t as close to them as we are. Or maybe she finds it hard to remember them, since she might not ever see them again. Yeah, I should ask. Even if she doesn’t want to talk about it, at least then I’ll know for sure to avoid the topic.

I wonder… I forget what floor she was from. If it’s close enough, we might be able to get there. Since the keys let us go up as well as down. If she’s from a floor below, I don’t know, 75 we might have a chance at getting there before the players do. Then we could all meet Via’s friends!

It probably won’t happen any time soon. Next cycle will probably be spent the same as this one, which I won’t be mad about. But maybe a couple cycles from now we’ll be bored and will want a challenge.

It could be fun!

I’ll bring it up when we get back to our floor.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

77