Cycle 30 (2)
1.5k 2 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Floor 91 is… impressive. It’s a cool (temperature cool, not “wow that’s so cool” cool) (well, actually it’s both) (it’s cool in all senses of the word) (wait, there are a lot of definitions for “cool”) (...yeah, they all apply here) (wow these parentheses are kinda getting away from me) (sorry, I’ll stop now) desert, with neat rock formations sticking up out of dry, cracked dirt. The walls and ceiling are covered in spikes, and there are cactuses everywhere. Cacti, not cactuses. Whatever.

Anyways, the desert is full of two things: snakes and air elementals. I get the feeling that the snakes are the pets of the elementals. The elementals are pretty nice. There are ten of them, they were playing volleyball with a rock when we came in.

At first they were like “whoa, what the heck, who are you and where did you come from???” and we were like “we’re catgirls from floor 93, and we want to fight our way up!” and they were like “that sounds fun! Let us finish this game then we’ll fight you!” and we were like “ok!” Because we totally understand the importance of finishing a game.

The air elementals kind of look like the ghost of a peacock. Or maybe a phoenix if it were made out of dust and clouds? They’re some kind of giant bird, with big tails that spread out. When they spin around, it pulls the air around them into a tornado. Touching them feels like… It kind of feels like touching the fur of a very fluffy dog. It gives the impression there’s something solid at the center, but you haven’t found it yet. It’s just very soft and fluffy. 

The snakes just look like snakes. They look like rattlesnakes; I guess there are a lot of different types of snakes in the world. They’re big and brown with black markings and make a really creepy noise. Also their bites hurt super bad.

Anyways, the elementals finished their game and set up their attack. We walked through the desert, trying to avoid cacti and snakes, with gusts of wind coming at odd times trying to push us down. Near the center, the elementals had stirred up the dust, making it hard to see. That’s where most of the snakes were. We had to keep our mouths and noses covered, or else we could have died from dust inhalation. A lot of dust got into my eyes, it hurt. 

Via and Lilly died in the dust cloud from snake bites. So, bonus, we found out that we respawn back in our rooms no matter where we die! Yay!

After the dust cloud, we got to the elementals. They made their own mini tornadoes, pulling us into the air to slam us against the wall. We got a couple of them, but they’re really good. They know what they’re doing. We’re absolutely going to have to come up with some sort of plan for beating them.

Kimi lasted the longest, since her teleport recharges almost instantly. When one of the elementals yeeted her at a cactus she just teleported to the ground and attacked again, easy. Oh! Right! My sleep spell didn’t work on them. It worked on the snakes, once I remembered I had it, but the elementals seem to be immune to sleep. Which means tomorrow, I’ll use it on the snakes first thing.

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

73