Cycle 3 (6)
147 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

We kinda got stuck in the lavender field today. I mean, we could have left. But Avi wanted to befriend the cats, and I wanted to kill every single butterfly vampire thing, and before we knew it it was dark.

Avi thinks if we want to befriend the cats we'll have to spend at least three days there. I wouldn't mind, but we are supposed to be racing. And yeah, effort now will pay off later, but it might be too much effort. Or, it might take too much time.

Anyways. I've enjoyed this cycle. I'm glad Avi and I got to spend time just us. I don't know how anyone else is doing, but I think they're ok.

Next cycle it would be cool if we were in a big group again.

Oh, the wing experiment! Wax feels better, but butter smells better. I kinda want to combine them, and see what that does.I'm not sure if they'd homogenize tho. If I could get them to swirl as a solid I might not need to mix them… 

I need to go test that.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

*****

.

.

.

 

Samuel and Staab walked through the entrance of Floor 60 at about midnight. The floor was dark; the only signs of life were the lights in shop windows.

Smiling, Samuel ran to the spy's shop and pushed the door open.

"Hey," he called to the pink catgirl. "Are we the first ones here?"

She quickly hid a notebook under her desk. "You are."

"Awesome," he said, turning to Staab. "I told you not sleeping was the way to go. I'm gonna go to the shop and buy two hats with 'loser' on them."

"Better not," Staab told him. "Lily wouldn't find it funny."

"Bro," Samuel said flatly. "Buzz. Kill. It's not like you're the one who's gonna give it to her."

Staab made a pathetic, non-committal sound and shrugged. Samuel rolled his eyes.

"We should get the button first," Staab said, motioning to the catgirl.

"Oh yeah," Samuel said, looking at her. "First cycle you had some kind of fetch quest for us that we ruined. Want us to do it now?"

She looked them over for a few seconds, judging. "No. This time I will trade the button for information."

He flashed her a smile. "What would you like to know?"

She pointed to Samuel. "Tell me what's on Floors 1 through 9." Her finger moved to Staab. "Tell me what's on Floors 10 through 19."

Samuel frowned. "Here, I know Kimi keeps a spreadsheet of that stuff…" He pulled up a message box. "What's your number?"

The catgirl paused, watching him critically. "My number?"

"Yeah, your name and item number," he said. "I can ask Kimi for the whole spreadsheet and she can get it to you directly."

Her eyes widened slightly. "Athena. Item 302."

"Thanks."

From: Samuel (Player 607)
To: Kimi (Player 603), Athena (Item 302)
Subject: Floors

Hey, could you send Athena your list of floors and what all is on them? Thanks!

Sam

Athena jumped as the message reached her, and she seemed far more interested in it than Samuel thought was reasonable.

"If she doesn't get back to you by noon tomorrow message me and I'll ask if anyone else has a list. Aya or Nikki probably have one." He smiled winningly. "And if you ever want to talk, you have my number now. Don't be a stranger." He winked.

Athena slowly smiled. "Oh, don't worry handsome, I'll message you." She pulled the button out from under her desk. "Here's your reward."

"We'll wait for the others," Staab said. "Can you keep it here?"

"Yeah, I have hats to buy," Samuel said. "Two hats. One for both of them."

"I can keep it," Athena said, typing a new message. "Thank you for your help."

"No worries," Samuel said.

"Thanks," Staab said.

Together they walked to the door.

13