Cycle 3 (8)
152 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

Kimi wrote me and said Lily and Staab and the Sams are back on Floor 1 with them.

This means two things: 1) When someone pushes the button, there isn't some kind of magic wooshy thing that goes through the dungeon like there was in our dungeon. 2) People who push the button get sent to Floor 1, not to some other place like what happened to Mika that one time.

It's just after breakfast, but that felt important to write down. So I did. Next diary entry will probably be in the next cycle.

So yeah.

Good… erm…

Good day, Dungeon!

 

.

.

.

 

*****

Admin 6 looked over as Admin 3 groaned.

"Problems?" Admin 1 asked.

"No, no problems here," 3 said. "Making a working city is impossible, but no problems."

"I'm not having any issues," 5 said. "Would you like me to help?"

"He's not cursing, he doesn't need help yet," 2 said.

Admin 6 smiled as Admin 3 turned to 2 and let out a string of vile curses against him, his relatives, cities, the world, and the fact that he had to make sure no one died of starvation.

"Ok, this is a man that needs help," 2 conceded, smiling at 5.

Admin 6 frowned, opened his mouth, and closed it.

"Building cities was never part of our job description," Admin 4 said. "If they don't work, not our fault."

Admin 6 decided to go for it. "We've got a couple thousand souls between us in our dungeons, someone should know how cities are supposed to be built. Why not get them to do it? They're the ones that will have to live in them, after all…"

He received five horrified and concerned looks.

"No," Admin 1 said.

Admin 4 glanced at 1, thoughtful. "Why not?"

"That would mean talking to them," 5 said. "Yes, 6 talked to them and nothing broke, but-"

"We can talk to the players," Admin 4 said. "We don't need to talk to the mobs or NPCs."

"Right, that's what I meant," 6 lied. "If I was talking about mobs I would've said a couple hundred thousand."

"If it means I don't have to put fifty cites together, I'm in favor," 3 said.

Admin 2 nodded. "Yeah. Same. We have the resources, it would be a waste to not use them."

"They aren't a resource," 1 said. "They're…"

"They're bored," 5 said softly. "We can ask if anyone wants to help, and offer no reward. If someone volunteers, fine. Give them an office on Floor 1 and a deadline and see what happens. If no one volunteers, at least those in favor of this plan will have tried. Is that acceptable to everyone?"

Everyone voiced their approval.

Admin 3 smirked. "We could ask if there are any plant people willing to make plants for us, too."

"Or make ours better," 4 agreed.

"I second that motion," 6 said.

"Anything else?" 5 asked, faking exasperation. "I'm proud of my rivers, no one's touching them. And we all know geology, right?"

"A couple universities got taken out," 2 said. "We could look through the courses and see if the professors of anything relevant are players."

"We could get law professors to write a few law books for us," 1 suggested, getting into the spirit.

"And theologists to write a new religion or two," 6 added.

Admin 3 pulled up a message box. "Will we write our own announcements, or send the same one to everyone?"

"We should send the same one to everyone," 1 said. "That way at least we'll be on the same page. Administrator 6, I vote you have the honor of writing."

Admin 6 accepted, trying to hide his disappointment.

13