Those Fleeting Days
97 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lazing around is perhaps one of the worst and best things to do. For one thing, you’re wasting your life away, but also it’s rather relaxing to sit down and not have any worries. However, there always comes the point when you’re bombarded by random thoughts about the “what ifs” of society. Today happened to be a day I was lazing around without much thought. Nephy was lying beside me nodding off into the world of sleep.

It was a very hot summer day and we didn’t feel like doing much for the day. After all, we felt so weak that we couldn’t even step outside without slouching and exaggeratingly fainting. These were the days when it was nice to keep the AC running and lay down underneath it. Naturally, this was expensive, but it was worth the price I would have to pay in the bills. Lucky for the rest of the world, today would be a day when no one died.

We rolled around on the cool wooden floor and occasionally put on some anime to watch while we did absolutely nothing. What purpose was there to live other than this perfectly nice way of spending time. I would guess that this would get boring over time, just like eating the same food over and over, but for now, I would enjoy it to the greatest extent.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine… was I counting hours or sheep, I didn't even know anymore. Time had probably flown by but I couldn’t be bothered to check in this extremely hot weather. Dawn, morning, noon, afternoon, dusk, and even evening passed in the blink of an eye. Nephy and I were both sweating so we did it in the showers where we had installed our new bar to hold on to… to prevent slipping of course - nothing else. We got out and got prepared to go to bed. We threw off the bedsheets because that was too hot itself and got on the bed. We tried to sleep for a few minutes, but Nephy was clearly frustrated with how hot it was considering she was stabbing through the bed after several minutes of lying down. I too had gotten itchy after a few minutes from how uncomfortable it had been.

Next, we tried the sofas, but that too got warm too quickly. We had bought a new house, but what use was it if we couldn’t even get a good night's sleep out of it. Finally, we went back to where we had started - the cold, hard wooden floor that made me as flimsy as slime. I had practically melted onto the floor and the only thing we brought was a pillow as well as a very thin blanket. Even though it was hot, we slept close to each other, holding hands to at least get some physical contact while we slept. We fell asleep quickly after - this cycle continued for several days until autumn finally arrived.

 

P.S. I listened to some calming anime ost while writing this so that may explain why it was so mild. 

1