Chapter 9
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose looked up in surprise and found that it was Ryder, "Sorry to keep you waiting for so long." Ryder carried on.

"Is this your boyfriend you were talking about?" Gregg asked in an irritated tone, and Rose wondered if he was jealous.

"Yes I am, my name is Ryder." Ryder removed the arm that was draped around her and he extended his hand towards Gregg who took it reluctantly.

After he had exchanged greetings with Gregg, Rose watched as he extended his hand towards Anna. Who took it and he kissed it as they exchanged greetings.

Anna blushed at Ryder's gesture and Rose was surprised that she could act this way in front of Gregg, she was very interested in Ryder and flustered by his looks.

"How long have you been together for?" Gregg asked.

"A few months." Rose jumped in as she knew that Ryder did not know the time frame of her relationship with Gregg.

Gregg nodded, "Are you two serious?"

"I am willing to marry her on the spot but that's up to her. Anytime she is ready, I am. Who would leave a woman such as her." Ryder replied smoothly.

Rose was even surprised that he knew how to play the role so well that when she stole a glance at Gregg he seemed to be fuming and Anna seemed to be drooling over Ryder.

"So why did you pick her?" Anna asked out of the blue and that confirmed her suspicion all along that she was smitten with Ryder.

"The question should be why not her? And to think about it, even more, I was lucky to be picked by her. I don't plan on ever letting her go." Ryder replied swiftly.

Anna just shrugged her shoulders, and Rose knew now clearly that the only reason they had wanted to see her was to rub their relationship in front of her eyes which they had alright but she could not let them see that. She had to leave with her dignity intact.

She would let it all out when she got back to their place as for now she had to fight the urge to burst out. Why had Gregg done this to her?

Wasn't it enough that he had moved on from her by making lousy excuses, which means he had wanted Anna whilst they were in a relationship?

"Love?"

"Yes?" Rose replied to Ryder as she was pulled out of her thoughts.

"I said we should head back home," Ryder replied.

Gregg's mouth stiffened into a straight line, "You live together."

"Yeah," Rose replied.

Gregg laughed in disbelief, "I never thought you had it in you."

"You can't possibly think that I wouldn't move on, we weren't compatible," Rose replied carelessly so that Gregg would get the impression that she did not care and by the looks of it, Gregg had gotten the memo as he seemed to be hurt by her words but there was something else in his eyes, there was anger and rage.

Rose got up and straightened her clothes, "We better get going we are running late."

Rose paid her tab and they walked out, "Where did you park."

"Over there." Ryder pointed close by and she saw Anna's face be filled with a huge surprise,

"That is your car?" Anna asked

"Yes, it is." Ryder replied.

"Nice seeing you Gregg and meeting you Anna," said Rose.

"Likewise," Gregg replied and Anna just nodded.

Ryder and she walked to his car, and he opened the door for her and she climbed in. Rose could see Gregg and Anna watching them like hawks until they pulled off and sped away.

A/N: Early access to Chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

0