Chapter 11
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose was fully drenched, and she was happy for the rain as her tears slipped unnoticed, she tried to get up again but this time it was impossible yet again.

Her energy was truly depleted and she drooped to the ground. She felt arms go around her and Ryder stood up with her in his arms in one swift movement.

Rose didn't say anything as she felt numb, and when they got to the living room he set her down and he left. A few minutes later he returned with a towel that he draped it around her.

He disappeared again and came back with a mug in his hand and he handed it to her. Rose took it shakily and when she gulped down the first sip it was very hot and she burnt herself.

"Easy, it's hot," said Ryder as he took the mug from her and set it on the table.

Rose got up slowly and some of her strength had returned but when she took a step she felt so much pain from exercising her muscles too much. When she took another, she stumbled and fell.

Ryder was next to her in an instant, he picked her up gently and went up the stairs with her to her room. He set her down on her bed and with that, he went out and closed her door.

It took more than an hour for Rose to move in the position that she was in, she ended up just falling back in a cradling position and she bought her knees up to her chest.

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, when she woke up the next morning her muscles were tense, and she knew she needed a shower.

Her throat felt sore and she knew it was sleeping in the wet clothes. After a good forty-five minutes of soaking underneath the shower and letting the water pelt her, Rose got out, and dried her hair.

She put on comfy sweat pants and a shirt topped with a sweater and some socks. She had to try to get better before Monday when it was back to work.

She went downstairs and went into the kitchen. She made some hot lemon-ginger water. And she took some oranges to eat and went to the deck and sat by the chairs.

She needed the sun, and it felt good on her skin. She drank the water slowly, and she felt way much better physically and emotionally.

"Are you feeling better?"

Rose turned a bit and found Ryder standing next to her,

"Yeah, thanks for help yesterday."

"It's a pleasure, and I see you got a bad throat there," Ryder replied as he pulled back one of the porch chairs and also sat down.

"Yeah probably from last night."

Ryder nodded, "You really care about him."

Rose nodded, "The keyword would be cared, it's time I moved on completely."

"I think you need someone completely different from Gregg, a new experience would do you good."

"I think that I am done with men "

"Never say never" Ryder replied

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

0