Chapter 12
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Monday morning came and Rose felt a bit rested after she had made peace with Gregg. She got to her lecture room and she taught the students the best that she could.

When it was time for lunch Rose walked down the hallway and she spotted Ryder waving at her, he was standing with his friends. Rose waved back and she turned when she heard someone else calling her.

"Morning mam."

"Morning is everything okay?" Rose replied.

"Yes, mam I wanted to give you this." The boy replied, and she recognized him from one of her classes.

Rose saw that it was a gift bag, "What is it?"

"It's something to help you through the day." the boy replied.

Rose smiled, "You don't have to you know."

"I insist mam."

Rose nodded, and took it, "Thank you then."

"You are welcome." The boy scurried away.

Rose turned and went her way. When the day was over Rose finished prepping some things for the following day and she decided that it was time for her to go home.

When she arrived at their place, she went to her room and changed clothes to something more comfortable. She went downstairs to get something to drink when she found Ryder in the living room.

"You are here."

"Yeah, got here a while ago," Ryder replied.

Rose nodded and she went to the refrigerator to get something to drink, she heard Ryder come into the kitchen.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"It was as good as it can get," Rose replied.

"Because of the gift?" Ryder asked.

Rose was a bit surprised at the change of his tone, "What?"

"I saw you receiving a gift today when I waved at you remember," Ryder replied.

"Oh that, yeah what a sweet boy."

Ryder's jaw clenched, "So you liked it?"

"I'm not sure yet, I haven't opened the box yet. So I will know when I see what's inside."

Ryder nodded, "So you must like gifts."

"Not really, it is the thought behind the gift that matters. That someone just extends gratitude towards you is very heartwarming."

Ryder walked up to her until he was in front of her and his hand touched her cheek, and Rose wondered what he was doing.

"Ryder are you okay."

Ryder felt her face a bit more, "That's great then." he pulled his hand back.

"What's great?" Rose asked confused.

Ryder smiled, "Nothing."

Rose shook her head, "Maybe you should get checked up, just in case."

"Maybe you could check me," Ryder replied.

Rose rolled her eyes, went to the porch, and sat outside. She wanted some fresh air and a bit of time to relax. Ryder came a few seconds later and sat down too.

"Are you that lonely? Don't you have friends to keep you company or to hang out with?" Rose asked.

"I do," Ryder replied.

"And then?"

"I enjoy your company," Ryder replied softly.

"What's fun for you about sitting outside and doing nothing?"

"I just want to be close to you," Ryder replied earnestly.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

0