Chapter 3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two fighters started to take their respective positions about 12 meters apart.

Frans prepared her stance, gripping her right hand firmly in line with the chest position, while Frans left hand was left unraveled, followed by her arms forming an 80° angle diagonally from top right to bottom left. The left heel does not touch the ground but is left raised about four centimeters, but Frans right foot is not parallel to her —feet— brother's, which is 15 cm behind and stands horizontally so that Frans fingers are facing to the right. Ui has also returned to the face of Frans because her employer ordered him to.

The one who became Frans opponent did not participate in preparing the stance when Frans did it but instead witnessed Frans movements that Frans made for almost ten seconds, then the woman nodded twice while closing her eyes after Frans finished her stance. Soon a shield appeared hanging from the woman's right hand, she bent her body slightly to adjust the foundation of her defense.

"So you chose to play defensively against me, a wise choice." Without losing her stance now, Frans praised her opponent's decision while grinning slightly.

The woman lowered her shield slightly so that her face could be seen by Frans. "Of course." No less confident, the woman parted her loose hair in response to the praise given by Frans at this time.

Frans didn't launch an attack right away, but thought of something when she realized the shield that appeared from her opponent's side was a power that came from her opponent's Spirit — who knows what it was.

'Ui, share your strength please.'

'Lazy, just fight lightly.'

'Bruh.'

'Besides, since I was there, my master's body has improved significantly, really.'

'Ha? But I don't feel anything.'

'Just try there.'

'K.'

Not getting a satisfactory answer, Frans could only take a deep breath and looked enviously at the black shield once again.

Three seconds of time was enough to focus energy on the tip of Frans left foot which Frans immediately released after that along with her entire body being ejected, it only took less than four seconds for Frans and her opponent to stay 75 cm apart as Frans braked her run with one of her feet hitting the ground. Crow and rotate the right leg to the right for balance.

Frans opponent gasped at the fact that Frans speed was above average, she even had the reflex to jump backwards which extended their distance by about 20 cm.

"Well, stay away." Frans mumbled. By narrowing her eyes, Frans planned to repulse her opponent's shield with her foot.

'Hey.' Ui interrupted, as if he didn't agree with Frans's thoughts. 'Why did you attack the shield?' With her current speed Frans could sneak up to the woman's back and attack her weak point without even having a chance to raise her shield, that was what was going on in Ui's mind right now which Frans of course could also hear.

'I'm just testing his resistance to my kicks, anyways if she doesn't fall I can hit him in the head,' Frans replied confidently with a decision that she thought was ripe.

'Hhhh- leave it to you.' Frans bent his body and was ready to dash to take down her opponent by drawing her right leg with all her might into the shield that was being shielded against Frans by the opponent.

The sound of a loud bang stung the ears of the two fighters, Frans' opponent even tried not to be knocked down by Frans' straight kick as a result made her retreat a few centimeters along with the ground that the woman stepped on. However, there was something odd this time, Frans right leg was firmly attached as if it had been glued with Korean adhesive. 'Haha stupid.' In such a state, Ui occasionally mocks his master which makes Frans' face turn black for a moment.

The shield was very firm in Frans opponent's grip because it didn't move at all when she tried her best to untie the bonds between his legs and the opponent's shield.

"Bwahaha." The woman then laughed out loud when she saw that her absurd plan had worked.

"I won't let go of your feet before big sis admits to losing to me." The woman smirked after seven seconds wasted just laughing at the ridiculousness of her idol.

'Idiot.' Ui tried to tease her employer who was once again looking down at her arrogant attitude.

'I didn't know the shield had glue like this huhu.' Frans answered her Spirit's taunt.

Frans opened her eyes, nodded in agreement that she was officially surrendered. Cherril also applauded seeing the cool actions of the two, but what Frans feels right now is that Cherril is so good at sarcasm.

The glue that had haunted Frans's legs finally disappeared and Frans' right leg was able to be close to his brother again.

Before long, the shield that the woman was holding in front of Frans faded and disappeared into the night wind. "Hmm that's pretty good, even though it's only one hit. The points can buy new abilities." The woman nodded as she looked up at the night sky.

"Points? Ability? What do you mean?" Frans was curious about the chatter of a woman who was squeezing the air as if there was a sophisticated computer that could be commanded by touch.

The woman didn't immediately reply to Frans's question until she had finished her work, "So, you really are blind to Demedia? It's too bad that your Spirit acts a lot, doesn't explain this." The woman looked back at Frans, this time more sharply and moved her face a few centimeters.

"Ho Oh, I've been asking anything, he's too lazy to answer, that Hyenas are brat," Frans said sullenly. Meanwhile, what was meant was only giggling in Frans' mind.

"But even without Active Ability, you have been given twice the speed of yourself , it seems that your Spirit is blessed with Passive Ability throughout your body, luckily my shield is advanced, so I didn't get thrown." The woman analyzed Frans movements during her duel a while ago, Frans was quite confident in the analysis even though Frans still didn't understand about Active Ability and Passive Ability.

"Since we have agreed to form a team, it's best if you register your name on the green board there," said that woman with enthusiasm and led the way, followed by Frans and Cherril in the back row.

It took 25 seconds to arrive at the board, according to the woman who had humiliated Frans, the board served to enter their data as a team so that each mission they completed would be divided equally as well as the Points earned when fighting. First, they had to decide on a team name, Frans carelessly said 'Anyway'.

'Anyway team has been formed, please enter your personal data on the registration board.' The voice came from the minds of the three of them. The woman in front of Frans then slapped Frans head in annoyance while Cherril laughed softly while covering her mouth.

"How do I know the system here is too sophisticated, so the name of our team is a joke." Frans reasoned to her two friends.

"Nah, not our team, but you," said the woman in front of Frans, who is now entering her personal data into the green board.

Name: Verve Xavier

Spirit Name: Night

Spirit Type: Natura

Spirit Type: Guardian

0