Master!? (4)
5.5k 15 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh? What's going on?" murmured Gray as he woke up and found a naked Tesse lying on the floor, her body covered in bruises and her breathing irregular.

'Must've been getting raped before I came here. Some people are just unlucky I guess, at least she's still alive,' thought Gray as he was about to leave, but then.

"This doesn't make sense," whispered Gray with a confused expression on his face. He was examining his injuries and realized that they had completely healed.

"And how come I don't feel nauseous anymore? No matter how you look at it, blood doesn't just replenish after a single nap,"

Gray had no idea that he had been unconscious for barely a minute, however, his fast recovery was still flabbergasting.

'Was it her? No, but look at her. If she had a healing ability then why would she still be in this state? And why would she help me?' thought Gray as he stared at the unconscious Tesse.

"Oi, you. Wake up," said Gray as he poked at Tesse's unconscious body with his finger.

"H-huh?" murmured Tesse, her voice barely a whisper.

'She's weak, no way she has a healing ability,'

"What ability do you have?" asked Gray with a quizzical expression, he didn't care too much to waste time by beating around the bush and just asked her directly. If she refused to answer he would just kill her and check whether or not she really had a healing ability.

Afterall a healing ability was the best thing that Gray could've hoped for, with this he would be able to cast blood weapons without worrying about passing out, he would basically become a moving weapon.

"Oi didn't you hear me? I asked what ability you have? No matter how I look at it, all my injuries are gone, and you're the only one here. So tell me, do you have a healing ability or not?"

"T-thank you," croaked Tesse, Gray had to come closer to her mouth just to make out what she was saying.

'Thank you? Is she thanking me for killing the goblins? I see, it all makes sense now. She healed me out of gratitude for saving her, however, this doesn't explain why she's still in this state. If she really has a healing ability then why hasn't she replenished her strength, unless...

"Is this the side effect of using your ability?" as Gray asked this, he realized that Tesse's eyes were fixated on his the entire time. She hadn't blinked even once since she woke up, which gave him an eery feeling.

Tesse nodded her head, confirming Gray's suspicions.

'What's the use of healing myself if this is the side effect? Sigh, well it wouldn't be fun if everything was too easy anyway,' thought Gray as he stood up and walked towards the tunnel opening.

"W-where?" croaked Tesse, her voice barely audible even though it echoed throughout the entire encampment.

"Are you asking me where I'm going?" asked Gray

Tesse nodded her head in confirmation.

"To go have fun ofcourse. There are still goblins to be had."

"T-take me with," replied Tesse with a dry, coarse voice, as she tried to stand up, but fell back down as she was unable to carry her own weight.

"And why would I do that? You hold no worth to me, and even if you did, you're in no state to be fighting. Why would I risk my life and bring you along?" asked Gray, his tone made it seem as if he were asking this as a genuine question.

"I-I ... heal you. I-I will s-serve... forever, to k-keep t-the promise," replied Tesse, her voice but a whisper and her speech incoherent.

'Serve? Has she gone mad due to trauma? I don't have time for this,' thought Gray as he walked back to Tesse.

"Heal me? Serve me? In this state?" laughed Gray, his voice booming throughout the encampment.

"You know if I were any other person, I would've taken advantage of this situation. A defenseless, pretty girl is lying naked right next to me, anyone else would've had their way with you," laughed Gray as he played with Tesse's white hair in between his fingers.

"But the thing is, I have no interest in satisfying desires like those. Right now my only desire is to have fun in slaughter, and this slaughter is not limited to monsters, humans are fun to slaughter too," said Gray as he dropped her hair and made a blood sword.

"T-this b-body .. yours. D-do as y-you p-please," replied Tesse as Gray held the tip of his sword to her throat.

'So I guess she wasn't just lying so that she could escape using my help. If she's willing to let herself be killed without asking for mercy then she really has forfeited her life. Though I wonder if it would be wise to walk around with an unstable lunatic like her,' thought Gray. (AN: Lol kettle meet pot)

Gray was certain that Tesse was saying all this just to escape. But now that he had confirmed that this wasn't the case he was conflicted.

'If I take her with me, I would be able to heal myself each time my blood reserves are running low, without taking on the side effects myself. Her unstable mind could work well to my advantage as she won't question her overuse'

'The problem now is how to get her out of here. There's no way I can carry her around like this, and the way things look, she'll probably die if she uses her abilities again,' thought Gray as he stared at Tesse.

Tesse's eyes were blank, they stared at Gray as if he were the only thing in the world, this still gave him the chills.

"Hmm, if you're going to serve me then you have to make a pledge." smiled Gray

'I'm not against manipulating mentally unfit people,'

"To never disobey. To never question. To risk your life to save mine, to accept death in my place. To treat me as if I were your god. And if you ever break any of these rules, you accept death by my hands. And trust me, these goblins are fruit flies compared to me," smiled Gray as he told Tesse his conditions.

Tesse seemed to hesitate for a second, but then quickly replied, "I a-accept. I shall s-serve with e-every last o-ounce of strength. T-to repay t-the debt of l-life I w-will gladly g-give mine when the t-time c-comes. T-to t-treat y-you a-as a g-god, and s-serve without q-question, to a-accept death by y-your hand w-when y-you see f-fit." croaked Tesse in response.

"Then it's a deal," smiled Gray.

'Today I got a new play toy. She's a bit broken, but once she's fixed up she will help amplify my fun' laughed Gray inwardly.

122