Master meets Master (1)
4.9k 7 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Just wait till I get my hands on those information guild bastards," grunted Judith before falling to her knees in exhaustion.

"I don't think you're going to be able to do anything in that state. However you're right, somebody's gotta pay," added sister Eleanor, sweat still dripping down her face as she breathed heavily.

'We lost nearly all our forces during this battle. The sister, Judith, and the Quincy Captain are the only survivors from their attack forces, and I only have one member left in mine. Sure the Daybreak guild got out of this with the least damage, but I'd say that the Quincy guild made the biggest profit out of all this,' thought Agent Ria

"So how are we gonna split the summon? Surely you don't believe that you contributed enough to deserve it alone," asked sister Eleanor once she had caught her breath.

'This is dangerous' thought Duarte as he watched sister Eleanor size up to the taller Quincy Captain.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" asked the Quincy Captain, looking down on sister Eleanor as if he would kill her at any second.

"What's with that look. All I'm saying is that without my plan none of us would have made it out of there alive, and I'd say that I contributed just as much as you did,"

"The summon was rewarded to me by the system, meaning it recognized me as the top contributor. Unless you want to start a fight here and now I suggest you stop your pestering. And remember, your precious Michael is probably still on cooldown, whereas my Skeletal Warrior is still itching to fight," warned the Quincy Captain, his eyes glowing green as he threatened to summon the skeletal knight.

'Fuck! I forgot he's a summoner as well, he probably knows that summons have a massive cooldown time,'

"And what about the rest of you? Are you just going to let him have it for himself?" asked sister Eleanor to the rest of the captains as she realized she couldn't take him on alone.

"We've already lost enough people as it is. Even though we all equally contributed to this win, we can't refute that the system gave him the summon, meaning it recognized him as the top contributor." mediated Duarte, trying to stop more blood from being shed.

"Anyways it's not like this was a complete loss. We all got artifacts and Arcanian points in compensation for our efforts. I say we go home happy that we even managed to get out of this alive," added Agent Ria, realizing that without her lightning she was at threat of dying if there was a scuffle.

"Pfft, cowards. This isn't over," said sister Eleanor as she walked away, leaving the rest of the survivors in front of the portal.

"Now that I think about it, how come the portal didn't disappear?" asked one of the survivors of the Daybreak guild.

"He said to challenge him again once we are ready. My guess is that it's a linked ruin, maybe the ruin's difficulty will increase until eventually the General is killed. Although that's just my guess," said Agent Ria before a black, tinted limousine with a government plate number appeared.

"Anyways it was a pleasure working with you all. I hope that the government can create a long-lasting bond with all your guilds, here's my contact information in case you ever want to discuss some sort of alliance," said Agent Ria, handing business cards to all the captains present before leaving in the limousine.

"Ye, I'm out too. Let's go guys," said Duarte before he and his team left.

Another black limousine appeared, but this one had a private number plate. The Quincy Captain entered it without so much as looking back at Judith and left.

"Bastard," grunted Judith before picking herself up and staggering away from the portal.

"Master isn't going to be too happy about this," whispered a brown hooded figure from behind a wall.

***

"What! Impossible, there's no way that they completed an E-Difficulty ruin, no one has even completed an F-difficulty ruin yet!" shouted the master of the information guild from atop his throne, once his subordinate told him of what he saw.

"It's the truth master, they lost most of their attack force, however, all the captains were still alive when they left. And I heard something about the Quincy Captain getting a new summon, it must've been really powerful since the representative of the church was willing to start a fight over it,"

"What! So not only did they not die, but we also managed to hand over a summon to the Quincy guild! Fuck! Someon-" the master's ranting was interrupted when another hooded figure walked into the dark hall and bowed to the master.

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy,"

"Master, a person fitting the description of the first tower clearer has just entered the building,"

"Huh? Are you sure?"

"Yes master, he's being accompanied by a girl with white hair carrying a blood-red weapon," replied the hooded figure.

"Very well then. It seems I've been given a second chance, if I couldn't get rid of the other guild captains then I'll just have to take the first tower clearer for myself. That or I'll send him to his deathbed." said the master with a smile on his face.

"Tell him I wish to see him," ordered the master.

"Very well master," said the hooded figure before bowing again and leaving the hall.

***

'It seems that this is a rather large group. So far I've counted more than fifty brown hooded figures in this building,' thought Gray as he stood in a queue in the library, waiting for his turn to speak to the information clerk.

'But what I don't understand is why all these people are staring at us,'

The second Gray and Tesse entered the library, all eyes were on them. Rumors had spread about how a boy with jet black hair, together with a white-haired girl wielding blood-red weapons had been responsible for clearing the first ever tower floor.

"You guys seriously believe those rumors? And even if they were true, there's no way it's them," whispered a few people standing behind Gray in the queue.

"I'm telling you man, it's him. I saw him leave the tower with me own eyes," replied one of the men standing next to the first.

"Then the brat's gots to be loaded with Arcanian points," said another one of the men standing behind Gray, with a greedy look on his face.

94