Booksmart
4.4k 8 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This bastard. He doesn't have any gemstones and wants to test things using mine. However what choice do I have?' thought Gray as he handed most of the gemstones he had in his possession to the subordinate that the Master had sent to collect them.

'But of course, there's no way I'm handing over all of them,' smiled Gray as he made his way towards the door.

"Oh, I forgot to ask. Does this library actually still function as a library?" asked Gray, stopping at the door as he waited for the Master's response.

"Yes it does. What books are you looking to borrow?"  replied the Master.

"I want every book you guys have on modern firearms, martial arts, and weaponry,"

"Very well then. Please get the books that he has requested for," said the Master, gesturing for one of the subordinate's behind him to search for the books Gray was interested in.

'So it seems he has to have knowledge of a weapon before he can create it huh? Interesting to note' thought the Master as he analyzed Gray's reasons for borrowing those specific books.

'Even if he becomes aware of the requirements for my power. It means nothing if I can always steal a new one,' thought Gray with a smile on his face as he followed the subordinate to collect the books he had requested for.

"Here they are. This is everything of relevance we currently have on the topics you requested. Most of the other books were stolen, or spoilt due to the ruffians who occupied this building before us," said the subordinate as he stacked all the books Gray had asked for on the counter.

There were nearly thirty different books, piled so high that Gray had to crane his neck to see the top of the stack.

"Thank you for the help," said Gray before creating a tower shield to carry all the books in.

"Did you see that?"

"Yeah, did he just create that out of thin air?" murmured some of the people in the library once they saw the tower shield take form.

"Place the books on the tower shield and drag it along quickly, we have to do some training before the raid," said Gray, gesturing for Tesse to put the books in the tower shield he had created.

"Is he really making that girl do his work for him?" murmured some of the men in the library before one of them approached the two.

"Hey pretty, why don't you come with me. I'm sure I can treat you better than th-" before the men could even finish what he was about to say Tesse stuffed the crimson red pistol that she had been given into the man's mouth.

"If you so much as speak a word about the master, I'll paint the floor red with your brains," said Tesse, a cold expression on her face as she did this.

'She's becoming more lively lately,' laughed Gray as he saw the 1.68-meter girl threaten a man almost twice her size.

The man raised his hands shaking, a tear nearly dropping from his eye as he stared in awe at the gun currently in his mouth.

"Mffpph ffprppr" muffled the man, begging for his life.

Tesse pulled the gun out of his mouth, wiping the saliva off on his shirt before placing it back in the waist of her trousers. She then turned back to continue her work as if nothing had happened.

The man walked away slowly, promising himself that he would never try picking up girls with white hair again.

"Crazy," murmured the people in the library, from that day a rumor about a lunatic white-haired girl spread across half the town. Not that anyone paid it much mind though, nearly everyone was a lunatic lately.

***

The two made it home relatively quickly. With the strength and agility elixirs that Tesse had taken she managed to carry the books without much problem.

'But still, I need to decide on what power I'll be stealing next. Since I only have three slots open I have to choose carefully,' thought Gray as he slouched down on the living room couch.

"Master I'll prepare something for you to eat right away," said Tesse as she carried the last of the books into the living room.

"Yeah sure. Go rest right after eating, we'll be training for the remaining two days till the ruin raid. There's no telling what we might have to face," ordered Gray before Tesse left to prepare food in the kitchen.

'Ahh, I forgot about the Arcanian points I collected from the dungeon I raided earlier,' remembered Gray as he opened the item shop.

'Only 1000 Arcanian points as the main contributor? Sigh, well I guess the guns and staff were well worth it,' thought Gray as he picked out an agility elixir and drank it.

'Now to read on some more guns to widen my arsenal,' smiled Gray hysterically as he picked out a book on modern firearms.

'Oh, this one looks good. Barrett M82A1, god bless America, you guys created something interesting,' smiled Gray as he looked at the schematics of the massive sniper rifle.

'Wait, no way. I never knew rifles could get this big' Gray's smile now covered his entire face as he saw the rifle listed right below the Barret, it was a Solothurn s18-1000, an anti-tank rifle.

Gray's blood rushed as he read their specs, nearly giving him an erection.

'Even big monsters will flee in front of this thing. I'll paint the world in guts and blood, oh what a wonderful world.' thought Gray happily as he began memorizing the schematics of all the guns that piqued his interest.

86