White Huntress (1)
4.1k 4 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'It seems I'll have to go alone' thought Tesse as she picked up her sniper rifle and stared at the unconscious Gray lying on his bed.

Although she didn't need sleep due to her healing ability, she still felt exhausted. Bags had formed under her eyes due to all the anxiety she had faced throughout the night caring for Gray.

"I'll finish the mission and come back as fast as I can. Just wait for me master," whispered Tesse before healing Gray once more, and kissing him on the forehead.

'I wonder if he has extra magazines,' wondered Tesse as she walked to the living room and looked through the pile of incomplete guns that Gray had left.

'Ahh, here they are,' thought Tesse, picking up the .50 caliber ammunition that was buried in the pile of guns. As she was getting up she noticed a crimson red pistol on the shelf of the closet right next to her.

'I'll borrow this too. Forgive me master, I'm not as strong as you, I need all the weapons I can get.' thought Tesse, before grabbing it and looking at the clock.

"18:30, better get going," whispered Tesse before walking out the door.

***

"Drink these, they are special elixirs that our research team has come up with. They haven't been tested extensively yet, but have been approved for use in the field," said Ria as she handed Clare and Suzzie two blue elixirs each.

"L-like the one's in the item shop?" asked Clare as Ria started the HUMV they were in.

"No, not exactly. These elixirs aren't as effective as the ones in the item shop. Our researchers tried examining the item shop elixirs but the compounds they're made off are unlike anything we've ever seen before."

"These on the other hand are made from known substances but have the downside of being 70% less effective. The one upside is that they increase agility, strength, and stamina stats simultaneously" said Agent Ria as she reversed out of the garage.

"K-known substances? So does that mean you guys can produce as many as you want?" asked Clare, trying to hide her enthusiasm, however, it was blatantly clear that she was excited at the premise of such a thing.

"Y-yes we can. However, it's been reported that taking more than two a day has grievous consequences. An agent of ours thought he could get into the Thanatos division by consuming large quantities of it, but we had to scrape him off the walls after his little drinking party."

"So whatever thoughts you may have, dash them off right now," said Ria sternly as she stepped on the pedal, zipping through the empty streets.

'But still, two elixirs a day with 30% efficiency isn't that bad. And if what this bitch says about them having the properties of agility, strength, and stamina elixirs then joining this joke of a government wasn't such a bad idea .' thought Clare as she stared out the window.

"Can I give mine to Mommy and Daddy, they said I shouldn't drink things that I don't know," said Suzzie in her cute voice.

"I'm not sure if tha-" Ria was about to say before she thought about it better.

"Sure you can."

'If her Mommy and Daddy are summons like I think they are, it would be worthwhile to test whether elixirs can be used on summons as well.'

***

"Where are Gray and white? It's almost time," complained Arena as she and the other raid party members waited outside the portal for the rest of the squad to arrive.

"Look, if they aren't here in the next 5 minutes we'll just have to go on without th-" the thin, black-haired man who was talking was interrupted by the sound of a heavy vehicle approaching.

"Is that them?" asked Arena.

"I don't know,"

"Sorry we're late," said Ria as she stepped out of her vehicle, prompting Arena to growl in anger.

"I knew that kid was useless," whispered Arena before turning towards the portal.

"Why did they bring a kid here?" whispered some of the raid party members as Suzzie struggled to get out of the vehicle.

"Whatever man, who they chose the bring is their problem. Just focus on the mission," whispered another one of their comrades.

"If it isn't Thor. And what's this? Did you bring your daughter along?" asked a familiar voice.

"Judith Esparza, it seems your captain has a habit of never showing up to important events," replied Ria as she stared at the smug Judith.

"The Riot guild doesn't need to bother its captain with a mere ruin raid. He's too busy clearing the tower floors, you know how it goes. Pfft sorry I forgot, from what I've heard you guys just cleared the second floor recently," said Judith, her grin becoming wider.

"A mere ruin raid almost killed you last time, or have you forgotten how you begged us to complete the raid quickly so that you wouldn't be mauled by skeletal soldiers," replied Ria, wiping Judith's smug grin off her face.

"You litt-" Judith was about to say before Tesse appeared carrying a crimson red sniper rifle on her shoulder and a pistol on her waist.

'Isn't that the girl who accompanies the first floor clearer.' thought Ria as she remembered Tesse's face from the last time they had met.

"Who's she? Is she one of yours?" asked Judith as she turned to the Hapheastus party leader.

"N-no," replied the thin man with black hair.

"She's one of ours," said Amos before looking at Tesse with a confused expression.

'Wait don't tell me,'

"Is he working for the information guild? The boy, the one with black hair, where is he?" asked Agent Ria approaching Tesse.

"Enough, we're going in without him," said Arena before walking through the portal.

'Someone's still angry that The master likes Gray over her,' laughed Amos inwardly as he followed closely behind, prompting everyone else to enter the portal as well.

"Please refrain from touching me," said Tesse as she removed Ria's hand from her shoulder with the barrel of her pistol.

'Great, more crazies,' thought Clare as she looked at Tesse's cold lifeless eyes.

63