White Huntress (4)
3.7k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bottle containing the purple liquid smashed to the ground, sending shards of glass flying everywhere as the liquid spread onto the dirty blood-stained floor.

'I swear once I'm out of here I'll get my revenge. I'll kill every single last one of these bastards,' thought the blue-haired girl as she slurped the spilled liquid off the ground vigorously, making sure to avoid the shards of glass not to cut herself.

'If it wasn't for my ability I would've long forgotten who I am, who I was, and the people who did this to me.' thought the blue-haired girl as she continued to force the nasty tasting liquid down her throat.

'If only I had a map of some sort, then I could plan my massacre. But now who knows how many corridors there are, or if there are any other floors besides this one,' thought Gray, folding his hands together as he stared at the ceiling in thought.

'But still. I've never seen someone so young here. He looks to be about my age, however, his appearance is peculiar,' thought the blue-haired girl as she tried to get a look at Gray without arousing suspicion.

'Well, might as well start building my arsenal, there's no way I'm backing out now," smiled Gray as he created a blood dagger in his right hand before placing it in one of the chest slots on his suit.

'H-he just created a dagger out of blood?' thought the blue-haired girl nervously, trying her best to act as if she were really drugged.

After Gray had created the dagger he just sat there in silence, staring at the ceiling with a sadistic smile on his face.

"So how long do you plan on acting? I have to say you nearly got me there," whispered Gray as he created a short sword and placed it in the waist slot of his suit.

The blue-haired girl remained silent. her eyes seemingly lost in nothingness as she stood on all fours, vigorously slurping up the liquid that had spilled on the ground.

"So you won't answer me?" asked Gray as he stood up from where he was sitting and slowly approached the blue-haired girl.

"Since you started you've been avoiding that bloodstain on the floor," said Gray, pointing to a red stain on the floor underneath the girl as she slurped off more of the liquid.

"Now why would a druggy care whether her drugs were on clean ground or not? Perhaps it was a coincidence, maybe she would get to it, I thought," continued Gray, crouching down to look at the girl in the eye.

The whole time she never once stopped or reacted to Gray, she continued slurping the liquid on the floor as if her life depended on it.

"Then I thought, surely she will cut her lips if she continues to drink this," said Gray, picking up a shard of glass from the purple mess.

"But no, not a drop of blood on you. Now why would that be you wonder? Perhaps she isn't really drugged," said Gray, grabbing the girl by the chin and turning her towards him.

***

The Hephaestus guild was now down to half their original number. Headless corpses lay sprawled on the floor, while the remaining members breathed heavily, both out of fear and exhaustion.

'How can this be?' thought the leader of the party as he constantly turned his head, looking to see where the beast would come from next.

His summon had chunks of metal missing from its torso, and its neck had a huge chink in it as if something had tried to take a bite out of it.

"Frederick we have to get out of here. Hunting this thing is suicide, if you can even call this hunting," said a blonde-haired girl wearing brown engineering overalls.

"Mackenzie, you're still alive?" asked the leader, as if he were finally brought out of a daze.

'He can't keep this up. The death of all our comrades is weighing down on his mind,' thought Mackenzie as she looked at her captain with concern.

"Everyone fall back on my mark," announced Mackenzie as she removed a handful of metal pieces from the sling bag she was carrying and crushed it in her hands.

"Flashbang! Now!" shouted Mackenzie, throwing a spherical object similar to a grenade towards the dark forest in front of them.

Some of the members foolish enough to look at the flashbang shit themselves from the horror they had witnessed.

Although it was just for a split second, they saw it. A red beast two times their size, with bottom canines so large they protruded from its mouth. The beast wore a black suit, however, it was stained red by the blood of their fallen comrades.

The beast wore a necklace made from the heads of those it had killed, and the sound it made once the flashbang had exploded was akin to a wild boar screaming in pain.

As most of the party members retreated, the few that had been affected by the flashbang shouted the same thing over and over again as they rolled on the ground in pain.

"We're doomed," they all said.

Mackenzie grabbed Frederick, running away as fast as she could.

The whole time Tesse had been watching, she too had seen the beast. For the first time since the goblin cave, fear overcame her.

Luckily for her, she had a healing ability, allowing her to instantly fix her vision once the flashbang took effect.

As she hid behind a tree holding her breath, she heard the sound of bones crunching.

"Human, since you have not given up on the hunt I shall allow you to live. Once I am done with my meal, I shall begin my chase. This is your warning, make my time here worthwhile," whispered a guttural voice so close to Tesse's ear she could smell the stench of blood coming from its mouth.

Goosebumps appeared all over her skin as she turned to look at the thing that was talking to her.

The monster dwarfed her at a height of 3.5 meters tall, its eyes deep red as it stared at her in interest.

For such a big monster it moved with such agility that Tesse hadn't even realized it was next to her before it spoke.

The beast looked similar to the orcs from fantasy movies, but what was even more familiar to Tesse was the suit it was wearing.

It looked similar to the one she had put on Gray, except that its regalia had a different pattern, and it had stripes of red on the inner garment.

"Now run," whispered the orc, before disappearing from Tesse's view.

66