Interim Note for Explanations and Announcements
3.5k 5 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello readers, sorry to budge in like this, but it has come to my attention that there are a few issues that require an explanation to certain individuals.

So this chapter is dedicated to explaining important events, or at least give light to certain things. You may skip this, by no means do I want to tell you how to think about certain things. However, if you want a better explanation of what is going on and perhaps what is to come, continue reading.

1. Gray's Powers

A lot of people keep asking me what the deal is with Gray's powers. So I will give a brief explanation to sort out any confusion you may have.

Gray's original ability is called 'He who pleasures death', an ability that allows him to steal the abilities of others if he witnesses them die. This leads us to the first power he stole, blood weapons. The power description is pretty vague, he can create weapons out of blood. However to date, it has proved to be his most powerful skill, it even allows him to imitate magical weapons, such as the Mighty Sword which we will be discussing next.

2. Mighty Sword

The Mighty Sword is perhaps the most misunderstood concept of the novel. Let me start of with this, the Mighty Sword is not a normal blood weapon. It is a magical weapon, with a contract. See chapter 16 [Goblin Slayer (1)] for a refresh on its history. It's abilities however have merged with the blood weapons skill allowing it to change form. The merging of the two have also caused the emergence of the Bloodlust mode, which originally never existed without the Mighty Sword skill.

As a rule of thumb remember that normal blood weapons have no special abilities and are mere weapons.

3. Tesse's healing factor

Tesse perhaps has the strongest healing ability to date within the novel, allowing her to save someone from near death (as scene on multiple occasions when she saved Gray.). She does not require food or sleep due to this healing factor, so just keep this in mind.

4. Gray's Mother

I haven't forgot about her. She plays a more prominent role in Volume 2. For now she remains a shadow of his past

5. Gemstones

I had a reader ask me, why didn't the goblin noble drop a gemstone? I smiled at that, short answer is, it will later be explained.

6. The Barrier

The barrier has pretty much been explained. It prevents entry and exit to and from the town. Nothing apart from portal seem to be able to exist on it.

7. Why haven't you further discussed on the elves that were seen?

The elves live past the barrier. Volume 2 of this novel will discuss them in great detail, them and other beings. But for now we are stuck with humans, and a few special goblins and Orcs. :3

8. What exactly happened to Gray after the demon contract?

He owes Amaymon a billion souls and has given his right arm. The right arms thing is pretty self-explanatory, however, the soul thing seems ambiguous. Gray has been cursed by specters that constantly gnaw at his mind if he doesn't offer souls after a fixed period. Meaning he constantly has to kill something to prevent them from plaguing his mind. And NO, Amaymon did not give Gray any powers. Their relationship will perhaps be better discussed in Volume 3, but for now, we remain happy with what we know.

9. If you have any more questions you may ask me in the comments, and I will try my best to answer.

I plan on getting to Volume 1 before the end of the week, so there might be a few mass releases to speed up the process.

Happy Reading !

56