Afina
3.4k 10 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where is it, where is it," whispered a blue-haired girl nervously as she walked down the aisles of what looked to be a chemical supplies warehouse.

"Ahh, here it is, antimony pentafluoride," she whispered with a smile, taking a silver bottle off the shelf before carefully placing it in the shopping cart she was pushing.

Inside the cart lay a few other mundane-looking bottles. One was labeled vinegar, another sodium hydroxide with the symbols 'NaOH' written in bold letters at the top. At the very bottom were a few bottles of bleach solution, and right next to it were sachets labeled 'White phosphorous,'.

'I have to hurry up before someone comes in,' she thought, hurrying to get the next item on her list.

"Next is hydrogen fluoride," she whispered as she walked through another aisle.

"Okay, this is i-" before she could finish her sentence she heard footsteps walk into the building.

"Who's there," shouted a masculine voice as several other footsteps could be heard behind him.

'Fuck,'

She quickly hid behind one of the shelves, sweat dripping down her face as she waited for them to leave.

"Jim are you sure you heard something?" asked one of the men, clearly annoyed by his comrade.

"I heard something squeaking, like wheels. Let's just check the shop and if we don't find anything we'll head back," replied the first voice.

'Shit, I knew I'd be screwed sneaking into Riot Guild territory,' thought the blue-haired girl as she stared at the insignia of a clenched fist spray-painted on the walls.

'Well, might as well use these now,' she thought, before opening the silver bottle and placing it beside her.

'Thanks Mr. Martins, for teaching me the wonders of chemistry,' she thought with a smile before taking a bottle of hydrogen fluoride and pouring it in the silver bottle.

"Did you hear that?" whispered one of the men, before walking towards the shelf that the blue-haired girl was hiding behind.

"Yeah, it's called super acid," shouted the blue-haired girl before pouring the mixture on the man's face.

His skin tinged red before slowly peeling, patches of blood appearing on his face as he fell to the ground in pain.

"What did you do?"

"Get her," shouted one of the men as he looked at his comrade roll on the ground in pain.

She threw the rest of the contents at the remaining men, burning off their clothes and parts of their skin before running off.

One of the men was about to open fire before his comrade stopped him.

"Are you crazy? Do you see all the chemicals around you?" asked the man, quickly removing his clothes to avoid being burned by the substance

"Just use your powers. She wouldn't be using such cheap tricks if she had a strong ability," continued the man before running after the girl.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," she cussed, as a bottle of bleach slipped out of her hands.

She was currently holding 6 bottles in her arms, hampering her movement as she bolted for the door.

"You aren't going anywhere," smiled a man as he jumped right in front of her.

'Great, this guy has super jump,' she thought to herself before throwing a bottle of ammonia at the man.

The liquid got into his nose, causing him to retch, the smell of pure ammonia attacking his sense of smell.

"Just leave me alone for fucks sake. I just borrowed a few chemicals. Not like you guys know how to use them anyway," she shouted.

"Oh, and you do?"

'Yup, I'm screwed,' thought the blue-haired girl as she stared at the skinny man in front of her. He held a red spear in his right hand and had a sinister look in his eyes.

"V-Vice Captain Silas. We were jus-" as the men who were chasing her arrived they realized that Silas wasn't alone.

"C-Captain, forgive us for our carelessness. We will handle her right away," they corrected themselves, looking to the ground in sign of respect towards Andre.

"What are you doing with all those chemicals?" asked a small blonde-haired girl from behind Andre.

"Cat got your tongue?" asked Silas, poking the tip of his spear to the bottom of her chin.

"We can't waste any more time here. The church representatives are waiting for us," complained Judith from behind Sophia.

"T-To get revenge," she stuttered, dropping the bottles to the floor in resignation.

"How exactly would you do that?" asked Andre, clearly intrigued.

"By mixing these gases I can make toxic chemicals. A-A simple trick, b-but I sweat I wasn't going to use it on you guys. I-It was for the dollhouse," she stuttered in fear.

"Toxic chemicals? And what about you? Or were you planning suicide?" asked the blonde-haired girl, clearly impressed.

"N-no,"

"No what? I say we just kill her, why are we wasting time here anyway? We have a raid to complete," snorted Silas, pushing the tip of his spear deeper into her skin.

"M-my ability. It allows me to resist all status effects. Including poison," she answered finally.

"Did you say all status effects?" mused Sophia, a thoughtful look in her eyes as she stared at the blue-haired girl.

"What is your name?" she asked.

"A-Afina,"

"Perhaps we can use her for our plans. If she's able to resist all status effects, perhaps she can withstand your ability," said Sophia, turning to her big brother for his reply.

"Perhaps," replied Andre, crossing his arms as his eyes began gleaming blue.

A strong pressure overcame all those present as if the gravity surrounding them had been increased 10 fold.

Everyone got to their knees, their veins bulging and eyes red as they tried to withstand the pressure.

"C-Captain, p-please stop," pleaded Silas, sweat dripping down his forehand as he used both his hands to prevent himself from falling face-first into the ground.

"It seems you were right," said Andre finally, as he stared at Afina.

==============================

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/w9exHW6FBw
Join the Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lordofkaizen

56