Singularity (2)
3.1k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Calvin, hold on to these. They're mine and Andre's" ordered Sophia as she tossed two glowing white cubes to a middle-aged man behind her.

"T-The Ressurection cubes," stuttered the man, his hands trembling as he held onto the two cubes tightly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make any for you and Silas. My ability only allows two," continued Sophia, turning to Judith before walking through the portal.

'Ressurection cubes huh? So that's why the Riot Guild was able to conquer three tower floors in under a week,' thought Eleanour as she walked through the portal behind Sophia.

"Master something feels o-"

"I know, but I don't have time to worry about that right now," struggled Gray, his voice taut with pain.

The patterns on his right arm were now glowing visibly under his suit, their warmth becoming an insufferable heat that burned at him from within.

The voices in his head, a choir of death that pushed his sanity to the limit.

"After yo-" before Judith could finish, Gray brushed past her in a hurry, his hands tucked into the pockets of his suit.

"That kitten, where have I seen it before?" whispered Judith to herself as Tesse passed by her holding a jet black kitten to her chest.

Although it had been too dark to see the cat beast during the Jungle raid, the kitten's outline was familiar to her.

"Stop daydreaming," snorted Silas as he brushed past Judith holding his spear in his right hand, his mood apparently sour from waiting so long.

[Tower of the Lapsus.]

[Floors 4]

[Difficulty E-B]

[Maximum number of players allowed: 20], announced an autonomous voice as Judith walked through the portal.

The scene in front of her was reminiscent of hell. The sand was red, and the ground arid with cracks forming as far as the eye could see.

The sun seemed closer to the ground, its heat searing even the small shrubs that somehow managed to grow on the ruined land.

"Hello challengers," boomed a low guttural voice, a single massive figure stood atop the fortress walls, holding a great sword to its shoulder.

"Prepare for death," laughed the beast, before the fortress gates opened, releasing a horde of massive green orcs towards the raid party.

"If we get into an arrowhead formation with Andre at the fr-" before Sophia could finish her plan, Gray ran off into the crowd, his silver sword gleaming under the hot sun.

He became nothing but a black blur to all those behind him, his speed on par if not slightly faster than Judith's.

"Another speed ability user?" asked Sophia as she watched Gray's figure rush towards the army of orcs.

"It doesn't matter. If he's anything like Judith, he's all speed and no strength. He won't be able to do much against such massive enemies, what a waste," scowled Silas, gripping onto the shaft of his spear even tighter.

"Finally," laughed Gray as the head of an orc rolled to the ground, its blood splattering all over him. Although warm, it still offered a cooling effect giving him a moment of respite from the sun.

"T-That's impossible," stuttered Sophia as the battle field slowly became painted red in blood.

"So what? He can cut of an orc's head," retorted Silas before running towards the horde himself.

"These orc's have high regenerative abiliti...," whispered Sophia as if questioning herself.

'Was I mistaken?' she wondered as Gray's figure zipped through the battle ground, wreaking havoc on the enemy ranks.

"No, you weren't," smiled Armin calmly, pointing to an already struggling Silas.

Silas's spear was stuck inside an Orc, its wound healing around the hole at a visible pace, trapping the spear inside its flesh.

"What th-" before Silas could finish, the Orc punched him in the gut, sending him flying a few feet away.

The Orc rushed towards the now prone Silas, a club in its hand ready to end his life.

"I've warned you not to be so hasty," said a deep voice before the club could reach its target.

Andre held back the club with a single hand, pushing the orc backward.

The size gap between him and the Orc wasn't so massive, he stood at 1.9 meters while the orc stood at 2 meters.

Andre then removed the red greatsword on his back with a single hand, slashing the orc's head off.

"It seems that we will be unable to carry out any plans in this raid," commented Armin, stroking his beard as he slowly approached the horde.

"Eleanour, please send out Michael. It seems the white-haired boy is starting to struggle," he continued, looking at the massive group of orcs that began to surround Gray.

"Very well," replied Eleanour, before raising her hands to the sky.

A brilliant light shone on the battlefield as a large figure descended to the ground.

"A-A mecha?" asked Sophia, starring at the mechanical golem in awe.

It seemed to radiate a holy aura, with symbols and crosses etched onto its outer shell, its great sword shining brightly under the blazing sun.

'These guys are monsters,' thought Silas as he watched Andre, Gray and the mecha cut down the orc army's numbers.

The once barren land was now moist with blood, green heads littered the ground, adding color to the blood-red scene.

"It's just as I thought. You have to cut off their heads or they'll heal. However, not that it matters," murmured Armin as he passed by the dumbstruck Silas.

"Are you sure he'll be okay?" asked Sophia as she watched Armin approach an Orc.

"I wish that he wouldn't," snorted Eleanour.

*Aghah?* mumbled the Orc in confusion, questioning the prey that so easily approached it.

As it was about to smash its club into Armin's face, glowing yellow chains bound its hands, stopping it mid-air.

"Crucify," smiled Armin as a wooden structure erupted from the ground, the glowing chains binding it to the cross as if it were being crucified.

In the next second, a bright light radiated from the Orc, burning it alive. Its shrill cries of pain seemed foreign coming from such a large creature.

"Yes yes, the lord forgives all," smiled Armin as a group of Orcs began charging towards him. However as they got closer, the same chains bound them as well.

Several wooden crosses emerged from the ground at the same time, the chains crucifying them to the cross.

"Your cries of praise have been heard. The lord is with you," saliva dripped from Armin's mouth as the melody of screams rang in his ears.

Once the radiating light died down, nothing was left of the orcs. Nothing.

"U-unreal," stuttered Silas. For so long he had thought that he was second only to Andre, but today his eyes were opened. That he was but a mere human in a world of monsters.

==============================

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/w9exHW6FBw
Join the Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lordofkaizen

60