Quest of Innocence (2)
2k 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’ll be needing some supplies though,” said Gray before stopping at the front of the door. It had just occurred to him that traveling across the kingdom would be dangerous, what with him having just fought a small army a few days ago.

“Go on.”

“I’ll need two hooded garments to cover our faces, I don’t want everyone knowing who I am. And I also need a map of the Kingdom, I’d like to take the less populated routes.”

“Hmm, very well. Anabeth, prepare what he asked for,” instructed Alucard, before the maid set off.

“And any weapons you’re willing to give. I’m not going to be using my blood abilities when I get there,” added Gray before the maid had the chance to leave. Sure, he could mask his face, but if he were to use his blood abilities then he might as well be revealing his identity anyway.

“Quite the careful man, admirable. Anabeth, prepare two sets of weapons as well, nothing too powerful though,” instructed Alucard.

After retrieving his silver long sword and the other items he had requested, he and Tesse got on the horses that had been prepared for them. Although Gray thought of them as horses, they weren’t exactly the same type as the ones he had often seen on television. These horses were massive, perhaps even bigger than specially bred warhorses, and had glowing red eyes and sharp canines.

[Vampiric Horse lvl.2]

Gray read the name tag that floated on top of his horse’s head. Ever since Alucard gave it to him, he was able to see all the horse’s stats and abilities. It would seem the horses were some sort of vampire variation, as they had a drain ability that allowed them to replenish their health by drinking blood, and had increased speed and strength stats under the moonlight. As impressive as they seemed, Gray could’ve guessed that there were better horses at Alucard’s disposal, as the horses were low leveled to begin with anyway.

Before they left, Gray took a look at all the items that Alucard’s maid had prepared for them. There was a single greatsword with a crimson red gemstone at the center of its hilt, and an obsidian black blade that was sharp on one side and jagged on the other. The other blade was an obsidian claymore, though it was a two-handed sword it was smaller than the first.

[Vampiric Greatsword: Blood-stone Enchanted]

[Rank: Common]

[Vampiric heal: Drains the blood of enemies and heals for a small portion]

“Hmm, well this might lower the toll of my bloodlust a little, but it being two-handed will limit the number of weapons I can use in combat. Perhaps in my bloodlust mode I can use it as a one-handed sword,} thought Gray as he read the sword's stats, before placing it on his back, its scabbard at a diagonal with that of his silver sword forming an x shape on his back.

[Vampiric Claymore]

[Rank: Common]

Gray handed the other weapon to Tesse, who placed it on her back as well. Lastly, Gray opened the map, though the second he touched it, the scroll in his hand disappeared, and a notification came into view.

[Map of Elden acquired]

After gesturing to click on it, a holographic model of the map opened into view, allowing him to zoom in and out of different areas with but a thought.

{This New Vautis system is quite handy,} he thought to himself before charting out his course. On the map the town of Axiel had already been marked by a small glowing dot, perhaps the map also marked all his quest areas he thought subconsciously as he took note of all the major towns on the way.

{It’s a one day ride if we cut through an uninhabited section of the fores-}

{We need at least a single stop, my brothers will not be happy if you do not feed them their souls for so long,} interrupted the voice in Gray’s head.

{You again. Who are you? I'm fully aware you aren’t that elf girl from earlier. Where did you come from and what are you doing in my head?} asked Gray, his anger audible in the way he addressed the strange voice.

“Master?” Gray had been quiet for quite some time, and Tesse was beginning to worry.

“Ahh, let’s go,” replied Gray, before repeating what the maid had shown him with the reins. Gray had never ridden a horse, and though Tesse had ridden one once as a child, she had long since forgotten. The maid had made it clear to them that the horses were well trained and only required simple instructions, such as pulling on the reins for it to stop, making a whipping motion for it to go, and making even more whipping motions for it to go faster.

{I am the first, the first out of the void,} replied the voice as Gray struggled to keep his balance atop the galloping horse.

{Speak clearly, you’re annoying as it is. And you didn’t answer all my questions,} complained Gray, holding onto the reins as tight as he could.

{I am a specter, as you call it. One of the millions that were imprisoned within your soul by the demon Amaymon. As for why I am in your head, it is because I cannot exist outside of the void. It seems I did a mistake when trying to take over the body and destroyed it, now I am trapped with the progenitor.}

The voice was making less and less sense as it spoke. Though Gray could roughly determine what was going on. It seemed the specters had the ability to come into the outside world, confirming the suspicions he had ever since they had taken over his body.

{It seems you are still confused. We are the legion, you are the legion. We have a common goal, the destruction of life, and though Amaymon forced us into you on a whim, we have accepted you as the progenitor.}

{What?}

====================================

[System Information]

[Vampiric Horses]

Specially bred warhorses from the Nation of Kalin. They are a mix between the common horse and vampiric hounds and were created to be used as a staple horse for the order of Vampire Knights, though their use has become more prevalent in the human and elven nations.

For more information read 『A brief history on Kalin』

=====================================

Join the Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lordofkaizen

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/V64Xmqr2gh

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
36