The Cult of Amaymon Part 8
1.3k 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group fighting it wasn’t fairing much better either. Four of them could barely stand, and had gaping wounds all around their bodies. And those of them that could still fight were trying to hold the beast at bay, however, at this point the beast was just toying with them, slamming one of them into the ground like a rag doll.

Gray drew his silver long sword before rushing toward the beast. Seeing that Gray was coming to help, the group felt a bit relieved, already planning on retreating once he took their place. However, things rarely ended well where Gray was involved.

In a flash, all their heads lobbed to the ground, their corpses robbed of blood in an instant.

“Thank you for the meal,” whispered Gray. The reason he had chosen this particular group was because they were so far from everyone else. Elves didn’t have night vision, so he was fairly certain that no one could’ve seen the little ‘snack’ he took before fighting the demonic beast.

Gray didn’t waste any time, using both his speed and strength to their absolute limits in order to pressure the beast. Though even at his top speed, the beast was still slightly faster than him. Each time he would swing his blade, he would just hit air, though at least the beast was wary of his attacks. With every swing, he led the beast one step closer to the appointed location. After a few minutes of relentlessly swinging his blade, not giving the beast even a second to counter, he finally got it on top of the spot that he had told Tesse about.

A split second later, an ear-piercing sound rang on the battlefield, before the ground beneath the demonic beast tore open, swallowing it into a hole. Gray acted quickly, dropping his silver sword in order to pull out his [Vampiric Greatsword]. Using all his weight, he pile drove it into the demonic beast's paw, till the blade had completely disappeared into the ground.

The demonic beast cried out in pain, and in a blind fury snapped at Gray. Gray was a second too slow to dodge and paid the price, his entire left arm had been chomped off, and blood splattered from his wound at an alarming rate.

Gray looked at the stump where his arm used to be, and then at the beast, his eyes glowing red with anger.

“You fucking…”  Gray’s fangs and nails grew longer and sharper, reacting to his rage, and in an instant, he ripped the demonic beast’s throat out. The beast wailed in pain, however, it was already healing.

{How did it rip through the orc suit?} wondered Gray, though he would have to find his answer later on. Right now he had to find a way to pin it down.

“If I don’t do this quickly, I’m going to die from blood loss,” realized Gray, clutching at his injury with his free hand to try to slow down the bleeding. As he did that the markings on his right hand were exposed, giving him a risky idea. {It’s now or never,} he thought to himself before calling out『Mighty Sword Blood Replica』.

The markings on his right arm began glowing a bright red color, briefly attracting the attention of a few others on the battlefield, however since it originated from beneath the ground, they quickly dismissed it as they had their own battles to focus on.

Blood began ebbing from the glowing markings, before flowing to his hand and forming a crimson red sword. Gray turned the sword into sickle with chains before wrapping it around the beast. The beast snapped at him furiously as he ran around it, however, the [Vampiric Greatsword] constantly ate away at its health and kept it in place, making its attacks considerably less dangerous if Gray kept his distance.

After wrapping it a few times, Gray changed the sickle into a long sword, before stabbing it straight into the beast’s stomach. The beast cried out in pain, twisting and turning as it tried to get it self free. Gray then drew blood from the beast in order to pay the blood toll for changing the structure of the weapon, before ripping it out and driving it into the ground. He hammered on it with the heel of his foot afterward in order to get it deeper into the ground, anchoring the chains.

Though the beast had healed most of its injuries, it couldn’t escape the trap due to the vampiric effect of the greatsword. By this time Tesse had reached the hole to assist Gray. The moment she saw Gray clutching at his wound she nearly burst into tears. Due to the protection of his suit he had never been in such a state, though it was too dark to see, he was deathly pale from losing so much blood, and if it were not for his anger at the beast he probably would’ve already passed out.

Tesse quickly healed him using her skill, completely regrowing his arm. Though the pain that hit her caused her to collapse in mind numbing agony.

“Your skill has improved. I remember when I first got you, something like this would’ve knocked you out for hours,” commented Gray, before walking towards the restrained beast.

Tesse could feel her heart pumping faster, for a second she had forgotten the pain that afflicted her body. Even though Gray had meant it in a more matter of factly way, Tesse took it ass a compliment. To her, her master had acknowledged all her night of practice, and it had all been worth it just to hear him say that.

Though her thoughts were quickly interrupted by the beast's screams. The beast lashed against the chains as Gray mercilessly ripped its throat out, over and over again. Each time it would heal, he would stick his claw-like nails into the beast's throat, ans slowly rip its throat out. He lost himself in the euphoria of hearing its screams, his anger had been quenched long ago, now he was doing it just for the fun of it. A few hours passed, though Gray had hardly noticed, all the while he had been tormenting the beast, making it wish that it hadn’t had its healing factor at all.

===============================================

[System Information]

Shanty Districts of Axiel

Due to the high cost of land within town, some residents are forced to make their houses outside the city gates, left vulnerable to bandits and monsters without the protection of the town guards. These residents were the first to go missing at the beginning of the demonic attacks and go to sleep knowing that that night might be their last.

================================================

Check out the Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/lordofkaizen

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/V64Xmqr2gh

21