Prologue Part 3 – Altering Destiny
2.3k 10 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Loki manipulated the strings of fate and found that he could reincarnate as anyone he wished. However, who did he know that was not from Asgard or the Nine Realms?

After experimenting, he found that he kept reincarnating as a god but in different realms and pantheons, living their lives but retaining his experiences.

He lived three times as a member of the Greek pantheon in Mount Olympus.

The first time as the goddess Laverna, the goddess of thieves and charlatans. He lived through her full life, experiencing her whole existence, and enjoying the peace.

The second time, he lived as Mercury, the God of speed, but also of commerce and cunning, which was closer to what Loki viewed himself.

The third time he reincarnated as Circe, the Goddess of Magic.

As each of them, he lived their lives as if he were them. But in the meantime, he accumulated their godly abilities and knowledge. Each lifetime was spent mastering new abilities.

He liked being in the Greek Pantheon of Gods. In Asgard, he was primarily a thinker, while the majority of Asgardians were brainless brutes, so he was always an outcast.

But in Olympus, he wasn’t reviled as much for being a thinker, and in fact brutes like Hercules were looked down more than him. He thought Hercules would fit better in Asgard than in Olympus.

However, regardless of being in a different Pantheon, he seemed to be a catalyst of chaos, somehow being a god of mischief or mayhem of some sort. He was always a trickster deity. 

And there was always a force that seemed to be following him around, no matter which life he lived. None of the other Gods sensed it, but perhaps because of his knowledge of destiny from the Norns, he felt it clearly.

He had secretly visited the Fates, who were like the Norns here in Olympus, but even after absorbing their knowledge in secret, he could not find the cause of his unease.

At the end of his third life as Circe, he decided to try to live another life and altered the strings of karma again.

The next life he lived was as Morgan Le Fey, half-faerie half-sister of the mythical King Arthur. She learned magic under Merlin himself, gaining another perspective on magic and becoming an immortal in her own right, even surpassing Merlin in magical ability. This was no surprise considering she had also the knowledge and abilities of Loki and Circe.

Somehow, again he/she was eventually blamed for the fall of Camelot. In this incarnation, he started feeling a sense of unease, as if he was being hunted. So he decided it was the best time to leave for another life. Sighing, he jumped lives again.

He lived the life of Isis, the Egyptian Goddess of the Nile, who was also known to shapeshift and play tricks. However, one time being a Egyptian God was enough for him. After learning their magics and godly knowledge, the unease grew stronger and he decided to change his reincarnation again.

His next life, he lived as Son Wukong, the Chinese Monkey God, where the discomfort was the strongest he has ever felt. Although, like the Gods of Olympus, he liked this Pantheon, the feeling of unease caused him to run again.

He lived his next life Hanuman of the Indian Pantheon of Gods. But this time, he didn’t manage to finish his life. During one of Hanuman’s legendary missions, he was attacked.

Time stopped still and dark clouds suddenly covered the sky. The clouds parted to reveal several humanoid men and women sitting on thrones looking down on him.

“Loki, son of Laufey. You have been found guilty of tampering with destiny and the fates” boomed a voice from one of the shadows looking down on him.

“How dare you? Tampering with destiny? Are we your playthings?” asked Loki in defiance, looking up arrogantly to the sky.

“Although you may have usurped the knowledge of the Norns, you will not escape your fate” said a female member in the shadows.

She lifted her hand and a spell was cast in his direction.

Loki was hit, but as he faded from existence, he snorted and waved his hand dispelling the spell. It was the same spell Skuld cast at him before.

“Your punishments mean nothing to me. I am beyond you now” he said defiantly.

“Little godling, you may have some skill. But once we are done with you, you will rejoin your Asgardian brothers in your fate” said another male voice as they all lifted their hands and several different spells were cast at him at the same time.

At this very moment, watching the different spells, Loki’s eyes were enlightened. They were the lords of destiny. And the spells they cast were binding spells of fate and karma.

Now he could see a thread linking his soul to one of them, which he assumed had something to do with the Asgardian Gods.

He looked at his thread and it was entangled with several other strings. Looking deeply, he recognized them as the other lives he lived besides being Loki. The lives of Laverna, Hermes, Circe, Morgan Le Fey, Isis, Son Wukong and Hanuman.

He grabbed out at the many spells that now looked like threads shooting at him and he cut his own string, separating him from being Loki.

Simultaneously, he reached out at the threads aimed at him and tangled them all in a knot, together with his original thread, it was a complete mess.

The Lords of Destiny screamed as their spells effected each other and Loki’s soul jumped out of Hanuman’s body and grabbed on to one of the threads and disappeared.

The Lords of Destiny recovered and looked at each other.

“Whose spell did he reverse and ride on?” one of the shadows asked.

“I don’t know. He cut his destiny to his old life. How are we to find him?” asked another.

“He is truly lost to us now. Who knows what damage he will do in his new life” said another.

“No, he cut his strings to his godly life. He would lose all his godly abilities. Furthermore, in each reincarnation, a soul would lose all their memories. So even if he escaped, he will be a mere mortal, living a mere mortal’s life” said the female voice.

“How badly damaged are we?” asked the first voice.

“Some of us are badly effected by Loki using our spells against us. The wheels of reincarnation will not spin in some of our realms for a while” said the female voice.

Little did they know that Loki’s first death in Mimir protected his memories from the effects of reincarnation.

------------------------------

Loki found himself floating in nothingness. In a distance, he could see several different lands all with a similar sight.

On the nearest floating land was a long line of souls, walking in a line. There were an infinite number of lines and an infinite number of portals the lines were going into.

Unlike himself, who was floating in space looking at them, the other souls walked around in a daze, unaware of anything going on around them.

He propelled himself to the nearest land and hid behind some rocks. 

Suddenly, the line stopped moving. The administrators seemed to be panicking.

“Whats happening?” asked one administrator.

“We don’t know. But our Lord has been injured and all the realms will have to close until he recovers” said another.

“That’s probably my fault” thought Loki to himself. He looked at the nearest portal and made a dash for it.

“What are you… stop!” yelled the administrator. But Loki jumped up and kicked him in the face as he grabbed several souls and pulled them in with him into the closing portal.

“No!! Who was that? Whats going on?” yelled the administrator.  

But by then, Loki was gone. 

50