Unexpected Captain!
3.7k 19 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stage was set. The cheers were roaring high. The students were excited. The participants were ready. Under the slight warm breeze, the first test for the captain nomination was about to start.

Most of the students were supporting the 1[F] in which the most popular boy from the basketball club was participating in the race for being the captain. Not only him but fairly every section had lots of supporters, cheering from the sidelines. Only section 1[C] was being supported by 5 students.

But it doesn't make their burning passion diminish at all. 

"Fight ON!! Yuuta-Kun!" Shio cheered at the top of his lungs as his face became bright red because of the force he exerted. The nearby watchers felt that the poor boy was forced to cheer for Yuuta which led numerous snickers toward the silver-haired guy who was now aloofly standing with the other 9 participants.

The first competition was 'Snatch'. Two participants would run from the opposite sides toward a mutual center where a piece of clothing would be lying on the ground surrounded by a circle. 

The one who snatches the cloth first and brings it back to the line from where they started would be announced as the victor. But it wasn't all. If one of them picked the clothes and the other one touched the picker then the match would be rewarded to the one who caught the snatcher. 

It was a simple old-time game that Yuuta was familiar with in his previous life too. Coincidently on the name of game he only played a countable amount of training modules, in which snatch was also included.

The first ones who went were from 1[A] and 1[J]. 

"WOOOH! GAMBARE! MAKOTO!" 

"FIGHT ON!"

"BRING VICTORY HOME!!" Everyone was extremely enthusiastic about all this, as they shouted like their life was dependent on it. The students were arranged at the sides of the field and were barricaded from the main ground. 

Yuuta was next on the line with his opponent incidentally or not was the super famous guy from 1[F]. Yuuta sighed in irritation as he knew it would bring unnecessary attention. Those who saw him sighing only smirked with sympathy.

"Heh~ It would be fun to see him eating dirt". 

" Hmm...look even Niharia-san looks worried. I bet she would be the first one who will laugh when this pervert will get shamed." It was the crowd who was getting strangely more excited as they realized what an amazing scene would be unfolding in the next round. Suddenly the importance of the first round became less, as the crowd only was looking forward to the next round.

1[A] became the first victor as he caught the other guy just as the other one took the cloth and was about to flee. 

Soon the subduing roar regained its vigor as Yuuta and Sinchino, the one from 1[F], stepped forward. It was no exaggeration to say that this round was like a massive finale that contains most of the audience's interest. 

Mio and Chihiro held hands together as they cheered at top of their lungs in perfect synchro.

"" YOU GOT THIS! YUU!"" It was strangely embarrassing for Chihiro to cheer him with his nickname but at the time she didn't ponder about it. Mio was so much nervous that she totally got engrossed in cheering to ignoring her beating heart.

Kurumi and Rin were also contributing by releasing a small amount of noise for Yuuta as they helped Shio to hold the cheering poster as high as possible.

Yuuta glanced once at his support and strangely he wasn't able to look for Mio only this time. In his view, all these 5 people became the most prominent figures from all the crowd who despite being wary of him in the past were now supporting him with all their might.

'It doesn't feel that bad...' With a soft smile, he walked forward focusing on the man who was about 200 meters away from him. To be honest, Yuuta wasn't much concerned about the match until now, but when he saw his new friends shouting for him, he became a little bit serious.

'I can't lose now, can I?' The coach and organizer of the event came forward with a whistle hanging around his neck before he turned his head toward both candidates. 

Getting their affirmation, he pulled his whistle and blew it loud enough for the participant to hear clearly.

The heart of hundreds trembled as they saw the commencement of the match as both boys from different sections left their starting line toward the center.

Mio bit her rosy lips in anticipation and Chihiro clapped her both hands like she was praying to the god. But soon their anxiety faded away as they saw Yuuta moving...or to say dashing.

A normal high schooler needs at least 17 seconds to cover the 100-meter distance if they were to run at their top speed with optimum physicality. Sinchino had also run at the same pace but after only crossing 60 meters his feet halted as well as the cheers from the surrounding. It was scary how hundreds of cheers faded at an instant.

The reason for such development?

Yuuta, without holding back at all went and took the cloth before even Sinchino could have realized and have hastened his pace. Not only that, Yuuta didn't even halt and with a swirl ran back which showcased what strength his limbs hold.

[A/N: Normal young boy:- 6 Mph. Trained soldier:- 10mph. You can calculate further I think.]

The organizer was thoroughly shocked too upon realizing what beast Yuuta was and how he never come into the limelight before. He even forgot to whistle but it didn't matter to Yuuta anymore. He won the round and that was all to care about.

"Here. Call me when the next stage is prepared." Without wasting time he handed the clothing to the preparation in-charge who took the cloth from Yuuta instinctively, before nodding.

Everyone was still dead frozen and the participant too. If not for the sudden burst...

"" YAAAAAH!!! WE WON!!!""""

...they might not have come out of their stupor any time soon.

Since participants weren't allowed to leave the waiting area until all the matches concludes, Yuuta could only click his tongue for not being able to meet his girl and earn her praises.

The next two competitions were a trail of unimaginable shock. What the students never thought of, whome they never felt worthy of,  what seemed impossible to believe was unfolding in front of the whole school. Not only Yuuta won the rest of the two stages but he also did it overwhelmingly.

Whoever his opponent was, regardless of gender or stature was beaten down without getting another glance from the handsome silver-haired youth.

[The selection of Substitute and the captain of the upcoming Trinity cup's chosen trio, concludes now with the victor, Yuuta Kiriyama of 1[C] at the top. I would like to call the squad members who will be making the name of our school in the upcoming competition. Please welcome them with a round of applause!]

____________...___________

"" CHEERS!!"" Sitting inside the usual cafe near the school sat six people in their school uniforms. They were undoubtedly the students of 1[C] who were celebrating the victory of their class by becoming the participating squad in the main event.

"So Mr. Yuuta-kun. How does it feel to become the captain?" Mio raised the folded tissue in front of Yuuta's mouth as in to interview his experience.

The rest of the four were also looking at Yuuta with a natural smile of pride on their faces as they realized how it feels to slap people without getting physical today.

Yuuta looked at Mio with his eyes narrowed before he sighed with a helpless smile.

"It feels good. To be honest I never intend to opt in for the competition. Thanks to the reward you offered I became interested. And looking back now I am happy that I participated." It was strange how Yuuta contended with the support he got from his new friends. He never experienced something like this before and he felt it quite pleasant to have someone by his side.

Being friends with someone wasn't in his plan at the start, but it doesn't mean he didn't welcome others' goodwill.

"So yeah I am happy. Thanks to support me guys, I know I haven't been someone to associate with in the past but in the upcoming event I will try my best to lift mine as well our school reputation." He raised his glass which had lemon soda, followed by the others as another kind of smile formed on their faces.

"" KANPAI!""

After that, they started chatting and eating the snacks that Yuuta ordered as a treat for his achievement today. The mood was lively around their table as the time flew at a fast pace for them. Before they realized it was already 7 in the evening before Yuuta rose from his seat.

"Sorry, I would be leaving now." It was Mio who followed him as she asked with a tinge of dissatisfaction.

"Why so soon. We can leave together." Mio wanted to spend as much time with him and she was even planning to walk alone with him toward the station, that's why his sudden announcement made her pout.

"Actually, my parents are coming back after a month, so I am going to pick them up from the airport."

"Aww! How sweet of you Yuuta-kun." It was Kurumi who surprisingly let her voice out with a tinge of blush covering her cheeks. She was even hiccuping as she said.

Everyone looked at her as she smiled even more brightly in oblivion.

Rin shook her head and grabbed the dark chocolate Kurumi was focusing on for a while.

Yuuta sighed before locking his gaze with Mio, who wasn't complaining anymore as she heard his reason.

"I will be leaving then." He whispered before he leaned forward and stole a quick kiss on her cheeks before he darted away.

Mio's face reddened in embarrassment as she realized what just happened.

"Please be careful..." With a daze, she waved her hand toward the place where Yuuta disappeared.

As Mio turned she saw the teasing smile on Shio's and Rin's faces as they whistled in awe. Mio became even more embarrassed as she fell back on her seat while hiding her face behind her palm.

The only one who suddenly got lost at her spot was the raven-haired beauty who for some reason was aimlessly staring at the entrance of the cafè from where Yuuta left some moments ago.

She raised her hand to touch her cheek as a displeasing thought emerged in her mind.

'Why not me...?'

________...________

A/N: Chihiro's family situation is terribly influencing her choices. Her growing affection toward Yuuta is something related to her lacking familial love. I will give her perspective too in the near chapter, so don't worry.

By the way, I have upload an advance chapter on patreon. So do check it.

And drop a comment if you feel the chapter was good~

94