Friends’ Support~2!
2.3k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These pancakes are delicious, Chihiro."

"Thank you~."

As Chihiro served the third pancake, Shio complimented her since he loved sweet things, especially in the morning.

Apart from him, four more people were eating at the dining table with similar kinds of thoughts, but they didn't express them, just enjoyed the meal heartily.

This early morning breakfast came so suddenly that Chihiro was only able to cook pancakes for the meal, but no one was complaining since they were already intruding rudely, and the pancakes were more than enough for them.

"Niharia-san...if it's okay, then let me handle the cooking. You go on and eat with others."

It was Kurumi who, after finishing her meal, got up and urged Chihiro to join the others, since she didn't have a single bite until now.

"Um...but..."

"Don't worry, Chihiro. I will help her."

Shio also appeared in the kitchen as, surprisingly, he finished his third pancake even before others could have done with their first.

Chihiro became startled upon so much persuasion, so in the end, she submitted the kitchen in the hands of two and, after untying the apron, joined the table.

"You look like a mess right now, Mio. How long did you cry?"

It was Rin who suddenly said something which halted Chihiro's movement as the first thing she glanced at was Yuuta's expression.

And as expected, he was frowning intently at the red-haired girl as she had just said something really audacious.

"What? I told the truth. Anyone can tell by those bags how long she has been shedding."

Ignoring Yuuta's glare, Rin continued to make an expression that seemed the most natural thing to say. Chihiro didn't want this conversation to be brought up; that's why she invited others, yet...

'Rin doesn't read the room at all....'

"Well, I did cry since I snatched their captain, after all."

While munching on the fluffy cake, Mio muttered as she gestured toward the two midgets pretending not to pay attention, but their whole focus was on the conversation. 

"So you are guilty since Yuuta-kun won't be participating in the Trinity cup? Well, not to be rude, but I think our friends can do good even without Yuuta-kun's in the team, no?"

The room suddenly felt heavier than before as the word left Rin. 

Surprisingly it wasn't only Mio who glared intently at Rin because of the heartless words she expressed, but Chihiro too.

"It's not just about the competition, Rin. Yuu has been rusticated from the school. You know what it means?"

Mio's voice was profound enough to make people like Shio shiver in a fret, but the receiver of such cold treatment was still unbothered as she finished the last bite of her cake before she spoke.

"Oh, and are you sure he would leave the school just like that?"

The glare of both women on the table rounded in perplexion as they subconsciously turned their eyes toward the refined young man who was eating the pancake elegantly.

"Yuu....is it true?"

Expectancy rose in her voice as she asked Yuuta whether what Rin said held any credibility or not.

And not only her but Shio, Chihiro, and Kurumi as well were expecting a positive response from the silver-haired man as all of those present there had built a special kind of connection with Yuuta.

Putting his cutlery back on the table with minimal sound, Yuuta wiped his lips with a tissue before he quelled everyone's anxiety.

"I ain't going anywhere."

Mio's eyes widened before a drop of tear instantly made way at the corner of her oceanic eyes, as she grabbed Yuuta's arm before asking.

"Then why didn't you tell me last night?"

Mio's teary eyes with a look that told how hurt she was with the blend of relief made her utterly adorable.

A small smile appeared on Yuuta's lips, much to Rin's surprise, before he brought his hand on top of the bullied girl.

"You never asked me in the first place. And besides, I found it cute how you were clinging to me the whole time."

Small giggles erupted from the kitchen and also from the opposite of the duo as Mio's face went vermillion in an instant with her mouth parted in shock.

"D-D-Don't tell them......BAKA!!"

_______________________ 

After the lively breakfast, everyone helped clean the kitchen and washed the dishes. 

Since there wasn't much work, to begin with, the group of six got done with it in just some minutes before they moved toward the living room.

Since it was the last day before the nerve-wracking event commences, the group decided to chill out and play games all day.

Chihiro's parents won't be returning, so her house becomes the best hangout spot for today.

Amidst the preparation and chatting, someone from the group stood up and walked toward Yuuta, who was sitting on the couch while gawking fondly at Mio who had a more merrier mood as she chatted with others.

"Hey Yuuta-kun."

Yuuta already saw Shio coming toward him, so without turning, he hummed in response.

"Umm...I think you should call your cousin too, since she might get bored alone at home."

Yuuta blinked in perplexion as he thought about whom Shio was talking about.

However, suddenly, his mind flashed with a platinum-haired girl who indeed was living in his home but not in the name of his cousin.

But the essence of his surprise wasn't the person being mentioned, but who asked for her.

'When did he....'

___________________ 

A/N:- Imma going to add Shio's POV real soon. I know I have delayed it already but cut some slack. 🥺

Editor : Zenon #4120

54