Father-in-law~1!
1.8k 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Knock**

"Dad. It's me."

"Oh, Yuuta. Come in."

As Toshio Kiriya allowed the person on the door, an ashy-haired boy appeared from the other side of the door.

After the family of three along with the newly added person had dinner, which the woman of the house prepared all by herself, Yuuta came to meet his father since he had something to ask Yuuta about the school and another important matter he talked about over the phone.

In normal circumstances, no one other than his family member was allowed in his office since Toshio had all his important documents' backup copies and some other confidential credentials arranged here.

Since neither the old Yuuta nor his transmigrated self had anything to do with his dad's work, this visit was the first for him.

Yuuta took the chair and sat while facing his dad, who had a completely stress-free expression on his face.

"So how is it going with, Sayuri-chan? I know this engagement was quite abrupt, but from what I have observed, she is the perfect match for you and this house."

It wasn't the first time his dad was trying to advocate his decision which he took without Yuuta's consent; that's why Yuuta didn't become short on words on how to counter.

"I am trying my best to get to know her dad. It's all up to the time we spend now."

This was the best answer he could give without blending it with any stain of lies. And fortunately, his dad contended with such a response...for now.

"Very well. Now I want to know your decision about the school. Do you want to continue or..."

"Yes, I do."

Yuuta's answer was straight and clear without any ounce of hesitation. He knew if his dad wouldn't have taken the initiative, he would have requested assistance in this matter.

Toshio's raven eyes were fixated on his son like he was studying him, but it wasn't enough to make the trained commando cower away as he returned the gaze with unwavering resolve.

After some seconds, the older one broke the silence with a small laugh.

"Haha. Why are you stiff, son? It's okay. I got it."

Yuuta was fortunate that his dad was understanding enough not to dwell on the matter since it was connected with the person he didn't want to bring into the limelight yet.

"And what have you thought about the girl who caused this? Hiiragi Riko, was it?"

The girl whom Yuuta identified as one of the targets who's secretly obsessed with Shio has taken this step and forced Yuuta out of the school.

Why Yuuta was targeted was still unclear, but for now, he wanted to keep things related to her, up to him only. That's why he didn't tell Mio or anyone that he had found the person behind this whole ordeal.

"I will do something about her. You don't have to worry about it, dad."

"Well, don't just get up and threaten her. There might be some reason she did such a thing."

Yuuta nodded as he never planned to harm Riko when she was the second most famous character in the game and the most dangerous as well.

If Shio has ended up twice with someone in specific routes, then it was her.

"Now for the thing I told you about."

Yuuta's train of thoughts broke, as he focused on his father. He had no idea what it was about, so he just relied on the upcoming words.

"I told you about my friend, Hajime, right? Sayuri's dad? He's coming to Japan tomorrow for some business-related stuff, so of course, he will come to meet his daughter and his son-in-law. Yuuta, this might sound selfish when I have practically forced this relationship on you, but my friends seemed to be a little doubtful of your acceptance of this marriage. He thinks you both are just pretending to be engaged."

Toshio, despite using his friend's name, was actually clearing his doubts as well. But he never thought that Yuuta would come out so confidently that he would break his fear all at once.

"If it's like that, then I just have to show him, my acceptance toward Sayuri. Hmm, okay, Dad. I will do just that, don't worry."

The small smile on Yuuta's face and the determined tone he backed his words with, was enough for Toshio to let go of his worries.

With a small smile adorning his face, he nodded in pride.

"That's like my son."

_________________

After returning to his room, Yuuta laid down on his bed as he texted Mio about tomorrow's plan.

Since Yuuta wasn't going to the event, naturally, Mio would accompany him for the day, so in the end, they thought of going on a date.

But this situation with Sayuri's father made the whole plan went to crap.

Mio: [It's okay, Yuu. You should probably focus on the matter tomorrow. I will cheer for you ◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍]

Despite not sounding, Yuuta knew Mio was sad about this whole scenario since even though she said earlier that she was free, now she suddenly went offline to put an end to the conversation

Yuuta sighed in trouble when suddenly he heard two knocks on his door.

**Click**

Turning the doorknob, he saw Sayuri standing on the other side with a slight flush adorning her cheeks as she asked in a meek tone.

"Ca-Can I take some of your time, Y-Yuuta-kun? It's rather urgent. That's why I came."

Yuuta knew what it was all about, so without much thought, he nodded and let her inside for the second time.

_______________________

A/N: - Development?
Who knows?

Anyway drop a comment~

42