Father-in-law~2!
2k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was incredibly awkward as the two sat while facing each other.

Unlike the first time, Sayuri didn't sit with an arrogant posture but with a timid demeanor currently shrouding her aura. However, she still didn't ask before getting comfortable.

Yuuta didn't have a problem with such an action as he sat on his bed with his eyes focused on the fidgety Sayuri.

The alluring platinum hair was tied in a bun which clearly showed the flushed nape, which seemed slightly red due to the bath she had taken just before coming here.

The one-piece night dress exposed her slim and long legs, which might have excited various young men but not the boy in front since he never notices any girl in that way except for one.

Sayuri contemplated for a long minute about how to initiate the talk, but in the end, she had to come on the main topic, so she didn't beat around the bush.

"I know you already have your own problems right now, but can I ask a favor?"

Yuuta was well aware of what Sayuri was going to ask but looking at her nervous expression, he became slightly baffled whether he knew a complete fact. So he decided to hear her out first.

"Tell me."

Sayuri halted for a second before she finally resolved herself and spoke in slight fluster.

"Ca-Can you act lovey-dovey with me?!"

Yuuta's eyes went round as he blinked in utter perplexion while trying to reason what Sayuri just spoke.

The silver-haired girl had her eyes tightly shut like she was expecting a bomb to explode as she eagerly awaited her rejection.

"Can you tell me the reason?"

It was Sayuri's turn to blink in confusion as she never expected Yuuta even bat an eye at her matter.

Since she never expected for the conversation to continue from this point, Yuuta's sudden query made her startled as she collected her thoughts and spoke after a pause.

"You already know that my father is coming tomorrow, but my dad's lover told me that he suspected our relationship to be fake. That's why tomorrow he would be only observing us. And if he finds, then he might again..."

Yuuta got up from the bed, which Sayuri didn't even realize since she was already preoccupied with various things.

Yuuta took the glass and, after pouring some water, brought it to Sayuri.

"First, drink this and calm down, okay?"

Sayuri snapped out of her stupor as she found Yuuta standing near her. Reflexively, she took the glass and nodded after a slight pause.

Yuuta sighed and got back to his seat as he spoke in a neutral tone.

"You are afraid that if your father takes you back, then this all will be over, and he won't marry ever again and will remain alone for the rest of his life?"

Amidst drinking, Sayuri nodded her head twice with her eyes slightly wide since Yuuta caught all the pointers which were making her dead worried.

Yuuta thought that Sayuri was overthinking things, but saying it now would sound like he just want to brush off the matter.

"But Sayuri. Acting like a couple even though we have spent so less days together would feel like we indeed are acting out our relationship, no?"

As Sayuri put down the glass after pouring the content down her throat, the realization hit her hard.

What Yuuta said was indeed correct. They have been together for just some days, without any prior contact before meeting in person.

If they suddenly tried to act like a couple, they would be caught in an instant. Not to talk about Sayuri's inexperience in the field.

With her voice turning dimmer, Sayuri asked in a small plea.

"What should we do?"

Yuuta didn't reply instantly as he fell into contemplation first.

After thinking for a long two minutes, it seemed Yuuta finally decided as he spoke in his natural tone.

"Leave this to me. You just follow my trail, and I promise to handle this matter with your father."

"Are you sure about that? I think it would pretty much become hectic for y-"

Breaking her heavy words, Yuuta spoke in rather a stiff tone this time.

"Didn't you hear me promising just now, Sayuri? I don't give my word without being certain about fulfilling it. So don't worry needlessly and leave everything to your fiancé."

Even his face was still the same, and his voice, cold as ever, the slight tease made Sayuri's pale face red in an instant.

"Wh-What did you just say.."

Her stuttering came from the fluster due to the suddenness of such straightforward words.

She knew that, in a way, Sayuri was engaged to Yuuta but still hearing him say himself as her fiancé made her......embarrassed!

"React like that in front of your father, and I will be seeing you off at the airport."

"Uuuu..."

Sayuri cried, being bullied as an adorable glare was directed toward the cruel man. But what he said was true since it wasn't just Yuuta who had to act.

"....I will try my best."

After some more talk about tomorrow, Sayuri got up to leave the room since it was already 11 on the clock.

Just as she was about to step out, Sayuri turned abort and found Yuuta standing inches apart from her since he came to lock the knob.

A slight blush dyed her ears as she stepped slightly back before muttering under her breath.

"Yuuta-kun....why are you helping me so much even though you won't gain anything from it?"

The Sayuri who came for the first time in the room, and the one who was in front of his eyes seemed to be two different people.

What changed her in so less time or why she had become so talkative with him so suddenly was still unclear to Yuuta, but he didn't want to bother knowing it. In the end, he concluded the chat.

"Dunno. Just felt like it."

**DHAK**

Sayuri blinked twice as the wooden door got slammed on her face while she registered what Yuuta said.

Soon she burst into small laughter as it was the first time she had been treated like this and not only that, by a person of the opposite sex.

'This guy...is really something else... '

____________________

A/N: - Let's see....is it development I am seeing. Will it be dramatic? Ah, I am getting the chills.

Anyway, drop a comment~

35