Chapter [001] – Awakening Regression
1.2k 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mom! I'm going to school!" Kilua hollered to his mom from the front door of his house, before walking out. The slight smile on his face was but a ruse, as his front, his back, his limbs, and anywhere other than his face were visibly scared. He was always in pain, although most of the time it was only a little bit, because he wasn't an 'awakened', he was just some average human who doesn't have an ability. He was a low-class citizen who attended a middle-class school, a middle-class school meaning it has more awakened than unawakened in it. Kilua was one of the people who got his ass whooped all the time at school, from super fast and strong punches to burns that were from magic, he had taken a lot of beatings for simply being an unlucky person who didn't awaken.

 

Sometimes, he would take the beatings for other unawakened at the school, and although he didn't know why, even when he was getting hit, he hadn't gotten angry. Heroism? Protectiveness? No, not all the time, he didn't protect everyone, even when he was just getting beaten by himself, he didn't feel angry, maybe it was because of his unconscious nature of always holding back his emotions. Honestly though, the only time he ever reveals his emotions is when he's with his mom or little sister, his mom's and his sister's smiles always incite happiness in him. A smile that never shows is shown to them, and only them, otherwise, he's just an empty shell that acts as an emotionless punching bag.

 

He pondered over and over about the many unfortunate things that have happened in his life as he walked to school everyday, only to arrive as an emotionless flesh sack that the awakened get to beat on. He never showed his scars nor his emotionless side to either one of his family members, as it would only make them worry for naught. His filial love for his mother, and his excessive love for his younger sibling will only ever show at home and in his heart, his hurt outer shell is no matter, he can continue on, he can persevere. But... thrive? No, impossible, only the awakened can thrive, even the weakest of ability users are considered infinitely better that trash such as the low-class. We can only struggle a meaningless and empty life, barely any money, food, appliances. The world might have changed, but true humanity hasn't, were still soaked in sin, and ravaged by our own will. We all are just a bunch of parasites that eat away at the terrestrial world around us, we even condemn and throw away our own kind due to stupid reasons.

 

My thoughts scrambled as they usually do as I'm on my way to the hellish place known as 'school', anyway, the only thing the damned place teaches us is basic studies and things about abilities and monsters, the past world of what... 11 years ago? Yeah, that shit doesn't exist. America? Korea? Japan? Russia? Nope, they don't exist, all that exists now is the central and unified government known as 'The World's Wall'. It's honestly just a bunch a bullshit, I may have only been 6 years old when the gates appeared, but I definitely knew about our world.

 

The entire continent of Australia was made into a damned 'Safe-Haven' a year after the catastrophe, that's also when the awakened started to appear, showing off their flashy and destructive abilities. Hell, some of them aren't even combat related like most, there are even some abilities like teleportation and healing, other things like ability buffs are also out there. Some of them are overpowered, and some of them are just complete garbage, I mean, you could get the ability to eject bubbles from your hands and the government will treat you like nobility. It. Is. Atrocious. Seriously, it's fucking stupid how everybody acts, well, according to me that is.

 

Anyway, I push myself out of my thought box and look up at the school in front of me, there were still some students around the courtyard and garden, but otherwise, everyone was assumed to be inside. I kept my emotionless expression on and dead fish eyes as I opened one of the front doors and walk inside toward my classroom. The shoes assigned for dress code slightly clacked on the floor of the hallway as I made my way to the first floor of hell, where the entire classroom other than myself and one are awakeneds. One of them even being a potential A-Class awakened, which is only second to the legendary S-Class.

 

Speaking, or rather thinking of classes, the lowest is F-Class, then it goes to E, then D, then C, then B, and of course A. Although they just sound like letters and stupid class classifications, the power difference between each class is quite large, though that usually depends on the awakened, and the ability. Also, if you were to count the amount of S-Class individuals alive, they'd amount to only 8 people, and if you were to count the A-Class individuals, they would amount to 439 people. Of course, the power difference between S-Class and A-Class are incomparable to the lower ranks, as a single S-Class individual can most likely annihilate an entire small state with one blow. They kill dragons and phoenixes as a past-time and their only worry is politics, which is easy with the overwhelming power they posses.

 

As I reached the classroom door, I grabbed the handle and slid it open with normal speed, before entering and closing it behind me. The bustling classroom full of rowdy and proud awakened had stopped, like they just caught a mouse in a mouse trap. My dead fish eyes focused on no one as I walked to my desk near the window and sat down. I placed my bag on the ground away from the isle as a classmate of mine who's supposedly the prettiest girl in school walked up to me with a condescending look.

 

"Hey trash, go get my group some drinks from the vending machines." She spoke with visible disgust as she gave her 'order' and walked back to her group of pretty bitches. I didn't even move nor look at her as my dead fish eyes stared forward wish a blank expression, I stood up from my seat and took my bag with me, as I walked down the desk's isle and out of the classroom. After I closed the door to the classroom, I mumbled something unintentional under my breath. "Stupid bitch, just watch." My words were said to nobody, but... they were definitely heard by somebody.

 

A moment later, the classroom door flung open behind me, and one of the pretty girls in that 'Bitch's' group walked out with an angered smirk on her face. She cracked her knuckles quickly and rolled up her sleeves like a brawler, before giving me an extremely hard vertical punch to the back of my spine. My spine was wrongly bent into a V shape, and I was flung like a rocket face first into the wall. I couldn't move anything, but I heard the ruthless tomboy snort and walk in the classroom, before slamming the door shut. Almost all of my teeth were loosely in my mouth or on the floor, my nose and jaw were also broken, both of my wrists and elbows had been bent the completely wrong way. I couldn't feel any pain though, my vision was getting hazier as blood flowed into my eyes and my brain got clouded.

 

This wasn't supposed to happen, I've had some rough beatings but, crippling me completely and... killing me, that wasn't supposed to happen. The pain finally caught up to my receptors, making me clench the muscles in my throat to stop from bellowing out. My jaw and teeth weren't in the right place, and I couldn't move a bone in my broken body at all, so I just clenched my throat and cried soundlessly. But it was then, I saw it, I saw something in my hazy red vision. The shape and color reminded me of a game screen, I slowly and painfully blinked, then I squinted.

 

[System Initiating: 100% | Do you accept the 'System'?]

 

My heart which I could barely feel started thumping fast and loud, as I slowly made out the words on the holographic like screen. My hazy brain had one word pinging around in my mind space at that time. 'YES!' As soon as the word reached my conscious thoughts, the screen disappeared and another reappeared right after. I squinted my slightly crimson vision as I tried to once again make out the words on the screen.

 

[The 'System' has been accepted. 'System' has been bound to host: Kilua Minho. Host's current condition is Critical, initiating emergency time regression. Time set: September 6th, 2039. Regression Commencing.....]

 

My mind was immediately whisked away from my broken body and swished into an ethereal green river. I didn't know what was happening, but I was going up the river like a supersonic jet. A second later, I was tossed out of the river and back into a fleshly body. My physical eyes snapped open and I looked around like an observing hawk. I found myself... in my room. I looked at my hands and saw the scars, then I stood up out of my bed that I was currently laying on.

 

Walking over to the full body mirror that was propped up in the corner of my room, I found myself looking like I had looked a year ago, then it hit me like a bullet, 'Time set: September 6th, 2039. Regression Commencing'. That was exactly 1 year ago from that day, and I, well shit... I regressed a year into the past.

 

'Holdup, hold the fuck up! I went back a year in time! Wait a hot, ass, second... do I still have the system?' However, as soon as I had thought that, a status screen appeared in my vision.

==========

{Status}

Name: Kilua Minho | Age: 17
Level: 1 | Job: None
Traits: (Impregnable Mind), (Omnilingual) | Characteristics: (Immortal Body), (Physical Adaptation)
Skills: (Ability Copy), (Scan)

==========

A couple questions that I thought about were answered immediately as I had wondered about the skills and traits, along with the characteristics. I also saw that the system said that I'm 17 even though I'm in my 16 year old body, so I guess it counts mental age, not physical age. My entire status is pretty explanatory in the names, and other than 'Scan' that allows me to get a system observation of someone or something, the 'Ability Copy' skill allows me to perfectly copy someone or somethings ability, I can also delete the ability from someone when I copy it, so that's quite handy.

 

I moved my eyes off the status screen and took a look at myself in the mirror, scars everywhere, blades, blunt, projectile, internal, elemental, I had all of them. My body was decently packed with muscle considering the beating and treatment I've endured, along with the minimal training regimen I have been following. The sun's bright yellow light shone through my slightly opened curtains, making a warm aura spread amongst my room. I looked up took a deep breath, before bringing my head back down and letting it out. I stepped over to the curtains and pulled them aside a bit, letting the rays of sun-shine down upon me, and for the first time in my life, I smirked.

If anyone's read this, I hope you liked it and drop a comment in the comment section. {^v^}

 

21