Chapter 2 – Discovery of his Abilities
694 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jamie opened his bruised eyes, and recalled what had happened to him.

It was dark, and he couldn't see anything.

His right arm was in pain, and he couldn't feel anything beneath his chest.

He was surprised to still be alive as survival against a bear like this is extremely slim.

To his shock, he turned to see the bear was right next to him, his broken and torn arm barely attached and still stuck in it's throat

However, it wasn't breathing and Jamie could tell that it was dead.

Even so, Jamie was paralyzed from the waist down, naked and with severe injuries all over his body.

He knew that he would die here, naked with the huge grizzly bear in what he presumed was its den.

He tried calling for help, but all it sounded like was a muffled sound from a cave dug in the wilderness somewhere.

After several minutes of yelling, he knew that if he wanted to live, he would have to get out of this somehow by himself. Nobody will be rescuing him.

He left San Diego so abruptly, nobody knew where he had gone, even though he presumed Jessica and Jack tried to call him.

Or did they? Or perhaps they didn't care.

Did he drive all the way up her to commit suicide? He was depressed after all.

His parents certainly didn't know, and they had been excited to hear the news after he told them that he would be proposing.

His older sister Lisa stayed with her husband and two kids in New York, and the last time he saw her was during Christmas in their parent's house in Houston. 

Deciding that he still had his family to live for, he tried to push the bear off with his left arm.

He screamed in pain, feeling his right arm move in it's throat, realizing his humerus bone had broken right off and the flesh and muscles were barely holding his arm together in the bear's throat

The bear was so heavy, even when he was whole, he would not be able to move it's weight.

Finally, after trying to push with all he had, he gave up as he was going nowhere. 

He was heavily injured, tired and hungry, and he reckoned he probably wouldn't last very long. 

He was hyperventilating as he thought of his coming death, but he forced himself to calm down before looking at the bear. 

The bear was dead, and he couldn't move it. 

Since he was hungry anyway, so he might as well try to eat it. 

But how? The grizzly's fur is so thick, they are able to survive gunshot wounds!

And he didn't have a knife or any sharp objects to try to pierce it's fur!

He tried to use it's paws, but he couldn't even lift it as it's arm was so heavy!

He tried to bite it's face, as it was the closest to his face, still up to his shoulder in it's mouth. 

He thought about it and bit it in as many places as he could. 

He eventually realized why when a human bodies are found dead in the jungle, they are found with their eyes, tongue and noses missing first. 

They were the softest parts, and the bear was no difference. 

Disgusted at first, but he wanted to survive and ended up gnawing off it's nose, digging out it's eyes and maneuvering to bite off it's tongue to eat. 

He thought he would be disgusted in eating raw meat like this, but after the first bite, he found eating raw meat delicious. 

And somehow, he felt himself getting stronger as he ate these parts!

And he felt a tingling in his right arm and started feeling sensations beneath his chest again!

As he continued eating the tongue, his arm dislodged from the throat and he yelled in pain as the bear slid off his arm. 

The bear slid to the floor and Jamie had to slump to the floor, landing on the bear and continued eating. 

Although he was still injured, and still paralyzed beneath his chest, he felt stronger than he's ever been, even with only one arm. 

Fortunately, the bear was a particular large one and had more than enough meat to last at least two weeks, even at the ravenous mood Jamie was in. 

Jamie ate the slowly rotting flesh for a week, finding that his injuries were rapidly recovering, even his broken arm and his spine which was causing his paralysis. 

By the 6th day, Jamie walked out of the cave, using the bearskin as a lioncloth and a cloak. 

He became strong enough he was able to lift the bear's body and use it's claws to slice through it's fur and skin. 

And to his surprise, he found that he had retractable claws in his palms of his hands, just under his fingers, that resembled the claws of the bear. 

He had completely recovered, and was surprised that even his paralysis had been healed. Was that even possible? Even his torn and broken right arm had visibly recovered fully, without even a scar!

He looked around and it was daytime. Suddenly, whoosh, a wave of sensations flooded his senses as his nose and hearing overwhelmed him with unfamiliar scents and sounds. 

He squatted on the ground, covering his ears and breathing through his mouth. 

The smell in the den was overwhelming after a few days, but he got used to it since he was stuck there. But now, there was so many scents that he felt overwhelmed. 

He stayed still for a few minutes before slowly opening his ears and breathing with his nose again. 

What happened? He thought about it and putting together with his claws in his arms and feet, perhaps he had taken the abilities of a grizzly bear?

He looked at a tall tree nearby and planted his right palm on the tree and his claws dug into the tree. 

At a whim, he started climbing the tree, using both his hands and feet, and found that he had climbed the 50 foot tree easily and was on top of the tree in seconds!

This confirmed that he had the climbing ability of a bear!

He looked around and found that there was no sign of civilization in sight. 

Climbing back down, he sighed. He didn't know how far the bear had brought him.

Getting hungry, he had seen a river not too far away in the distance. 

If he was to find civilization, it would perhaps be better to follow the river and hopefully find a town. 

He started running in the direction of the river and found that he was running much faster than he could before!

And as he thought of running faster, he naturally started crouching to the ground and started running on all fours, running faster and he assumed was going possibly at least at 50km per hour!

This certainly confirms it! He's become some sort of bear man!

He didn't know whether he is happy about it or not, but he felt great!

He arrived at the river and looked at his reflection. He looked no different than normal, but was covered in dried blood and gore. 

He stripped his bear fur and stood naked. He observed that although his skin didn't look any different than normal, he felt that it was different. He still had skin, but it felt like some sort of felt.

Curious, he drew his claws and dried to cut his skin. Surprisingly, it was difficult for his razor sharp claws to cut his skin. It was as if his skin was loose, like a cats fur, and his muscles moved freely underneath his skin, making it difficult for him to slice his skin. 

He decided to bathe and was surprised that he was happily able to bathe in the freezing cold water, even completely naked. 

He washed his lioncloth and cloak made of bear skin, not because he needed it for warmth, but so that he wouldn't be discovered naked, once he gets back to civilization. 

Just then, his stomach growled, and he looked up. There were salmon swimming upstream, jumping in and out of the water. 

He walked into the middle of the river and with a simple swipe, he swatted a large salmon out of the water onto the shore. 

"That was easy!" he thought, and using the same technique, catching several more salmon as he caught 6 fishes and left them wriggling on the ground nearby. 

He walked to the salmon but another bear was suddenly there and was about to steal his fish! 

*Roar* 

Jamie found himself roaring at the bear, and the bear roared back as both of them clashed!

They battled ferociously, with Jamie using his claws and discovered he had retractable longer fangs and were fighting the bear with it!

He found himself able to overpower the bear, as the grizzly that he killed was twice as large as this bear. 

Eventually, the bear retreated and ran away with several injuries. 

Jamie had scratches on himself as well, but wasn't too badly hurt.

He looked at his fish and licked his lips. 

He grabbed the nearest one and started eating. 

It was the most delicious sashimi he's ever had and gorged himself, eating all 6 fishes. 

But as he finished, he suddenly felt something strange. It seemed that the river was so familiar and was calling him. 

He dove in and found he could breathe underwater and touched and found that he grew gills behind his ear!

Since he could swim easily, he grabbed his loincloth and put it on before swimming downstream!

20