Chapter 3: Bud of Civilization
347 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello! If you see any errors or typos, please tell me about it! Be warned that this chapter will have more panels than the past chapters. I hope you guys don't mind it! Enjoy the chapter, my dear readers!

Around two hours passed, it was an extremely silent day. Ethan was quietly waiting for the internal system to launch logs as the first 10 million years was passing within the World of Origin, 'Just as I was thinking about the log... A new notification has arrived.'

10 million years has passed.
The special spores launched at the sea were the first to adapt themselves to the World of Origin. Due to the World of Origin providing high probability of evolution, this was an extremely quick progress. After the spores at the sea adapted, the ones at the land weren't left behind. The current estimate is that within the next 90 million years, the first ancestors of living, intelligent beings will appear.

'Oh? Making this world with high probability of evolution was a good thing. This would, usually, take way more time to evolve from scratch. I wonder what kind of races will be born here.' Ethan thought with a sligthly excited smile. He didn't expect that creating a world like this would bring him such a pure happiness.

Since the death of his parents, happiness was too false. Distant relatives wanting the money left by his parents was common, people trying to take advantage of him wasn't uncommon as well, 'In the end, such is human nature. Even if it's me... I'm not that different. I have all emotions that most human beings have, I have desire.'

It was his emotions and desires that made Ethan who he is. His emotions made him suppress Omniscience, and his emotions made him stop suppressing it. Such a power that would make any being at the peak of the universe infinitely stronger was possessed and perfectly controlled by a mortal, 'Though after today, I can't be considered a mortal anymore.'

From the moment he assimilated the four nodes of reality, Ethan was already different from a mortal. Within that piece of reality, there was nothing that could harm him, nothing that couldn't be done by him. Of course, outside that piece of reality, even a bullet could kill him, 'This is kind of complicated...'

Closing his eyes while lying on the sofa he placed just outside the World of Origin, Ethan slept lazily. It was the first time in two years that he slept with such calmness, as if the entire world was silent in order to make him sleep peacefully.

In such peacefulness, Ethan woke up. A total of 40 million years passed within the World of Origin, but there was no log, meaning nothing significant occurred. Two more hours passed, and a new log was issued by the internal system.

50 million years has passed.

As the special spores mutated and evolved endlessly, primitive species were slowly born in the World of Origin. All kind of animals appeared, all having extremely low intelligence, driven by their most primitive instincts. Some of them originated from the Mind Power spores, being able to hunt other animals through their minds. Some had extremely strong bodies, being able to easily destroy towering trees. Some had both Mind Power and strong bodies.

Many species within the World of Origin were similar to the species within Earth, however, they were different in size, power and essence. Different species inherited different powers. Despite that, they could only use their Mind Power and Energy in the most primitive way, as no intelligent species was born yet.

Ethan looked at the log quietly, 'This is the pattern I want. A lively world full of beings who can use Mind Power and Energy, all working for their own evolution, for my evolution.'

The creation of the World of Origin was, originally, for a selfish intention. However, Ethan would be lying if he said that creating such a world wasn't fun. It is a true and complete world with real lives on it, and while they are working for his evolution, they are working for themselves as well.

After all, anyone who embarks on the path of evolution is pursuing their own happiness, be it evil, be it good.

There is no absolute good, nor is there absolute evil. 

With his Omniscience, Ethan knew too much. It was a blessing, but it was also a curse. There was no falsehood in front of him, but it allowed him to see the darkness hidden deep within beings, driving him to the point of suppressing Omniscience. 

After two years living without any goal, the World of Origin made Ethan hopeful. In this world where darkness was present within most beings, Ethan wanted to find his way in that World. 

Time passed quickly while Ethan was thinking about the past, and himself. The hours passed in the blink of an eye as huge changes slowly took place in the World of Origin, he was staring at it for the remaining part of the day without rest. 

100 million years has passed.

Time is enough to change everything. Primitive species with no intelligence were evolving very quickly, a great era would soon follow as they started to develop their own intelligence, no longer being restricted by their most primitive instinct. Weak and strong species alike would group with the same kind, forming their own primitive civilization.

The World of Origin is entering the intelligent era. Nature has always been ruthless to species that couldn't adapt, eliminating them with no mercy, however, the species that evolved were rewarded with the most precious thing: Wisdom.

The species that evolved would dominate over the weak, unevolved species. 

Such an era was called the 'Origin Era' by later generations. Ethan was very satisfied with the information contained in the log, 'Now that intelligent life has finally appeared continuously, I can make the time passage slower. The difficult part was the birth of intelligent species, not the creation of species.'

Time set to 1.000 years inside, 1 day outside.

Ethan overlooked the World of Origin from the perspective of a 'giant'. Species similar to the ones on Earth appeared and evolved within his world, not limited by their wisdom and mortal bodies anymore. Even human race has appeared, mutated and evolved towards a new direction, 'From the current pattern... Isn't this going towards a cultivation-like world? From their primitive language, they're calling Mind Power 'Soul Dao' and Energy as 'Body Dao'. In the end, the term doesn't matter, their most basic civilization is formed.'

A small smile slowly took place on Ethan's face as he observed the ant-sized species forming their civilization. Some races fought with other races, while others were sneakier and quietly developed their own race, 'Since this is to be something similar to a cultivation world, should I make 'Heavenly Dao' to make their path difficult but rewarding them greatly once they passed the test? This seems like a good idea.'

'The first 100 million years...' Ethan thought about the World of Origin while quietly observing the countless intelligent races that appeared and slowly developed, 'This era is the origin of civilization, as such, it will be called...'

'Bud of Civilization.'

Ey! Have you reached the end of the chapter already? Wow, thumbs up for you! Did you guys enjoy the chapter? Can you guys give me some feedback on the paragraphs about Ethan's emotions, etc? Many thanks! Don't forget to comment, also, favorite the novel and give it a rating! That's it, thanks for reading!

10