Chapter 4: A good man
346 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Ey, ey! This chapter was oriented for daily life, in my opinion, just showing the World of Origin isn't that good, there should have some balance. Of course, the World of Origin is, for now, the main attraction! If you enjoy this kind of chapter, please tell me on the comments, give me some feedback! Don't forget to recommend the novel to your friends, leave a rating and a like for the chapter! Thanks!

After the ancestors of intelligent life appeared, under the high probability of evolution, the first sign of civilization was born. At the exact moment the first sign of civilization was born, Ethan changed the time passage to 1.000 years inside, one day outside. 

Then, he left the piece of reality controlled by him. The next moment, Ethan just felt his body falling to the ground due to the tiredness of an entire day under high pressure on his body and mind, 'After all... My body and mind is the same as a mortal being. A balance between work and rest is needed, principally now that intelligent life was born.'

Despite being infinitely strong inside his piece of reality, using Omniscience and Omnipotence within it would also affect his body when he went outside, not to mention doing so for hours, 'Being a creator is too hard, right?'

With such thoughts, Ethan struggled to stand up and simply fell on the sofa.

...

A few hours later, in the farm, Arthur was carefully flipping through the many reports given to him. Recently, he wasn't able to focus, 'Mr. Howard is tiring himself too much these days. He's barely sleeping, I wonder what he is planning? Due to him instructing us in person, our working efficiency has, indeed, risen.'

'But if the price is Mr. Howard overworking, this is not good at all.' Arthur thought before deciding to check how Ethan was doing. Aside from working for Ethan currently, he had seen the former growing up, as such, he didn't want to see Ethan being too tired due to overwork, 'If we were more competent... He wouldn't need to make him overwork, thinking of ways to increase our efficiency!'

Arthur was sure that Ethan was overworking for this reason. In a way or another, his concern for Ethan was the purest kind, the same he gives to his own family. He decided to check on Ethan, to see if he was doing good.

It took him a few minutes to arrive at Ethan's house, then, he knocked on the door carefully, 'Mr. Howard is sleeping? I'll go check on the piece of land he designed, he's resting there for the few days, after all.'

Then, the scene of Ethan lying on the sofa was shown to his eyes. The beautiful terrain Ethan designed wasn't there anymore, replaced by a barren land, 'Perhaps... It didn't satisfy him at all. This land should bring good and bad memories alike to Mr. Howard, I'll bring a blanket to cover him, I don't want him to catch a cold, after all.'

''Hm? Arthur?'' Ethan's voice came to Arthur's ear as he saw the former standing up. As if Ethan guessed it, he said, ''I was just resting. I know you're worried that I'm overworking, but starting from now, I'll rest more. I worked more in the beginning so that I can rest more now, isn't this a common saying?''

'Is it?' Arthur thought, but he was relieved that Ethan decided to rest more, ''I was indeed worried, Mr. Howard. If you need any help, just ask me.''

Afterwards, Arthur went back to his office, finally being able to focus and to work properly. 

Ethan looked in the direction that Arthur left while stretching his body, 'Arthur is the only person who shows true care for me, not being tempted by money or his own desires. I guess I did make him worry, huh?'

After two years of only seeing the darkness within human's hearts, Ethan could finally see a light similar to the ones his parents had, 'He's a good man.'

After a moment of thought, Ethan decided to check on his farm. By checking it in person, he would get exact information on how to take better care of the cattle, crops, etc. Changing his clothes, he muttered, ''Also, I'll check on the workers I hired as well...''

It was ideal to check these things, principally now that Ethan decided to take care of the farm. He didn't want to have bad workers, rather, he only wanted good ones or workers with potential, 'Potential is something very mysterious. It is not something determined directly by the body, but rather, by the soul. The soul composes the most primordial kind of existence.'

'Body potential is, indeed, extremely important. It's just that the potential from the soul is better, since you can have high body potential, but a soul with such a low potential that you can't bring out your body potential. Rather, true potential is the combination of body and soul potential.' Ethan thought, 'It's a bit complicated, but all in all, it's the combination of body and soul.'

It wasn't that hard to check the progress of his farm at all. Due to his Omniscience, it was way easier for him to check everything from small to big details. He walked without attracting attention from the workers, quietly analyzing the cattle and crops produced, the workers were also checked by him, 'There are some that have bad intentions. Some have robbed crops, some have robbed meat, or other little things. It's just that by robbing little things continuously, they've robbed a lot.'

'However, there are two that have high potential, and the rest have good intentions. They didn't have many opportunities when they were younger, but they do love their current job.' Ethan thought before calling all of the workers together, including Arthur.

''Hello, Mr. Howard!'' The workers greeted Ethan politely as they took a seat in the place he designed. 

Then, Ethan stood up in front of them, ''I was analyzing all of you, with no exception. I have to admit, I'm very satisfied with most of you, principally John and Elizabeth, congratulation for your performance in the last two months.''

John is a young man, he's about 20 years old. His hair is brown in color, reaching up to his shoulder, about 1.75 meters tall, ''Many thanks, Mr. Howard!''

Elizabeth, about the same age as John, has black-colored hair that goes all the way down to her waist, and is about 1.62 meters tall, ''I feel the same as John, Mr. Howard. I'm very thankful of your evaluation!''

In the Howard Farm, the workers don't just take care of cattle and the crops, there are also other workers. Some take care of managing the production, Elizabeth and John are Arthur's assistants in the management of the whole farm. Ethan's gaze passed through each worker before saying a few names, ''Alyn, Mathew, Martha and Oliver, please stand up.''

Three men and one woman stood up, curious about the reason their boss said their names. Without delay, Ethan place a computer on the table and started to play a video, ''Most of you don't know... There are hidden cameras placed everywhere in the farm, and today, I have seen quite a few interesting things.''

For some reason, the four workers mentioned by Ethan felt a chill going down their spines.

Ethan looked at them quietly as a video was seen by everyone in the wall, projected by a projector, ''I don't mind what you do, you see? This farm was carefully raised by my parents, I will not admit any worker stealing things, even if it is a small thing. For the sake of the work you've provided in the past months, I won't report you to the police. Collect your things and leave the farm.''

''We understand, Mr. Howard.'' Aly, Mathew, Martha and Oliver nodded while bowing their heads. They knew that it was Ethan's kindness for just firing them instead of reporting them to the police.

Afterwards, they left peacefully, no more trouble followed. Then, Ethan looked at Arthur, ''Arthur, it's not your fault that they have acted like this, however, I hope this doesn't happen again.''

Arthur nodded, even though Ethan said it wasn't his fault, he still felt it was his fault, 'I'll be more careful in the management. Under my nose, four workers have stolen things from the farm... This is an absolute shame!'

Feeling that Arthur was a bit affected, Ethan shook his head lightly, ''Anyway, aside from this, I also want to thank everyone for the work you're providing in these months. I hope you can keep your hard work, if you need any help, you can ask Arthur."

The entire room was in silence, they didn't expect that Ethan, who had such a kind and young face, would make them feel such a huge pressure. It was as if they weren't standing in front of a young man about 18 years old, but an old, experienced boss.

Then, Ethan left the room and went back to the main house, 'I wonder what I should do... At least a hundred years has passed inside the World of Origin, I guess I'll check it in person.'

He had already handled the paperwork needed for the four workers that were fired, talked to the workers and analyzed the cattle and crops production. Ethan was planning to give some instructions, however, he was going to check on the World of Origin before doing so, 'The World of Origin is much funnier, after all!'

With that in mind, he stepped in the World of Origin without being noticed by any of the beings there.

7