Chapter 5: Heaven’s Will
338 11 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello, hello! If you can, favorite the chapter, add the novel to your reading list. It means a lot, at least to me! Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Ethan was truly curious about the current development of the World of Origin, he had already seen a few notifications sent to him by the internal system. It was truly wonderful, it takes 100 million years for intelligent life to appear despite the highly evolvable conditions given by the World of Origin, yet it barely takes a thousand years for the intelligent life to develop civilization, even if primitive.

The time wasn't set to 1.000 years a day at the exact moment the World of Origin completed 100 million years. The 'delay' that occurred was deliberate so that the most basic cilivization could be born faster. Ethan was quietly observing the entire World of Civilization as the self-intituled Spirit Beasts developed their way of 'cultivation', the same goes to the Human Race and different races.

Mind Power and Energy are of the same origin and extremely similar to the other, both can follow as the user's wishes. However, once the path of the user is set, it's almost impossible to change it. If someone takes the path of a cultivator, for example, it's impossible to take the path of a wizard.

The same kind of energy can derive countless paths, but it also limits the user's path as well. Ethan, however, wouldn't be limited by this, 'As long as I can create different worlds with different paths, I can have all of them in my hand.'

As soon as intelligent life was born, Ethan discovered what kind of path he should take. Rather, it wasn't exactly a path, but countless paths contained in a single person. His Mind was extremely unique due to Omniscience, his Body due to his Omnipotence, 'I'm a Creator, the intelligent life I create feeds me once they die. Their Energy and Mind Power return to their origin, and that's me.'

Ethan couldn't get stronger normally because the Mind Power and Energy he absorbs would be of a strange origin. However, once they're absorbed from his creations, that is, from the World of Origin, they're as pure as it could be. Only the purest kind of Mind Power and Energy can be absorbed by him, 'Only the Mind Power and Energy derived from myself is pure, flawless and perfect. If I had to say it myself, my Mind and Body are picky when it comes to Mind Power and Energy.'

It was a good feeling to find his own path, Ethan truly felt relieved. 

'Now, now... Since this world is going to take the path of cultivation, I'll be making Heavenly Dao. It'll be the purest existence, the origin of the world. It has no self-consciousness, nor can consciousness appear.' Ethan thought for a moment before resuming his thoughts, 'It'll punish cultivators that fail its tests, but will reward those who pass its tests.'

He didn't need to slowly derive the path of cultivation. If he still needed to slowly discover it, Ethan's Omniscience could simply disappear, as its function is to know everything, 'Exactly because of Omniscience, I know the path of cultivation. However, the beings within the World of Origin would need to discover it slowly. As they say, knowledge is power.' [1]

Entering his piece of reality, or as he named it, the World of Origin, Ethan closed his eyes for a moment. He was imagining the existence of Heavenly Dao as an invisible existence present everywhere. All beings were born from it, all beings feed from it, all beings return to it.

Once beings fail the tests of Heavenly Dao, they return to their origin, once beings pass the tests of Heavenly Dao, they're greatly rewarded with a pure energy. Once a being provokes the majesty of Heavenly Dao, the tribulation of Heaven will descend and annihilate that being.

'This is funnier than I expected...' Ethan thought while creating Heavenly Dao, after all, this was an existence feared and respect by any being in the cultivation novels he once read. After having its exact meaning in his mind, Ethan opened his eyes, invisible ripples flowing throughout the World of Origin.

The cultivators had barely developed their first realm, but all beings could feel an existence, invisible to the eyes but full of majesty. Rain shot down endlessly, it was a blessing given as the newly-born Heavenly Dao appeared.

...

Meanwhile, within a human tribe, a youngster about 16 years old looked up as the endless rain touched his body. It was as if gentle hands slowly washed his body from impurities, Energy flowed continuously within his body as it glowed with golden brilliance. It was something that didn't happen to any other human beings in the tribe!

His kind looked at him with shock, not knowing exactly what that meant. The youngster, however, closed his once black-colored eyes for a moment before opening them as they showed a brilliant golden color, and so he proclaimed, ''I, owner of the Golden Heaven Body, Lu Zun, have been bestowed with Heaven's Will.''

Knowledge of cultivation, as if possessed by him from the very origin of the World, flowed within his mind.

Similar scenes occurred everywhere, strange physiques were awakened by the power blessed upon mortals by the Heavens, thousands of Heavenly, Earthen and Spirit Physiques were born. Each physique was unique in its own way, some possessed strong physical power, some bestowed the ability to control elements, some had both of these qualities.

These thousands of blessed young men and women were grateful with the rewards granted by the Heavens, instantly knowing its majestic existence. They were known by future generations as the ancestors of cultivation, they braved the path of cultivation through dense thorns, bringing the current prosperity for the World of Origin.

When Heavenly Dao was born, rain descended, bringing endless blessings to the beings within the World of Origin. Beasts who had no wisdom suddenly became Spirit Beasts, possessing strong bloodlines. Talentless humans suddenly awakened strange physiques with power enough to contend with the current rulers of the World of Origin, the Spirit Beasts. 

In addition, the Heaven's Will that day made the Heaven and Earth Energy, as the beings within the World of Origin called it, have a leap in quantity and quality. It was as if the Heavenly Dao wished for the beings originated from it could get stronger faster.

However, not all beings were satisfied, ''Why must few beings be granted with strong talents and wisdom? We are also your beings!''

Jealousy is a strong emotion, many times ruining friendships, families and love. 

However...

The Heavens are to be feared and respected. Disrespect is not allowed.

That day, the beings who disrespected the Heavens were destroyed by the powerful Heavenly Thunder.

Beings blessed by the Heavens also understood it, ''We, blessed by the Heavens, should also fear and respect the Heavens.''

...

Ethan was very satisfied with his latest creation. With its existence, he wouldn't need to personally grant rewards to the beings with great merit, and it would also feed their power back to him, 'I have given them Knowledge and simulated the strange physiques I've seen with my Omniscience. It's imperfect now, but time is enough to perfect everything. True physiques would appear as time washed the imperfections contained in the physiques.'

The beings who were unsatisfied with the Heavens were killed by it. The main purpose of the Heavenly Dao created by Ethan was simple, it would keep the World of Origin balanced, collect energy from the deceased and reward the beings with great merit.

This way, it would bring benefits both to Ethan, who made a way to collect energy and to the beings living in the World of Origin, as they would be rewarded if they have great merits. For now, Ethan decided that he wouldn't absorb the energy absorbed by the Heavenly Dao, but wait for Heavenly Dao to be self-sufficient.

In the long term, this would bring more benefits. Of course, long term in the time passage of the World of Origin, for Ethan, it would be just be a day or so without absorbing energy, be it Mind Power or Energy. 

He smiled lightly, his way to get stronger was already set. Ethan was truly proud of the World of Origin, something he created, 'If the humanoid beings at the moon want to do anything to human race... They will need to ask me for permission.'

Truth to be told, Ethan doesn't have much attachment to the human beings on Earth. However, they are the race of his parents and also his own race, 'I don't want to be the only one of my original race left in the universe. The human beings at the World of Origin aren't the same as my original race, they're essentially different from their genes.'

As such, Ethan wouldn't just let the race of the humanoid beings at the moon do anything to his own race. If they want to do anything to his own race...

They would need his permission.

[1] In future chapters, more about Ethan's knowledge on cultivation will be told. I mean, not the actual knowledge, but how he obtained it. Just saying because of 'Omniscience' is a bit vague. All in all, it'll appear sooner or later.

Ahem~ Now that the note was written, I'm here to wish a good weekend (if you're reading this on the day of release), and see you on Monday! Thanks for reading the first five chapters, that's awesome!

9